Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is mike Mitchell still a colt?

Trace Pyott

I know this is kind of random and probably not the most important thread on here but I was just wondering if mike Mitchell is still a colt or is he a free agent?  The webpage has him still on the depth chart but I dunno how up to date they are. 

I know we can probably easily upgrade from him I just remember Quincy Wilson saying he was such a great mentor and basically saved his career. I think it would Be good to keep him for depth and to be a mentor to guys like Wilson. So is he still a colt and if not has anyone picked him up yet???  Thanks. 

31 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I think it might depend on whether he signs somewhere else before the draft and whether Ballard drafts a safety relatively high. If neither will happen, I can see him coming back later in the summer.

I only think that happens in case of injuries though. Also, the fact that Gathers only got one year might imply that Ballard has an upgrade in mind as the SS starter, probably from the draft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

I know this is kind of random and probably not the most important thread on here but I was just wondering if mike Mitchell is still a colt or is he a free agent?  The webpage has him still on the depth chart but I dunno how up to date they are. 

I know we can probably easily upgrade from him I just remember Quincy Wilson saying he was such a great mentor and basically saved his career. I think it would Be good to keep him for depth and to be a mentor to guys like Wilson. So is he still a colt and if not has anyone picked him up yet???  Thanks. 

Hmmm! I clicked on Team up on the top of this page and the roster came up.
 He wasn't on it. Looks like a great source.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

We had  a number of safeties that were all sort of the same guy, IMO.  And of the lot, we only have Geathers secured to the roster.  Maybe the others we tendered?  But S looks like a target for the draft.

Probably.  Farley will most likely be a Colt with that 2nd round tender.  He’s underrated IMO.   

Odum started out pretty bad, but I saw improvement towards the end of the season.  He’s a serviceable #4 we could do better. 

With Geathers injury history, I’m sure they’d love to find someone to pair with Hooker in the future.  

28 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Probably.  Farley will most likely be a Colt with that 2nd round tender.  He’s underrated IMO.   

Odum started out pretty bad, but I saw improvement towards the end of the season.  He’s a serviceable #4 we could do better. 

With Geathers injury history, I’m sure they’d love to find someone to pair with Hooker in the future.  

I agree Farley will be back. I also think he’s underrated ideally he’s a back up

or comes on as a third S. He has done well starting. The guy always seems to make his presence felt. 

We have Hooker Geathers Farley and Odum as we sit a S. I feel like that’s a spot we look to add competition to early in the draft. Gardner-Johnson is the kid I’d like to draft even if it takes our first rounder.

The versatility he’d bring would impact the  back end  day one. He can play any S role at the line, single high you name it. He has experience at CB mainly playing the slot. He can do it all back there

On 3/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, throwing BBZ said:
On 3/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, throwing BBZ said:

Hmmm! I clicked on Team up on the top of this page and the roster came up.
 He wasn't on it. Looks like a great source.

Thanks for the tip.  Anything constructive to add?