Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roquon Smith ILB Georgia

On 12/3/2017 at 4:02 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Positional value is overrated. If he’s that good of a player (like Nelson, Barkley, etc...) and the staff is confident he’ll be a good player then they should take him. Grigson’s one good move as GM was taking a center in the 1st round, 19th overall. BPA regardless of position. The only real time positional value applies is to punters, kickers, and Fullbacks. You never draft those guys in any round unless it’s the 6th or 7th. Just ask the Bucs.

You really think Kelly was that great of a pick. It was pretty meh from me so far. Person stepped in and we saw little change in level of play at center when he did. We saw the Bears take a guard and move him to center in rd2 that we could have taken and so far he has out played Kelly. Kelly is one of our better lineman but that isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement. When we can replace him with a practice squad guy and get as good play at that position...not exactly helping your arguement.

fyi I love Smith and would be happy to take him if we move back.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You really think Kelly was that great of a pick. It was pretty meh from me so far. Person stepped in and we saw little change in level of play at center when he did. We saw the Bears take a guard and move him to center in rd2 that we could have taken and so far he has out played Kelly. Kelly is one of our better lineman but that isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement. When we can replace him with a practice squad guy and get as good play at that position...not exactly helping your arguement.

fyi I love Smith and would be happy to take him if we move back.

I think with better guard play we will see the Kelly pick pay off he's actually quite good 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think with better guard play we will see the Kelly pick pay off he's actually quite good 

Most centers help on double teams and then try to get to the line backers. I hope your right he gets better but I haven’t seen anything to suggest he is a pro bowl level center in the future. Sure hope I’m wrong but I haven’t seen it...if anything he should make the guards better not the other way around...but that’s just me.

1 hour ago, KING. said:

Could you guys imagine if the Colts landed Norwell in Free Agency and drafted Nelson? The middle of our line would be sick.

I'd love that! Would give McDaniels a very good OL to work with for running the ball and allowing Luck to sit back in the pocket and pick apart defenses. 

On 12/2/2017 at 12:44 PM, danlhart87 said:

Let's say the Colts grab him in the 1st Round. What is your reaction? 

#3 may be too high, idk. He is a great LB!  I just found this on PFF.... "With two-plus years of excellent film, Smith will be a potential Day 1 commodity come draft time. He flies around the field, capable of diagnosing and finishing plays as well as any linebacker in the country. Smith graded at 87.4 overall last season, and his 90.1 overall grade this year ranks fourth in the nation, including the No. 2 mark in coverage at 90.5. He’s exactly what the NFL needs, as he plays with great range in coverage. He’s also a sure tackler, missing only 15 of his 238 career tackle attempts."