Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Browns "Browns" it up?

So the Browns now have the 1st and 4th picks in the upcoming draft.  I feel like this would be more of a story if it were any other team sitting on that kind of draft-capital.

What will they do?  Will they get two blue-chip guys, trade down, or "Browns" it up and pick a couple of busts?

What if they take Barkley 1st and Nelson 4th?  Would this forum explode?

:thinking:

On 1/1/2018 at 5:28 AM, Shadow_Creek said:

remember now the browns selected Dorsey as there GM earlier before seasons end. so there going to be just fine now might even be a team to watch out for next year

Exactly they have a new GM now, so I expect a different strategy from the old GM who seemed to like to collect draft picks but not use them to improve his horrible team.  

If they pick well (which is the big if) the Browns have a TON of resources to turn their team around.  Two top 5 picks, I think they have like 3 2nd round picks.  Over 100M in cap space.  

On 12/31/2017 at 10:17 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What if they take Barkley 1st and Nelson 4th?  Would this forum explode?

:thinking:

That actually could happen. The Browns could go after Kirk Cousins or another QB in Free Agency and then go ahead and try to build around him. Of course for them to get Nelson @ 4 that would mean that we would pass on him.

15 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

th?id=OIP.2Yyq428jLzmHmMrFwzddlgEsC1&pid

I'd give it 2 years.  Even if they draft well they are going to have to play a lot of rookies early on.  Rookies always come with some growing pains, playing with that many rookies is going to come with a lot of growing pains that are going to cost them games.  

Plus they arn't exactly in the easiest division in the NFL. 

But say they draft well and pick their FA's well.  I could see them in the playoffs in 2 years.  

The Browns have done some damage to the Colts and the AFC South.

1.) Traded the Colts Trent Richardson

2.) Bought Osweiler from Texans which gave Texans and freed up a lot of cap space for them

3.) Texans got Watson from a Browns pick.

Lets see what they do this year.

2 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

The Browns have done some damage to the Colts and the AFC South.

1.) Traded the Colts Trent Richardson

2.) Bought Osweiler from Texans which gave Texans and freed up a lot of cap space for them

3.) Texans got Watson from a Browns pick.

Lets see what they do this year.

Those points are actually true. Osweiler has looked like Peyton Osweiler vs us and Houston getting Watson was huge.