Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Projected Colts Starters

CR91

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Dunno, he's a more natural fit at DE than Simon and has a bigger contract. I'm sure it'll play itself out. With this new wave system of D-Linemen who starts may just be semantics

not saying it cant happened. Id be surprised if it did though. Simon was one of the only bright spots of our defense last year.

46 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hes played both inside and out. 

Tyquan played inside in less than 1% of his snaps at OSU. The commentators blew that way out of proportion. I follow the Buckeyes, I've been a fan a LONG time, I highly doubt you see him inside here much, if at all. We've had absolute studs on that OSU DL that could get after the QB. Fickell and now Schiano RARELY, maybe a handful of times a year, ran a small interior sub-package. Outside of an absolutely rare occasion should Tyquan EVER been playing inside on the Colts DL. 

52 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

We're forgetting about Denico Autry as well. He got a pretty decent contract. He may be in the mix to start at DE.

Simon's contract is pretty close to the same. Autry could get starts on early downs as a run defender due to his size, but I don't think he's better than Simon overall. I'd bet that Sheard and Simon hold down the end spots throughout the season.

11 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Mewhort could also get kicked out to RT with Smith being plugged in at RG. That seems like the best way to get your best lineman on the field.

That experiment failed miserably in 2015. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think its early to even be projecting. There's still going to be new people brought in and people let go probably all the way up to camp and preseason.

For depth sure, but not likely anyone that will be starting

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Tyquan played inside in less than 1% of his snaps at OSU. The commentators blew that way out of proportion. I follow the Buckeyes, I've been a fan a LONG time, I highly doubt you see him inside here much, if at all. We've had absolute studs on that OSU DL that could get after the QB. Fickell and now Schiano RARELY, maybe a handful of times a year, ran a small interior sub-package. Outside of an absolutely rare occasion should Tyquan EVER been playing inside on the Colts DL. 

Haven't watched much film on the guy, but I do think the idea is to have him rush inside as well. Most of our DEs are 250-260. He's 270 so he's a little bigger which tells me the colts might have add another 10 pounds so he can rush inside. He isn't really a nature pass rusher with any pass rush moves besides power

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Haven't watched much film on the guy, but I do think the idea is to have him rush inside as well. Most of our DEs are 250-260. He's 270 so he's a little bigger which tells me the colts might have add another 10 pounds so he can rush inside. He isn't really a nature pass rusher with any pass rush moves besides power

And that’s about the weight CB wanted Anderson at before we traded him. I think Autry and Lewis were not brought in to be DEs but to rotate in on the interior on passing downs. This makes sense why CB reached for 2 DEs with different attributes in the 2nd.