Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL coaching changes

oldunclemark

1 hour ago, 18to87 said:

Anyone think that Adam Gase will find another HC job for 2019? AZ? DEN? CLE?

Remember just a few years ago when Gase was the Flavor of the Month? Heck, even Jim Caldwell and Chuck Pagano are rumored to have interviewed for the Green Bay job. Gase will land somewhere. Maybe not an immediate HC job, but he will get there again at some point in the not-too-distant future. 

22 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He essentially won a SB without manning.

Might want to watch the three games before that Superbowl a little closer. Also, as many Broncos fans will tell you, do you really think Ware, Talib and Sanders come to Denver if no Manning?

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

if im Irsay, i'm offering him a pay raise to keep him lol

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. A few million more in Flus' annual paycheck as a "stay bonus" might make all the difference. He probably should give Siriani a bump too and keep the band together. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Might want to watch the three games before that Superbowl a little closer. Also, as many Broncos fans will tell you, do you really think Ware, Talib and Sanders come to Denver if no Manning?

They only played 2 games in the playoffs prior to the SB and Manning was below average.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

They only played 2 games in the playoffs prior to the SB and Manning was below average.

Peyton was awful that year but they were able to get lot of FAs at good to great value (both starting safeties and Mathis on top of those mentioned) after Peyton had one of GOAT years in '13 and good year in '14. 

But depending on what happends with the ownership, his seat probably isn't hot. SB buys a lot of time and being the most famous and beloved player in franchise history on top of that buys a little more.

19 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Actually, he led them to victory against San Diego where you saw his teammates go from uninterested to dominating when he came onto the field. Against Pittsburgh in the playoffs he was close to perfect, with Denver receivers dropping 7 or 8 passes. Then you can argue that he outplayed Brady in the AFCCG. In the first half, he certainly did. There was no protection in the second half, which continued in the Superbowl in what was statistically the worst offensive line performance in Superbowl history (sacks per pass attempt). 

3 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Actually, he led them to victory against San Diego where you saw his teammates go from uninterested to dominating when he came onto the field. Against Pittsburgh in the playoffs he was close to perfect, with Denver receivers dropping 7 or 8 passes. Then you can argue that he outplayed Brady in the AFCCG. In the first half, he certainly did. There was no protection in the second half, which continued in the Superbowl in what was statistically the worst offensive line performance in Superbowl history (sacks per pass attempt). 

I will admit, he was better than Brock Osweiler.

marginally

18 hours ago, BOTT said:

Without Manning, they are the '5 seed in 2015....and they dont beat the Patriots without Manning in the AFC title game.

Time does not make this arguement any stronger:worms:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Remember just a few years ago when Gase was the Flavor of the Month? Heck, even Jim Caldwell and Chuck Pagano are rumored to have interviewed for the Green Bay job. Gase will land somewhere. Maybe not an immediate HC job, but he will get there again at some point in the not-too-distant future. 

Pagano will interview with Denver..

...talk is that  Gary Kubiak would be the offensive coordinator

What is being said in Denver and GB is that offenses in the NFL have evolved....(see KC, Bears) using much more motion, shifting and lateral movement and that several teams have not evolved.

....4 teams are looking to interview the KC offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy....

..they want to talk about that offense because, like it or not,  they either have to emulate and adopt it or learn how to defend it..

Edited by oldunclemark

45 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Without Manning, they are the '5 seed in 2015....and they dont beat the Patriots without Manning in the AFC title game.

Time does not make this arguement any stronger:worms:

They beat NE earlier that year with Brock freakin Osweiler....who is a horrible QB.

everybody gets that manning is one is one of the all time greats,  but can we stop acting like he is responsible for everything great that happened in football.

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

They beat NE earlier that year with Brock freakin Osweiler....who is a horrible QB.

everybody gets that manning is one is one of the all time greats,  but can we stop acting like he is responsible for everything great that happened in football.

But your facts are wrong...or simply opinions

They don't beat San Diego without Manning..they were down 7 when he came in.

If they lose, they are the 5th seed and they don't get to the Super Bowl. 

He dominated the first half against NE..It was 14-3 early

Few believe (you may be one) .....they win that game with Brock

Your arguement does not get better with time:dunno:

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But your facts are wrong...or simply opinions

They don't beat San Diego without Manning..they were down 7 when he came in.

If they lose, they are the 5th seed and they don't get to the Super Bowl. 

He dominate the first half against NE..It was 14-3 early

they don't win that game with Brock

Your arguement does not get better with time:dunno:

Saying they wouldn't win if they are a 5th seed is what? Oh, an opinion...

and trent dilfer played well in spot for the Ravens, but I'm doubt you give him the same credit.

manning played well enough to allow a dominating defense to win a championship. Even he has admitted he was basically along for the ride.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Saying they wouldn't win if they are a 5th seed is what? Oh, an opinion...

and trent dilfer played well in spot for the Ravens, but I'm doubt you give him the same credit.

manning played well enough to allow a dominating defense to win a championship. Even he has admitted he was basically along for the ride.

With respect...3 years later...and this was a discussion of coaching changes..

.....you're trolling at this point:scratch:

Just now, oldunclemark said:

You are trying too hard to convince folks 3 years later. That's trolling.  Own it

Oh please, I didn't even bring it up.  If I read something I think is nonsense I will respond.

you just have a history of getting butt hurt over any criticism of #18.

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Oh please, I didn't even bring it up.  If I read something I think is nonsense I will respond.

you just have a history of getting butt hurt over any criticism of #18.

.......on and on and on........3 years now.

You're on an Indy web site bashing Manning to get a response.\

3 years after he's retired.   wow

You MUST do it.  You have to. 

Its fun for you. I get it.

That's the definition of trolling.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

He will be GM in Denver as long as he wants to be..

Played for or GM for 7 'Super' teams, right?

he's a  'made man'

Anyone can improve, but at this point I'd say that's good news for the home team.

He's average, at best.

He did well to pull in Manning and build around him, but outside of that, he's been really underwhelming. He needs to find someone else to evaluate QBs.

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

.....and I think Chuck Pagano is a good coach and Green Bay would be lucky to get hm

I like Chuck. He's a good coach, but hasn't proven it's as a head coach, to date. 

I hope he gets another chance, and has success.