Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All-Right Andrew, Its Your Team Now

tfunky14

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll probably have that. So are you going to breast-feed him for the next 5 years?

I think it is certainly reasonable to give him a year to learn the NFL, but you can't compare his situation to PM's. Fans have high expectations, if he's unable to peform like "the best prospect since Elway" then fans have a right to voice that opinion. It would be wrong to hate on him just for replacing manning, but we have every right to ride him based on performance. How can you call that childish?

Exactly. I'm going to say it now I'm one of those child's who blankie got snatched and will not be very supportive his 1st yr, however I like all Colts fan will adjust and stand behind Luck in the future,but this 1st year I hate him for no other reason than he's replacing Peyton. With that said regardless of how the fan base receive's him he's got a ton of pressure on him anyway just because Manning is not retiring he's leaving. It would be easier to sallow if Peyton couldn't play anymore

Exactly. I'm going to say it now I'm one of those child's who blankie got snatched and will not be very supportive his 1st yr, however I like all Colts fan will adjust and stand behind Luck in the future,but this 1st year I hate him for no other reason than he's replacing Peyton. With that said regardless of how the fan base receive's him he's got a ton of pressure on him anyway just because Manning is not retiring he's leaving. It would be easier to sallow if Peyton couldn't play anymore

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate, but I do have high expectations if your cutting a PM who can still play for a RC. I don't think people should hate Luck if he sucks, they should ask that our owner never make a football decision again.

It doesn't matter on Peyton's performance. Andrew is suppose to be better than Peyton coming out of college. It took Peyton one year for him to grasp the NFL. Why should Andrew get any longer if he is better?

So it doesn't matter about Peytons performance?!?!!?

It took Peyton 6 seasons to win a single playoff game. 9 seasons to win a Super Bowl.

You gonna allow that amount of time to Luck as well?

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate, but I do have high expectations if your cutting a PM who can still play for a RC. I don't think people should hate Luck if he sucks, they should ask that our owner never make a football decision again.

Jim Irsay's first decision may be the worst in NFL history. He has never had to make one, that is why we had Bill Polian.

The point of being owner is making those decision and like any child I can hate whoever I want, I understand your being a voice of reason but today is not the day any Manning fans want to hear reason. And because he's replacing Manning is exactly why you should hate him if he sucks, I mean think about it we're losing the bad end of Manning's career for so rookie who didn't pan out, a mistake this big could set the franchise back to the pre-Manning era. Because the house that Peyton built will no longer be packed if we're seeing a team that win no more than 7-8 games a year, it's like tossing the Texans the keys to the division and saying we don't want it anymore

turning to sarcasim, nice

What I wrote: It's not Luck's fault Manning is gone, don't blame him.

What you read: I want to breastfeed that 21 year old man.

Why on earth should I take the time to respond to anything you have to say seriously?

It took Peyton 6 seasons to win a single playoff game. 9 seasons to win a Super Bowl.

Peyton won Rookie of the year - pressure on an individual level starts year one!

Peyton could've won more superbowls with a real defense backing him up.

Luck is replacing Peyton, Peyton replaced.........NOBODY- you can't have the same expectations

NNNNNOOOOOO Peyton wasn't replacing anybody and had so-so teams around him and still was expected to win a superbowl in the early years, Luck has it worse than Peyton did because the GOAT is who he will be compared to for as long as he wears the horseshoe in good times and especially in bad

It didn't take Peyton 6 seasons. It took the Colts 6 seasons to win in the playoffs. A QB is simply only part of a team.

The point of being owner is making those decision and like any child I can hate whoever I want, I understand your being a voice of reason but today is not the day any Manning fans want to hear reason. And because he's replacing Manning is exactly why you should hate him if he sucks, I mean think about it we're losing the bad end of Manning's career for so rookie who didn't pan out, a mistake this big could set the franchise back to the pre-Manning era. Because the house that Peyton built will no longer be packed if we're seeing a team that win no more than 7-8 games a year, it's like tossing the Texans the keys to the division and saying we don't want it anymore

dude, i'm ticked off myself. Luck better be good or the Colts will be in LA in the future

Wow....as time passes, people surely forget. Peyton had no one around him his first years?!

