Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Depth

AKB

We need depth on Offense very badly. Outside of Brissett there really isn't a backup on this team I'm comfortable with. We are a single injury away from our offense imploding.  Jack is a prime example.  Frank Gore probably wins that game against Jax. No knock on 25 but he isn't a power back, and neither is Wilkins.  I've noticed that when the opponent has a fast LB corps our RB's lose the advantage. When that happens, most teams get physical, and we can not.  

RB

Bell, Ajayi

WR

Randall Cobb

Kelvin Benjamin

Rishad Mathews 

Cole Beasley

Martavis Bryant

TE

Jesse James

Tyler Kroft

We also need OL depth, but who knows where that will come from. I can't believe how Austin Blythe is playing. 

34 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

We need depth on Offense very badly. Outside of Brissett there really isn't a backup on this team I'm comfortable with. We are a single injury away from our offense imploding.  Jack is a prime example.  Frank Gore probably wins that game against Jax. No knock on 25 but he isn't a power back, and neither is Wilkins.  I've noticed that when the opponent has a fast LB corps our RB's lose the advantage. When that happens, most teams get physical, and we can not.  

RB

Bell, Ajayi

WR

Randall Cobb

Kelvin Benjamin

Rishad Mathews 

Cole Beasley

Martavis Bryant

TE

Jesse James

Tyler Kroft

We also need OL depth, but who knows where that will come from. I can't believe how Austin Blythe is playing. 

Watch Good follow in Blythe's footsteps.  

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

RB

Bell, Ajayi

WR

Randall Cobb

Kelvin Benjamin

Rishad Mathews 

Cole Beasley

Martavis Bryant

TE

Jesse James

Tyler Kroft

I for one was furious when Blythe was cut

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

We have te depth

We have receiving TE depth. No one on this roster can block at TE outside of Doyle. You can argue Hewitt, but he can't receive so...

& Warford injured already?

3 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

RB

Bell, Ajayi

WR

Randall Cobb

Kelvin Benjamin

Rishad Mathews 

Cole Beasley

Martavis Bryant

TE

Jesse James

Tyler Kroft

You bring up valid points, and I share some of the same concerns

I do think that we will need to use one of our top 3 picks on a tackle 

If we bring in a potential starter at RT who could possibly develop into a LT later, we  would have interior depth as well. I dont want to give up on Smith, but am starting to feel his BETTER position would be RG

He was beaten badly the past 2 weeks.

I really dont like the FA market for a difference maker at WR.

We do have Cain coming back and who knows, we may go WR in the draft

I think that there are plenty of aged QBs and some late round development QBs to hold the clipboard. I think that Brissett will have some round two or three value to someone. (I hope)

I trust this front office to do it right........

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

My thoughts exactly.  I seriously doubt CB and his crew do a "well, I was going to do such and such, but now that I've checked the message boards, I'm gonna do what they said."

Of course he don't. If he did we would have better receivers than Rogers & Grant.... A better RB than Mack.... Legitimate corners etc...