Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It has to be almost impossible to beat the Patriots and the Refs. Best duo in American History

PureGold

Imagine if someone started a thread to highlight just haw badly the Jags got shafted when Ramsey was called for a personal foul for hitting L.Bell out of bounds on Sunday...

Fact is, jags ended up winning anyways and it was NOT the Pats who benefitted.  THATS why no one really cares about the horrible officiating in the Jax/Pitt game....

For those not familiar with the poor call, check it out....

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/Bolt/Jacksonville-Jaguars-Jalen-Ramsey-pushed-into-Pittsburgh-Steelers-LeVeon-Bell-penalized-113701737

What you need is a computer system in place that reviews the flags, and reviews, and determines if the ref screwed the call up. Then put all of together over the course of the year. If you sucked that bad then bye bye. Refs need to score a certain score to remain employed. 

That is the only way I can see that would effectively stop refs from taking under the table offers. And to act like this doesn't happen is like acting like people aren't effected by greed. Talk about naive.  

Its either build a computer program, or eliminate 90% of the rule book, like the old days. Let them play! 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, Reality Check said:

First & foremost, Everyone's opinion is to be respected IMO.

The fact is that there is overwhelming facts & evidence that the NFL (who manages & pays officials) has NO interest in seeing the Patriots continue to win. If this were all about "what the NFL wants", wouldn't we be watching Steelers vs. Patriots on Sunday?  Imagine the ratings?!?!

Here are a few recent facts which highlight my point:

- Patriots have had 2 first rd. picks taken from them BY THE NFL

- Patriots were fined $1million BY THE NFL

- $15million+ spent BY THE NFL to sit Brady down for 4 games

- 5 of 6 road games in Nov/Dec scheduled BY THE NFL (any other teams get this?)

- back-to-back high altitude games (Denver & Mexico City) scheduled BY THE NFL

- Where was the biased officiating when the Pats went 2-2 to start the season & surrendered 30+ pts in 3 of those games? Did you see the opener (vs KC) on National TV?  How BAD was the officiating that night?

There is also a decent chance that the Patriots will be the first team to have to play a SB on their opponents home field in a few weeks.  I can only imagine the outcry if the NFC champion had to go to Gillette stadium for the SB?...

Reality is that the NFL's ratings are suffering, in some part, due to the Patriot's long-running success.  2 years ago, it was "deflated footballs". Now, the flavor of the day for those who despise the Patriots is "officiating".  Just like deflategate, a few minutes of rational thought would lead an objective fan to realize these things make little/no sense from a business perspective.

Conclusion: The facts say there is no NFL/officiating conspiracy to help the Patriots win.

I hope this helps fans enjoy the NFL a bit more as the season draws to a close. Just trying to help everyone cope with this "difficult" time in NFL history by rationalizing things with facts... :)

Given the game & officiating we witnessed on Sunday, is there ANYONE out there who still believes that the Patriots have the NFL (& it's officials) in their back pocket?  Instead, I think/hope that we all realize that the officiating/catch rule is an "NFL Problem" ... Not a "Patriot's problem"....

Personally, I was elated to see 2 questionable TD calls BOTH go against the Pats!!

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Given the game & officiating we witnessed on Sunday, is there ANYONE out there who still believes that the Patriots have the NFL (& it's officials) in their back pocket?  Instead, I think/hope that we all realize that the officiating/catch rule is an "NFL Problem" ... Not a "Patriot's problem"....

Personally, I was elated to see 2 questionable TD calls BOTH go against the Pats!!

So we should disregard all the "shenanigans" of the last decade and a half because the calls didn't go for them in 1 game?

Not me. Lol

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

So we should disregard all the "shenanigans" of the last decade and a half because the calls didn't go for them in 1 game?

Not me. Lol

I think the fact that 2 questionable TD calls went against the Pats (on the biggest stage) makes a pretty clear statement that the NFL & it's officials do not have an agenda to "help the Pats win" (as the thread title suggests).  Just sayin...

15 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I think the fact that 2 questionable TD calls went against the Pats (on the biggest stage) makes a pretty clear statement that the NFL & it's officials do not have an agenda to "help the Pats win" (as the thread title suggests).  Just sayin...

Still 6 penalties for the Eagles, 1 for the Pats, right? :thmup:

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

The Ertz call was correct. He was a runner. No question there. The Clement call was more iffy but we can’t throw out a body of evidence/theory based on one outlier (the call not the game as there was a large discrepancy in penalties called in favor of the Pats). That’s what we call an abberation.