Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LSU Linebacker Devin White runs an unofficial 4.42

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Gary Johnson in the 4th-5th would be nice. He ran 4.43. I've been a fan of him for a while... I'm not sure he lasts til the late rounds now, though. Bobby Okereke is another later round prospect I like. 

Gary Johnson is having a good day.

I agree. He is worth a Day 3 flyer. 

I am still holding out hope that we bring in Tranquil in the 4th, 5th or so. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Anything on Jaylon Ferguson?

Hes the Small school pass rushing terror that most here are cool on?

Ive seen no numbers on him.   Was he uninvited for some reason?

Any info would be appreciated.

He's one of the players with off-the-field incident. He got into a fight in a McDonalds restaurant or something when he was 18... 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Anything on Jaylon Ferguson?

Hes the Small school pass rushing terror that most here are cool on?

Ive seen no numbers on him.   Was he uninvited for some reason?

Any info would be appreciated.

The NFL rescinded his invite... He had some issues in his background check. 

These numbers are off the charts though. Even though he did play mostly against non-Power Five teams. 

Jaylon-Ferguson-Player-Card.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

The NFL rescinded his invite... He had some issues in his background check. 

These numbers are off the charts though. Even though he did play mostly against non-Power Five teams. 

Jaylon-Ferguson-Player-Card.png

They rescinded his invite?

Let the Cowpies draft him.:bossy:

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

To Denver at #10?     Or higher?

I think you’re probably in the right neighborhood. Denver might be as far as he falls. Vic Fangio and the Bears took Roquan Smith in the top 10 last year, so positional value would not be an issue. 

For the sake of argument......IF Eberflus wanted this guy so he could run a more traditional 4-3, inserting him in at the MIKE and sliding Walker to SAM would still give us roughly the same sideline to sideline coverage as having Geathers in the same role.

At least in my humble opinion....

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

For the sake of argument......IF Eberflus wanted this guy so he could run a more traditional 4-3, inserting him in at the MIKE and sliding Walker to SAM would still give us roughly the same sideline to sideline coverage as having Geathers in the same role.

At least in my humble opinion....

We run a lot of nickel to counter 11 personnel so we don’t often have 3 linebackers on the field. When we call cover 1 or cover 3, having a strong safety who is strong against the run and can also drop into zone coverage is very important. 

Its damn near impossible to play effective cover 1 without a lightning quick free safety (Hooker) with ball skills, and a multidimensional strong safety (Geathers) who can penetrate gaps when needed (cover 1) and also drop into coverage (cover 2 & 3). 

If we drafted a linebacker then it would cut into Walker’s playing time. We need to ask if an upgrade is even needed or if our depth is that poor. Then there’s also a possible BPA argument that could be made. That’s another debate and an argument can be made either way.