Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Jackson to be Cut

23 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't think either is an improvement over what the Colts already have on the roster.

Malik is just a guy, IMO and Hyde does not run like a 230lb RB, for the most part, he goes do too often on 1st contact.

He goes too often on 1st contact? I'm not sure we are watching the same RB. I would like Malik. I wanted him out of the draft. We'll see though.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I would pick both of them up. You can probably get Hyde for cheap and he is still good. Jackson you can get for a better price than what he was getting. Still a decent talent for a 3 or 5 tech maybe. 

So you see them as the best players available for us, for a reasonable price of course? Interesting.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

He goes too often on 1st contact? I'm not sure we are watching the same RB. I would like Malik. I wanted him out of the draft. We'll see though.

I'm watching Hyde.  I only watched him maybe 4 or 5, one when he was with the Browns and the rest with Jax, games last year and was not impressed.  Also didn't think he was that good back in the SF days.  There is a reason he will be on his 4th team in the last 3 seasons.

I don't remember much about Malik and the draft, I do know I thought the Colts should have tried to sign him when he left Denver but that was 4 years ago and like I said, I don't think he offers anything better than what the Colts already have at DT.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

So you see them as the best players available for us, for a reasonable price of course? Interesting.

No where did I say they are the best players for us. I said they are cheap options though. Nice try!!

51 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm watching Hyde.  I only watched him maybe 4 or 5, one when he was with the Browns and the rest with Jax, games last year and was not impressed.  Also didn't think he was that good back in the SF days.  There is a reason he will be on his 4th team in the last 3 seasons.

I don't remember much about Malik and the draft, I do know I thought the Colts should have tried to sign him when he left Denver but that was 4 years ago and like I said, I don't think he offers anything better than what the Colts already have at DT.

Gotcha. I forgot that the Colts also has Jihad Ward from Dallas. He was starting to come into form before the injury. 3 sacks in 6 games is really nice for a guy that came unto the team after preseason/offseason stuff with the team/coaches/unit. Most of all I love his measurables and age (24 y/o, 6'4" 295 ish)

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Gotcha. I forgot that the Colts also has Jihad Ward from Dallas. He was starting to come into form before the injury. 3 sacks in 6 games is really nice for a guy that came unto the team after preseason/offseason stuff with the team/coaches/unit. Most of all I love his measurables and age (24 y/o, 6'4" 295 ish)

I thought Ward earned his spot in the rotation prior to his injury. He is quick. I hope he is able to get back to form.