This hate has got to stop. You 'fans' are looking for reasons to dismiss someone who isn't even on your team yet, and will likely be leading them for at least the next 5 years, all while raising the pedistal for the previous QB higher and higher in order to justify your stance. This is absurd.

What I wrote: It's not Luck's fault Manning is gone, don't blame him.

What you read: I want to breastfeed that 21 year old man.

Why on earth should I take the time to respond to anything you have to say seriously?

You chose to read only the beginning, let me re-quote myself:

"I think it is certainly reasonable to give him a year to learn the NFL, but you can't compare his situation to PM's. Fans have high expectations, if he's unable to peform like "the best prospect since Elway" then fans have a right to voice that opinion. It would be wrong to hate on him just for replacing manning, but we have every right to ride him based on performance. How can you call that childish?"

Plus, breast-feeding is a analogy

It didn't take Peyton 6 seasons. It took the Colts 6 seasons to win in the playoffs. A QB is simply only part of a team.

So what is it your expecting Luck to do again!? Throw for 4k yards (takes a team) Throw for 49TDs (takes a team), we can play this game all day.

Wow....as time passes, people surely forget. Peyton had no one around him his first years?!

This hate has got to stop. You 'fans' are looking for reasons to dismiss someone who isn't even on your team yet, and will likely be leading them for at least the next 5 years, all while raising the pedistal for the previous QB higher and higher in order to justify your stance. This is absurd.

your idealist attitude is nice and kind to Luck

but our realist attitude is the truth, he will have high expecations to perform and he should.

Luck supports state he's the best prospect since Elway. that line alone makes him have higher expectations than a normal #1 overall pick!

You chose to read only the beginning, let me re-quote myself:

"I think it is certainly reasonable to give him a year to learn the NFL, but you can't compare his situation to PM's. Fans have high expectations, if he's unable to peform like "the best prospect since Elway" then fans have a right to voice that opinion. It would be wrong to hate on him just for replacing manning, but we have every right to ride him based on performance. How can you call that childish?"

Plus, breast-feeding is a analogy

and what performance, in your mind, is acceptable?

All of the pressure is on Pagano, Grigson and Irsay not Luck.

No because Luck is the only one who can be compared to Peyton, The HC will get 2-3 years but new GM's always get 3-4, and Irsay its his team we are stuck with him regardless. But the pressure on Luck truly starts after the 1st year because that's how long it took Peyton, I mean seriously you might as well pull out a chart of Manning's individual accomplishment because if Luck can cross off a few of them that he will be labeled a failure in the eyes of the fans

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - somewhat inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - somewhat inflammatory

are you talking about your tuna helper you just made?

i took the time to quote your garbage. keep spewing it, we are all getting a good laugh.

define that for me. In your eyes.

I'll fax it over to Luck.

too late, I face-timed already.

what a joke, you can protect your baby all you want. but if he isn't great, then you will be eating crow

I've never said he won't be great, I just said I think trading him and giving manning more time was a better option.

Hey stop with the reasoning your just being ignored my suggestion to you will probably be to take a few days off of the forum or get use to it because we are going to hate him right now regardless of what you say

Jim Irsay's first decision may be the worst in NFL history. He has never had to make one, that is why we had Bill Polian.

umm didn't Irsay have to make the decision to fire Polian?

Of course for this to be his first decision not only do you have to ignore that but you have to ignore him hiring and firing Tobin, Infante, and countless other personal moves he made when he was the GM of the team.

too late, I face-timed already.

what a joke, you can protect your baby all you want. but if he isn't great, then you will be eating crow

I've never said he won't be great, I just said I think trading him and giving manning more time was a better option.

My baby? How dare I support our future QB.....

Your the one who cant clarify his own stance. I'll wait for your specifications on what Luck has to do to earn the respect on the legendary PortageColtsFan.