Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nightmare Scenarios

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

lol.. what board did you select, and what needs did you pick?

Just used the first one (deep fried) but was familiar with PFF’s.  Can’t rememebr if used Fanspeak or Draftwize.  Just did another, and again, think unrealistically good.  Maybe I think too highly of my mock drafting skills

heres the second one:

26: R1P26

TE T.J. HOCKENSON

IOWA

34: R2P2

DL JEFFERY SIMMONS

MISSISSIPPI STATE

59: R2P27

CB JUSTIN LAYNE

MICHIGAN STATE

89: R3P25

S TAYLOR RAPP

WASHINGTON

129: R4P27

WR ANDY ISABELLA

UMASS

135: R4P33

RB MILES SANDERS

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lets say hypothetically that we are at 26, and Ballard's board has Lawrence, A.J. Brown, McGary, and Abram as his BPA's. While it's true that Ballard said there 14 blue-chip prospects, that doesn't mean 26 isn't much better than 34. At 26, Ballard can choose any of the 4 he prefers at the position he prefers. At 34, he's probably getting the player that's leftover from the other 3 in most scenarios. All about getting your choice of player within a tier.

Anyone he takes at 26 is going to be a player he’s comfortable with taking that he doesn’t want to wait on. The player is probably going to have very minimal difference in their grade then whoever is there at 34. The only way it’s not true is if someone unexpected falls or he has a higher grade on a certain prospect than we thought. For All we know, Lawrence may be there at 26 and Ballard May have him #8 on his board.

Unrealistic, but would be a dream.

DL DEXTER LAWRENCE

CLEMSON

DL JEFFERY SIMMONS

MISSISSIPPI STATE

WR N'KEAL HARRY

ARIZONA STATE

S JOHNATHAN ABRAM

MISSISSIPPI STATE

CB ISAIAH JOHNSON

HOUSTON

TE FOSTER MOREAU

LSU

164: R5P26

EDGE JOHN COMINSKY

CHARLESTON (WV)

199: R6P26

TE DONALD PARHAM

STETSON

240: R7P26

K MATT GAY

UTAH

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lets say hypothetically that we are at 26, and Ballard's board has Lawrence, A.J. Brown, McGary, and Abram as his BPA's. While it's true that Ballard said there 14 blue-chip prospects, that doesn't mean 26 isn't much better than 34. At 26, Ballard can choose any of the 4 he prefers at the position he prefers. At 34, he's probably getting the player that's leftover from the other 3 in most scenarios. All about getting your choice of player within a tier.

Thanks, Jared.  And I agree.  Although there's only 8 picks between 26 and 34, there's a true difference between Christian Wilkins, AJ Brown, Rashan Gary and Dexter Lawrence, Darnell Savage, and DeAndre Baker.  I think Jerry Tillery and N'Keal Harry bridge the gap between the two picks, but otherwise, I'd rather grab my own choice of what remains of the blue chip players than be forced to choose between the last one that I really didn't want anyway and the next level of players.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jdubu said:

You can’t tell me a guy who weighs 340+ doesn’t have a mean streak in him. Maybe we have to pull it out of him a little bit by hiding his pregame meal or telling him there is cake and cookie only to find out it’s really tofu cake and cardboard cookies :)

They could always steal his Z28 before the big game and smash it up & leave it in the parking lot...

Ridgemont-High-Z28.jpg

giphy.gif

On 4/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, Nate! said:

Just used the first one (deep fried) but was familiar with PFF’s.  Can’t rememebr if used Fanspeak or Draftwize.  Just did another, and again, think unrealistically good.  Maybe I think too highly of my mock drafting skills

heres the second one:

TE T.J. HOCKENSON

IOWA

DL JEFFERY SIMMONS

MISSISSIPPI STATE

CB JUSTIN LAYNE

MICHIGAN STATE

S TAYLOR RAPP

WASHINGTON

WR ANDY ISABELLA

UMASS

RB MILES SANDERS

If we could get this draft, holy cow!! I’d be all in on this. Just can’t imagine that TE falling to us.