Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-7) vs. Oakland in Mexico City (11-19-17)

oldunclemark

10 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

Getting Cooks paid off big time! The way he plays and how good of a route runner he is... now we need Dorsett to start catching balls and we will have a pair of deep threats.

You guys just found a defense outta nowhere.. i'm sure you don't need Dorsett to do anything. but sit and collect a super bowl ring.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver just lost to Cincy at MileHigh lmao. Their season is over. They have the same record as us.

What a JOKE Denver has turned into a few years after the SB win. My goodness.

I keep saying today what a joke teams are.

Bills too, Chargers had a 50 burger today on them. 

Anyone seen Green Bay lately? Jesus, ever since Rodgers got hurt they look like the 2011 Colts. I have to say at least this years Colts compete at times and have a capable backup to make some games watchable.

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

33-8 Pats broke the shovel on this burial detail. Brady- 339 yards, 3 TDs and TD passes in the three different countries.

If you are 8 years old every week of every year you watch football until you are100 years old you will hear the name "Tom Brady".

Everyone loses to the Pats. That is why when we lost 45-7 in the Championship Game in 2014 I wasn't really hard on the team. They ran up the score as well in that game. It was only 17-7 at Half. Pats always demolish Ben and Pitt and now stomped Carr 33-8.

10 hours ago, Jules said:

Anyone seen Green Bay lately? Jesus, ever since Rodgers got hurt they look like the 2011 Colts. I have to say at least this years Colts compete at times and have a capable backup to make some games watchable.

Yes poor Green Bay, my NFC team. Look lost without Rodgers. but I guess how else are you gonna look without the best QB? 

And we've been hard on the Colts. But we haven't really looked that terrible all year long. We just just look TERRIBLE, godawful, in the 2nd half. Defense has looked better.. untill the 4th. Offense has looks formidable, until something fluky happens to Brissett.. which has been like every game this year. We've had some really nice big plays. Just can't keep it together for the whole game :(

I understand all the facts about not having a capable backup QB in the NFL but looking at the results I believe the thinking is flawed. I don't have the solution but over the years of watching most not all teams, go in to nose dives with their backups something needs to be changed. Some backups look like they have no ability at all. The number of snaps they take during the seasons practices might have something to do with it but what good is a spare tire if it has  hole in it?

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone loses to the Pats. That is why when we lost 45-7 in the Championship Game in 2014 I wasn't really hard on the team. They ran up the score as well in that game. It was only 17-7 at Half. Pats always demolish Ben and Pitt and now stomped Carr 33-8.

They "ran up the score?"  You make it sound like the Colts were innocent.

14 hours ago, Jules said:

What a JOKE Denver has turned into a few years after the SB win. My goodness.

I keep saying today what a joke teams are.

Bills too, Chargers had a 50 burger today on them. 

Denver just fired Mike McCoy, their offensive co-ordinator. I felt it was just a case of needing a scape goat. Their D hasn't been world beaters for the money invested in them either.

9 minutes ago, Roger said:

They "ran up the score?"  You make it sound like the Colts were innocent.

No, the game was over when it was 31-7 in the 4th and Brady was still throwing bombs when Belichick should've had him on the bench to avoid a silly injury. I don't wish injury on anyone but when you are up 31-7 throwing 30 yard passes, it would've been karma had Brady got injury while being sacked with 3 minutes to go in garbage time. Having said that my main point to my Post was the Pats demolish everyone 90% of the time. Some of our silly fanbase just seems to bash us for losing to them and those same people think Carr and Roethlisberger walk on water when they get creamed by the Pats all the time too. There are many Posters that have Posted on here that say Carr is better than Luck and that is just plain dumb. Career wise Luck smokes him statistically and in wins as a starter. Until Carr wins a Playoff game I am just sick of reading that kind of crap.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We're just coming off a superbowl in which a 28-3 lead with 3 minutes left in the 3rd qrtr was overcome. The Patriots scored a TD with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter of the 2015 AFC Championship game to take a 31-7 lead. So that game was virtually identical in terms of score/time left in the game. A minute later, on the Colts ensuing drive, Revis picked off Luck and returned it to the 13, setting up the TD that would put the Pats ahead 38-7. The Colts were then forced to punt on their first possession in the 4th, the Pats then scored on their first possession of the 4th to make it 45-7...that was it on scoring. The Pats had 2 more drives and punted on both of them.

So I don't accept that they "ran up the score" in that game. Not even close.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, the game was over when it was 31-7 in the 4th and Brady was still throwing bombs when Belichick should've had him on the bench to avoid a silly injury. I don't wish injury on anyone but when you are up 31-7 throwing 30 yard passes, it would've been karma had Brady got injury while being sacked with 3 minutes to go in garbage time. Having said that my main point to my Post was the Pats demolish everyone 90% of the time. Some of our silly fanbase just seems to bash us for losing to them and those same people think Carr and Roethlisberger walk on water when they get creamed by the Pats all the time too. There are many Posters that have Posted on here that say Carr is better than Luck and that is just plain dumb. Career wise Luck smokes him statistically and in wins as a starter. Until Carr wins a Playoff game I am just sick of reading that kind of crap.

