Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Have To Have A Base Before You Have A Team

Shadow_Creek

Everyone knows you can't have a Drum without a drum stand. Or a Apple without an Apple tree, or a star without a sky to look at it. Everything has a base and that is what CB is trying to bring here. Now yes it will take some time, patience, and quote on quote Home Run Hits in the draft, but at the end of the day we should be just fine. While many of you believe this season will be a flop, i see this season as the season that should have happen last year but never did. Regardless of the outcome however this season is going to be exciting because it's football time again and i'd rather be watching some Colts football than playing with my thumbs till the next season. So as a colts Nation lets get ready for the Draft, Preseason and the 90 man cuts which could give us some possible Gems. Go Colts!!!:rock:

6 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Everyone knows you can't have a Drum without a drum stand. Or a Apple without an Apple tree, or a star without a sky to look at it. Everything has a base and that is what CB is trying to bring here. Now yes it will take some time, patience, and quote on quote Home Run Hits in the draft, but at the end of the day we should be just fine. While many of you believe this season will be a flop, i see this season as the season that should have happen last year but never did. Regardless of the outcome however this season is going to be exciting because it's football time again and i'd rather be watching some Colts football than playing with my thumbs till the next season. So as a colts Nation lets get ready for the Draft, Preseason and the 90 man cuts which could give us some possible Gems. Go Colts!!!:rock:

"and the 90 man cuts which  could give us some possible Gems"----this is what's wrong with CB because this is about what he is doing gutting our team of most of the good players and we will have to fill our team with "cuts from other teams"

I am officially off the CB bandwagon

1 minute ago, reidaj1812 said:

"and the 90 man cuts which  could give us some possible Gems"----this is what's wrong with CB because this is about what he is doing gutting our team of most of the good players and we will have to fill our team with "cuts from other teams"

Not sure what your talking about the only question mark move CB made was letting melvin walk. But even then Melvin's getting up there in age. Plus Hankins probably felt more suited for the 3-4 after last year so he may have requested to leave. Can't really Blame CB for trying to turn this team into a winner.

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

Not sure what your talking about the only question mark move CB made was letting melvin walk. But even then Melvin's getting up there in age. Plus Hankins probably felt more suited for the 3-4 after last year so he may have requested to leave. Can't really Blame CB for trying to turn this team into a winner.

not bringing Melvin back created another problem where there was not one, same as with Hankins (he could have played well enough in a 4/3)--not keeping Mingo (who showed promise at edge)

we will not get any game changing edge in the draft especially after trading back. the line was not helped which should of been #1 priority after Luck's injure (money was no problem) so what if we over pay and keep our qb healthy

Just now, DarkSuperman said:

We've all been patient since the horrific 2-14 season we had back in 2011.

Exactly and it's a shame that grigs kept us in this Nightmare by not helping luck or the defense grow in anyway. which is why CB is trying to clean up the mess.:argh:

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Exactly and it's a shame that grigs kept us in this Nightmare by not helping luck or the defense grow in anyway. which is why CB is trying to clean up the mess.:argh:

I just don't like his pace so far. I wonder what Luck REALLY thinks at this point heading into year number SEVEN on a team with a 3 to 4 yr plan and a pitiful o-line. His qb draft class of 2012 has had SB success already. Wilson almost won back to back SBs. Nick Foles has won one, Cousins has an EXCELLENT shot at getting to a SB with the Vikings and Case Keenum has a good shot with the Broncos. That's not even counting all the young qbs that came AFTER Luck with a shot like... 

Dak in Dallas, Wentz in Philly, Goff with the Rams, Jimmy G with the Niners, Carr with the Raiders, Mariota with the Titans, Mahomes in KC, Watson in Houston and even Bortes in Jacksonville. The sad part when healthy Luck is better than all of them.  

If I'm Andrew Luck, I'm not very happy about the goings-on. Ballard better build the best offensive line in football to protect #12 and have secret service on the sidelines, just to be sure. 

Ballard is really in a high pressure situation to perform in this draft.

12 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I just don't like his pace so far. I wonder what Luck REALLY thinks at this point heading into year number SEVEN on a team with a 3 to 4 yr plan. His qb draft class of 2012 has had SB success already. Wilson almost won back to back SBs. Nick Foles has won one, Cousins has an EXCELLENT shot at getting to a SB with the Vikings and Case Keenum has a good shot with the Broncos. That's not even counting all the young qbs that came AFTER Luck with a shot like... 

