Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TJ Green released? (Speculation)

TKnight24

57 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Healthy Andrew Luck it’s definitely not a rebuild just a reload. Too talented of a QB for it to be a rebuild. I believe his best days are ahead and with him it’s at least 6 wins guaranteed each year. 

I won’t put him on Peyton Manning’s level just yet with the 9+ wins guaranteed every season but he definitely can get there 

When you add the fact we have a whole new coaching staff IMO it is a rebuild.

It is apparent Ballard is cutting the players he don't think will fit his system and is not signing any high dollar free agents.

I think he is doing exactly what Irsay hired him to do. Build the team for the future, not this year.

15 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Please make this Green experiment end. 

I think he's going to have to do something in camp this year.  

They might not let him go quite yet, but I think he's far from guaranteed a spot in the 53 man roster.  

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think he's going to have to do something in camp this year.  

They might not let him go quite yet, but I think he's far from guaranteed a spot in the 53 man roster.  

Camp body at best. His biggest fan 'Pagano' is gone so his days are numbered.

If the light finally comes on then he could be a good player with his speed

and physicality but he just doesn't have much of a clue of what is going on

during game time unfortunately.

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Camp body at best. His biggest fan 'Pagano' is gone so his days are numbered.

If the light finally comes on then he could be a good player with his speed

and physicality but he just doesn't have much of a clue of what is going on

during game time unfortunately.

That is what coaches and experience is for.

Calling any player a camp body is an over used insult.

In reality all 90 players in camp can be called camp bodies. There will also players who will get cut in camp and sign with other teams. A few of them will contribute too.

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

40-50lbs?  He could add 20-25 and make the switch Smith Evans Jewell Jefferson etc all check in around 235lbs. D Leonard only weighed 213lbs. His weight isn't the biggest issue with a move to LB it's tackling. That's kind of an important skill for LB's 

True I forgot about his tackling.  I’m really hoping that it’s a matter of coaching.

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is what coaches and experience is for.

Calling any player a camp body is an over used insult.

In reality all 90 players in camp can be called camp bodies. There will also players who will get cut in camp and sign with other teams. A few of them will contribute too.

If Ballard can't find a serviceable replacement for Green then I will 

gladly eat crow and ask for a 2nd helping. It appears he doesn't have the 'IT'

factor for the NFL, such as instincts and football IQ to play in the big league.

If he puts it all together then he could be a NFL caliber safety, but I have

severe doubts at this point with what he has displayed on the field 

thus far.

5 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

If Ballard can't find a serviceable replacement for Green then I will 

gladly eat crow and ask for a 2nd helping. It appears he doesn't have the 'IT'

factor for the NFL, such as instincts and football IQ to play in the big league.

If he puts it all together then he could be a NFL caliber safety, but I have

severe doubts at this point with what he has displayed on the field 

thus far.

That's the point. He hasn't been on the field all that much.

As far as the "it" factor his draft profile status says different.

34 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Theres one in every crowd.

thanks TJ.

i almost went back and inserted "couple", but i thought...."they get the picture"

All I am saying is with a 90 man camp roster there is no legit reason to cut TJ. He only had one year at starting the safety position in college. It stands to reason he is not going to be as developed as a player who played that position 3 or 4 years in college. That's pretty impressive for any safety just starting 1 year.

Who knows?  He had a great year his 1st year of being a starter. 95 tackles, 5.5 for losses, 3 passes defended and forced 2 fumbles. That was on an undefeated team.

He really hasn't had very much time on the field getting experience with the Colts.

Give the kid a break, he is only 23 years old. It's sure not unusual for a starting safety in the NFL to take 2 or 3 years to become a starting safety. It's one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL.  

On 3/18/2018 at 10:10 PM, dodsworth said:

Please make this Green experiment end. 

Yeah I’m so over the guy who always seems to have so much potential at another position. This season, the fans seem to think LB is the answer. Last year it was CB. 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah I’m so over the guy who always seems to have so much potential at another position. This season, the fans seem to think LB is the answer. Last year it was CB. 

Every GM in the NFL will have that "potential" guy on their roster. It's always been that way and it's not about to change.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Every GM in the NFL will have that "potential" guy on their roster. It's always been that way and it's not about to change.

But it’s usually not a guy who fails at multiple positions. Usually you get 1 chance. Mark Barron failed as a safety but redeemed his career as a LB, but on another team. Pryor failed as a QB, but had success at WR, but once again, on a different team. The Colts have spent too much time on him as is, waiting for a miracle. It’s time to move on.

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

But it’s usually not a guy who fails at multiple positions. Usually you get 1 chance. Mark Barron failed as a safety but redeemed his career as a LB, but on another team. Pryor failed as a QB, but had success at WR, but once again, on a different team. The Colts have spent too much time on him as is, waiting for a miracle. It’s time to move on.

Well why let him go to another team just to develop into a player when he is here on a very inexpensive contract?

Please read my comment made to WoolMagnet.

One player out of 90 ? Really?

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I suppose that is what you said about Doyle as well?

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

Apple's and oranges. Learning a playbook is a different animal than reading what

opposing offenses are going to do every play. 

I was referring to the attitude of not letting a "potential" player the time to develop. That's all, no more.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well why let him go to another team just to develop into a player when he is here on a very inexpensive contract?

Please read my comment made to WoolMagnet.

One player out of 90 ? Really?

There’s no guarantee he’ll develop into a good player. Plus, you don’t keep bad football players on the roster. Doesn’t matter if their on a cheap contract. You can get a late round pick or UDFA just as cheap or cheaper, but with better upside.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I suppose that is what you said about Doyle as well?

Doyle didn’t fail at multiple positions though. Which is my whole point. It’s one thing to have Raw guys who need coaching up on the roster. It’s another to have a guy like Green who going back to college, has failed at WR, safety, and now CB. I don’t care if he’s 6’3 and ran a 4.3, if he can’t play. That’s practice squad type stuff.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

There’s no guarantee he’ll develop into a good player. Plus, you don’t keep bad football players on the roster. Doesn’t matter if their on a cheap contract. You can get a late round pick or UDFA just as cheap or cheaper, but with better upside.

Doyle didn’t fail at multiple positions though. Which is my whole point. It’s one thing to have Raw guys who need coaching up on the roster. It’s another to have a guy like Green who going back to college, has failed at WR, safety, and now CB. I don’t care if he’s 6’3 and ran a 4.3, if he can’t play. That’s practice squad type stuff.

For one thing he didn't fail at WR. That was a move made by the coach of Clemson.

He hasn't been in any one position long enough to fail at anything.

I am sorry if you think any player who hasn't had the experience it takes to develop needs cut.

Well we will see if Ballard feels the same way.

With all the problems this team has you make a big deal out of Green?  1 player out of a 90 man roster?  Really?