Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This game just shows we have some major needs to address

love the shoe

When a team cannot put any points on the board , it just shows you have major needs to address, that is all , I mean I do not like the fact people are saying we miss Doyle , one guy should not make that much difference unless he is a qb in this league .This just shows our team isn't where it needs to be talent wise just yet . I hate saying this but good teams win when they lose players , I am fine where we this team is right now , it is fun being mentioned in the hunt this year , and we still are . If we get knocked out it is still a win win situation for us , we just draft higher , I think we are still two years away from the afc title game and that is ok too, Frank is a rookie also , so I give him some slack , just remember Pagano and that mess when you start complaining about Frank , all is well in Colts land moving forward guys and gals 

• Like 2

The game showed me we can't play sloppy football and expect to win.  We have been putting up all these points because we've executed, we've been balanced and we've been sharp.   It all works in reverse when you're putting up substandard performance like yesterday.  I feel like the Colts looked down on the Jags and didn't take care of the fine details. And it made it even worse having to throw 52 times against that teams secondary which is their strength.  I don't like looking up and seeing Marlon Mack only running the ball 6 or so carries.   What is the reasoning behind that? I feel like we should have done more to establish the running game and play action.  There was no reason for us to be throwing the football 52 times.  The Jags offense wasn't doing a damn thing!  Our defense gave us all the opportunity in the world to win that game.   What our offense was doing I haven't figured out yet.  I'm expecting that we'll be a lot better against Houston.  We have no other alternative from this point!

• Like 1

The Jags defense was ranked #5 going into the game yesterday. They are no slouch so I give more credit to the Jags defense playing hard than thinking our offense is super terrible. We have some playmakers on offense but the Jags have better play makers on defense. It makes sense that we played terrible offensively. Not to mention it's hard to run the football on that team which leaves us one dimensional for the most part. There wasn't much we could really do unless our defense scored some points and probably kick the field goals.

The Jags are very sound on defense and fortunately for us they will have major salary cap issues next year and their defense will be totally different. Our offense needs another #1 receiver to go with Hilton, a couple of lineman for depth, a future Castonzo replacement and of course a great running back. Defensive side two players in the front seven and a shutdown corner. If Ballard can hit on another strong draft and pick up some playmaking free agents, pencil us in for a deep run in the playoffs.