Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Thielen

chad72

This dude has to be the most underpaid WR in the NFL. If I am him, I do not set foot on the field next year without a contract extension. The GM and owner should be pro-active on that front, IMO, in the off season at the very least. It would be one thing if I am paid about 70% of what WRs are currently paid, that happens all the time when the salary cap goes up and the next contract sets new highs. This dude is not even paid 40% of what the top WRs are paid, that is a HUGE disparity.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/02/suddenly-underpaid-adam-thielen-not-thinking-contract-thats-why-i-have-an-agent-vikings-receiver-says/

His story is a great story:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/10/8/17950820/adam-thielen-vikings-d2-scholarship-roster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This dude has to be the most underpaid WR in the NFL. If I am him, I do not set foot on the field next year without a contract extension. The GM and owner should be pro-active on that front, IMO, in the off season at the very least. It would be one thing if I am paid about 70% of what WRs are currently paid, that happens all the time when the salary cap goes up and the next contract sets new highs. This dude is not even paid 40% of what the top WRs are paid, that is a HUGE disparity.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/02/suddenly-underpaid-adam-thielen-not-thinking-contract-thats-why-i-have-an-agent-vikings-receiver-says/

His story is a great story:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/10/8/17950820/adam-thielen-vikings-d2-scholarship-roster

He reminds me a lot of Demaryius Thomas, sneaky fast in and out of his breaks, strong runner, strong hands and deceptive speed.

He was definitely a good find for the Vikings and good eye by the coaches to let him develop.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He reminds me a lot of Demaryius Thomas, sneaky fast in and out of his breaks, strong runner, strong hands and deceptive speed.

He was definitely a good find for the Vikings and good eye by the coaches to let him develop.

DT looks much bigger than Thielen, at least 20 lbs bigger but yes, both are sneaky fast in and out of their breaks, that part I can see. To me, his body type and body control does look more like his idol Cris Carter that he modeled his game after. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Before 2016, Adam played mostly special teams and had limited snaps at WR. He signed his contract extension before he broke out in 2017. He is playing even better this year and deserves to be paid like a top WR, but he is under contract. I can't see Adam refusing to report to camp if the team does not pay him what we all think he deserves.  He is home-grown, from MN, undrafted, and grew up a Vikings fan. The Vikings were the only team to give him a chance.

We are happy to have him on our team. His story in the Players Tribune is a great read:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/adam-thielen-vikings

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Before 2016, Adam played mostly special teams and had limited snaps at WR. He signed his contract extension before he broke out in 2017. He is playing even better this year and deserves to be paid like a top WR, but he is under contract. I can't see Adam refusing to report to camp if the team does not pay him what we all think he deserves.  He is home-grown, from MN, undrafted, and grew up a Vikings fan. The Vikings were the only team to give him a chance.

We are happy to have him on our team. His story in the Players Tribune is a great read:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/adam-thielen-vikings

That doesn't mean that if someone has outplayed his contract for 2 years in a row, he can't sign another extension. You may be right that he is not the kind of guy that will not report to camp but I can bet his agent will be itching for an extension at the end of this year. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

That doesn't mean that if someone has outplayed his contract for 2 years in a row, he can't sign another extension. You may be right that he is not the kind of guy that will not report to camp but I can bet his agent will be itching for an extension at the end of this year. 

Oh sure. Hopefully we can do it. We all want Adam to remain a Viking. With Everson Griffen's situation, we may free up some money if Everson does not come back. Otherwise, we may not have the cap space. And we still have Anthony Barr to re-sign.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oh sure. Hopefully we can do it. We all want Adam to remain a Viking. With Everson Griffen's situation, we may free up some money if Everson does not come back. Otherwise, we may not have the cap space. And we still have Anthony Barr to re-sign.

I feel it might be better for you to trade one of them - Griffen or Barr, especially if you feel you can draft their replacement while getting something in return. The current draft is loaded with DL especially.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I feel it might be better for you to trade one of them - Griffen or Barr, especially if you feel you can draft their replacement while getting something in return. The current draft is loaded with DL especially.

With his recent mental health issues that got him admitted to a hospital for treatment, I don't believe any team would trade for Griffen. In fact, I worry that he won't play again in the NFL. I hope I am wrong.

Barr is a free agent after this year (on the 5th year option). It is looking likely that he won't re-sign with us. We usually re-sign players before they become free agents. 

Yeah, we will probably be drafting DL.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

So he fumbles and doesn't have a catch the rest of game hot dang. 

:nose:Lol.  :loco:  

Adam had at least two catches in the 2nd half, bringing him over 100 yards for the 8th straight game.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 4:29 PM, NFLfan said:

With his recent mental health issues that got him admitted to a hospital for treatment, I don't believe any team would trade for Griffen. In fact, I worry that he won't play again in the NFL. I hope I am wrong.

Barr is a free agent after this year (on the 5th year option). It is looking likely that he won't re-sign with us. We usually re-sign players before they become free agents. 

Yeah, we will probably be drafting DL.

We will gladly take barr from you guys!! 

• 5 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, chad72 said:

This dude has to be the most underpaid WR in the NFL. If I am him, I do not set foot on the field next year without a contract extension. The GM and owner should be pro-active on that front, 

Thielen signed a 4-year extension worth $64 million.  

Link: Adam Thielen Signs Extension

"One of the Minnesota Vikings greatest success stories is staying with his hometown team"

• Like 4