Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

90 Man Roster

TKnight24

Here’s what the Colts call a refresher. A position by position breakdown of the current roster. 

15 offensive linemen, I expect they’ll carry about 10

13 wide receivers, I expect 5-6 to be on the final roster 

15 defensive linemen, Reich preached about rushing the passer in “waves”. So could they keep 10? That’s the position I’m most interested in heading into TC and the 53 man cut down

Also, this roster turnover/overhaul is insane. So many names and faces I have to learn. Won’t worry about learning jersey numbers really until the final cuts happen

:coltslogo:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Here’s what the Colts call a refresher. A position by position breakdown of the current roster. 

15 offensive linemen, I expect they’ll carry about 10

13 wide receivers, I expect 5-6 to be on the final roster 

15 defensive linemen, Reich preached about rushing the passer in “waves”. So could they keep 10? That’s the position I’m most interested in heading into TC and the 53 man cut down

Also, this roster turnover/overhaul is insane. So many names and faces I have to learn. Won’t worry about learning jersey numbers really until the final cuts happen

:coltslogo:

Couldn't agree more with that last statement. Not sure I ever remember a training camp like this one will be. With very few exceptions, every spot on the roster seems like it is "up for grabs."

1 hour ago, Hark said:

Couldn't agree more with that last statement. Not sure I ever remember a training camp like this one will be. With very few exceptions, every spot on the roster seems like it is "up for grabs."

Exactly. I’m not usually one to really watch preseason so to speak but this year I’m thinking I’ll be watching all 4 games. So much depth here on this team and new faces 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Exactly. I’m not usually one to really watch preseason so to speak but this year I’m thinking I’ll be watching all 4 games. So much depth here on this team and new faces 

Reich has already gone on record saying they’re not showing anything in the preseason games, so we may not get a true feel for who’s doing well by watching the games.   At least we should have QBs who don’t stink this time.  

The Dline and LBs are going to be interesting to see who emerges.  Assuming health, the 3-5/6 WR spots are going to be wide open.  I’m not betting that Grant makes the team, except he’s one of the few with experience.  

Cant wait!

I would not be surprised if we keep more than 10 DL. Sheard, Basham, Turay, Simon, McCain, Autry, Lewis, Woods, ridgeway, Laulile, Stewart, and Hunt are the ones I see making the roster. 5 DTs, 5 DEs, and 2 hybrids. The hard part is getting them all playing time. McCain depending on his legal investigation could be off.

Are there any of these you think won’t make it? 

14 minutes ago, strt182 said:

is that with father time factored in or without ? probably makes a pretty big difference one way or the other.

Not sure. Just would image it’s all ages added up and find the average 

And then the number will again change once the cutdown to 53 happens 

4 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I would not be surprised if we keep more than 10 DL. Sheard, Basham, Turay, Simon, McCain, Autry, Lewis, Woods, ridgeway, Laulile, Stewart, and Hunt are the ones I see making the roster. 5 DTs, 5 DEs, and 2 hybrids. The hard part is getting them all playing time. McCain depending on his legal investigation could be off.

Are there any of these you think won’t make it? 

That’s a lot of DL to keep. 53 man roster and 10 are DL? 

6 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

That’s a lot of DL to keep. 53 man roster and 10 are DL? 

Who do you think is getting cut? From the DEs Simon and McCain are the only ones that can be cut, but it’s hard to see them getting cut. The others are locks. From the DTs maybe Hunt and Stewart are possible cuts. Laulile I think has too high of a ceiling to get cut but it’s possible 

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Who do you think is getting cut? From the DEs Simon and McCain are the only ones that can be cut, but it’s hard to see them getting cut. The others are locks. From the DTs maybe Hunt and Stewart are possible cuts. Laulile I think has too high of a ceiling to get cut but it’s possible 

They won't keep 12 DL for certain, no way one position group is 1/4 of your roster.  10? maybe......  I see nine.  Sheard, Basham, Turay, Simon, Autry, Ridgeway, Woods, Stewart, Lewis.  Laulile to the PS more likely than roster.

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Simon may get traded. Not sure how he’d fair as a DE. If I’m Ballard I’d call KC Chiefs about shipping simon there since they run 3-4 and Ballard is cool with them 

On 6/26/2018 at 8:28 PM, TKnight24 said:

Without averaging Vinnie in the age drops another year to 23.6