Dak in Dallas, Wentz in Philly, Goff with the Rams, Jimmy G with the Niners, Carr with the Raiders, Mariota with the Titans, Mahomes in KC, Watson in Houston and even Bortes in Jacksonville. The sad part when healthy Luck is better than all of them.  

i think your swimming too much in the weeds my friend. The only thought going through Lucks mind is throwing the football in a game again. I mean missing a whole season with a injured shoulder, listening to the crazy media! yea playoffs and Superbowl will eventually come but Luck isn't thinking all the other stuff right now.

5 hours ago, reidaj1812 said:

Well....bye.

The doom and gloom sky is falling crowd is going strong.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet we are rebuilding. Ballard is cutting bait on the ones he don't want and moving on.

We have a whole new coaching staff and still don't know how that is going to turn out...

Now you are worried about not signing some high dollar free agents? Really? Like that is going to make some sort of difference?

Why is this a surprise to you guys? Ballard is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. And he is also not doing exactly what he said he wasn't going to do.

There is only one way to build a lasting winning team. From the ground up. Signing some high dollar free agent band aids is a waist of time.

i posted this in another thread the other day, but think it fits here better....

We might look worse in March, I’ll judge a little closer in August and September. 

Its still so early when your in the beginning of a big build, it’s like building anything. Like a house, you have to have a footing (foundation) before you build the frame, most are already worried about the roof. lol

he just got a new wife (Reich) he changed some of the floor plan. 

CB said no big deal, I’ll fix it! 

Its still so early, I’m just intrigued to see his next move... 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

It’s hard to have a team without a QB. 

It’s hard to have a QB when your line is constantly letting him get beat to pieces. 

It’s hard to tell which came first, the chicken or the egg. 

Yep. the Colts are in that position unfortunately.

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

It’s hard to have a team without a QB. 

It’s hard to have a QB when your line is constantly letting him get beat to pieces. 

It’s hard to tell which came first, the chicken or the egg. 

so the other day I reading where there was a costume, at the party there was someone dressed up as a chicken, and someone dressed up as an egg, they ended up hooking up. to my understanding the chicken came 1st... lol

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yep. the Colts are in that position unfortunately.

I’m not mad we didn’t go out and blow wads of cash on every good free agent. 

I’m *, beyond *, honestly, that we are getting our injured franchise QB back after a year and a half and we’re going to let him get behind a line that allowed a disgraceful amount of sacks last season, and got the QB filling in for ours hurt in the process. Now obviously all of those sacks weren’t on them, but the majority were. 

I think it’s a bit silly to try and rebuild to draft with a huge cap space, and Andrew Luck entering the second half of his career, but hey, that’s not my choice, it’s not my years and money wasted. 

But the whole concept is a moot point when Andrew Luck either 1) gets tired of it and decides he’d like a chance to play somewhere else, or 2) gets killed just trying not to get killed dropping back to pass. Once that piece has been jarred free we’re really right back to square 1. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m not mad we didn’t go out and blow wads of cash on every good free agent. 

I’m *, beyond *, honestly, that we are getting our injured franchise QB back after a year and a half and we’re going to let him get behind a line that allowed a disgraceful amount of sacks last season, and got the QB filling in for ours hurt in the process. Now obviously all of those sacks weren’t on them, but the majority were. 

I think it’s a bit silly to try and rebuild to draft with a huge cap space, and Andrew Luck entering the second half of his career, but hey, that’s not my choice, it’s not my years and money wasted. 

But the whole concept is a moot point when Andrew Luck either 1) gets tired of it and decides he’d like a chance to play somewhere else, or 2) gets killed just trying not to get killed dropping back to pass. Once that piece has been jarred free we’re really right back to square 1. 

If you remember most all the sacks supposedly came from bad coach scheming from a whole bunch in this forum.

It was all because Pagano couldn't make any adjustments. It was also the QBs who held the ball too long.

All the excuses in the world were made except bad players. Now all of a sudden that thought process has turned around?

I am with you on being worried about how Luck is going to get protected in the pocket but Ballard has said numerous times it's not about one player. It seems he is sticking to his statement.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you remember most all the sacks supposedly came from bad coach scheming from a whole bunch in this forum.

It was all because Pagano couldn't make any adjustments. It was also the QBs who held the ball too long.

All the excuses in the world were made except bad players. Now all of a sudden that thought process has turned around?

I am with you on being worried about how Luck is going to get protected in the pocket but Ballard has said numerous times it's not about one player. It seems he is sticking to his statement.

I mean, it’s not entirely about one player, but don’t devalue to QB spot, either. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I mean, it’s not entirely about one player, but don’t devalue to QB spot, either. 

Oh, I am not doing that. I really don't think Ballard is either but all we can do is wait and see.

Just maybe he has more faith in the linemen on this roster than most do?

I am also sure Irsay is very concerned as well.