Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts interviewed Baylor Coach Matt Rhule this week (Merge)

IndyScribe

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I think it's obvious that he has a lot to prove...

Yep....but I honestly felt a lot of our issues have been personnel and play calling. You hire veteren play callers and proven positional coaches and bring in a guy with energy like his...I’m telling you there is something special about him. Players grow...players respond to him. I agree he would have a lot to prove but he was on the list for a good reason...he is one of those guys to watch. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

With as quiet as the Colts have been trying to be, , I'm disheartened this came out.  Now opposing coaches can use this against him when recruiting players.  Bummer.

They better use something, because it seems like he's been killing it as a recruiter. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

They better use something, because it seems like he's been killing it as a recruiter. 

Yeah, now opposiong coaches can say

"Yes its an honor to play for Baylor, but you know their coach interviewed for the NFL, and he might get more opportunities to do so again.  He very well might not be there at Baylor in a year or two."

I'd do it....

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

"Yes its an honor to play for Baylor, but you know their coach interviewed for the NFL, and he might get more opportunities to do so again.  He very well might not be there at Baylor in a year or two."

I'd do it....

Absolutely. I think they all do it, and some of them probably make stuff up at times. But the only real way to keep it from happening is to decline all interview requests.

I will say, the Colts tried their hardest to keep everything in house. 

10 hours ago, Superman said:

Absolutely. I think they all do it, and some of them probably make stuff up at times. But the only real way to keep it from happening is to decline all interview requests.

I will say, the Colts tried their hardest to keep everything in house

Agreed on all counts. 

Still, it did come out and he'll have to deal with the fallout.

17 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'd do it....

The opposite is he can say “yes...I’m a very desirable coach....I have a proven track record and I turn boys into men and get them playing on Sunday”. I’m not going to say I will be here forever but there is a reason NFL teams keep calling. I’m not interested in other college jobs but we are going to be successful here and if you want to be a part of that...sign up...or you can listen to that coach at Texas who is on their 3rd coach in like 5 years because they can’t even win half their games. Easy for him to say when his school doesn’t even want him...much less the NFL. Come ride with me and we can go to the NFL together!