My point was the Colts got what they deserved for playing so ineffectively in that game.  The accusation that a team "ran up the score" is just an excuse from the losing perspective. 

Why anyone would want a banner commemorating that debacle is a mystery.  Pagano should have been fired immediately after. Instead, we got a second place banner.

No mercy rules in football, this is not little league. Play for 60 minutes and don't play dirty. If you don't like someone scoring on you, it is pretty simple, stop them. If you have given up but the offensive team intends to play for 60 minutes, you will get what you deserve, a shellacking.

It is not a co-incidence that teams that have beaten the Patriots took it down to the wire and played 60 minutes against them. 3 quarters ain't cutting it (cough Atlanta, cough) :).

10 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

We're just coming off a superbowl in which a 28-3 lead with 3 minutes left in the 3rd qrtr was overcome. The Patriots scored a TD with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter of the 2015 AFC Championship game to take a 31-7 lead. So that game was virtually identical in terms of score/time left in the game. A minute later, on the Colts ensuing drive, Revis picked off Luck and returned it to the 13, setting up the TD that would put the Pats ahead 38-7. The Colts were then forced to punt on their first possession in the 4th, the Pats then scored on their first possession of the 4th to make it 45-7...that was it on scoring. The Pats had 2 more drives and punted on both of them.

So I don't accept that they "ran up the score" in that game. Not even close.

Yeah it was actually 38-7 going into the 4th but you guys still added another TD and were passing the ball up 45-7 midway through the 4th. I guess it is what it is. Pats do that to everyone anyway. Belichick is real fortunate that Brady has never got injured in garbage time doing this. Remember when Belichick played Wes Welker in the last game of the season which was a meaningless game, I think it was in 2009 and Welker got injured. Then the Ravens blasted the Pats in Round 1 at Foxboro.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was actually 38-7 going into the 4th but you guys still added another TD and were passing the ball up 45-7 midway through the 4th. I guess it is what it is. Pats do that to everyone anyway. Belichick is real fortunate that Brady has never got injured in garbage time doing this. Remember when Belichick played Wes Welker in the last game of the season which was a meaningless game, I think it was in 2009 and Welker got injured. Then the Ravens blasted the Pats in Round 1 at Foxboro.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201501180nwe.htm#all_pbp

The Pats had the ball to start the 4th, up 38-7. Given that we just saw a 25 point lead erased in 18 minutes, you certainly can't believe that a 31 point lead with 15 minutes left is safe enough that the winning team should run into the line 3 times and punt? The drive that resulted in the final TD started with 15 minutes to go. It was a 9 play drive that took 5 minutes off the clock and ended up with a LeGarret Blount 3 yard TD run off tackle. 4 of the 9 plays were passes, 1 of which was incomplete. So there were 3 completed passes on that drive, one for 6 yards and two for 8 yards. The other 5 plays were runs. The Pats then ran a total of 6 plays on their remaining 2 drives (both of which were 3 an outs). There were 5 runs and 1 incomplete pass.

53 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201501180nwe.htm#all_pbp

The Pats had the ball to start the 4th, up 38-7. Given that we just saw a 25 point lead erased in 18 minutes, you certainly can't believe that a 31 point lead with 15 minutes left is safe enough that the winning team should run into the line 3 times and punt? The drive that resulted in the final TD started with 15 minutes to go. It was a 9 play drive that took 5 minutes off the clock and ended up with a LeGarret Blount 3 yard TD run off tackle. 4 of the 9 plays were passes, 1 of which was incomplete. So there were 3 completed passes on that drive, one for 6 yards and two for 8 yards. The other 5 plays were runs. The Pats then ran a total of 6 plays on their remaining 2 drives (both of which were 3 an outs). There were 5 runs and 1 incomplete pass.

I am not saying run it into the line 3 times and Punt but you guys were throwing bombs up 45-7. It was almost 52-7 when Brady threw a 50 yard pass I think it was to Edleman and he just dropped it by the goal line late in the game. Like I said it is what it is and I already acknowledged it was 38-7 not 31-7 going into the 4th Qtr. Are you going to tell me you were really worried up 38-7 in the 4th Qtr that you could lose? If so you must think Andrew Luck is not of this planet. Teams may blow leads like Chiefs against us and Falcons did against you guys but Pats aren't blowing no 38-7 at home in the 4th Qtr and everyone knows it. Also why is Brady even in up 45-7? Pats love rubbing it in and that is fine, we couldn't stop them so it's our fault. They do it against everyone not just us. Go back and look at 2007, Belichick purposely kept Brady in, in 4th Qtr's when they were up huge just so he could beat Manning's TD record. It's common sense. They had 2 games in 2007 where they were up 50 something to 7 and Brady was still in throwing deep lmao. I believe it was against the Skins and Bills.

@Bad Morty my original Post wasn't even about running up the score, I just threw that in there. It was about some Colts fans bashing Luck for losing to the Pats but yet they think Carr walks on water. Carr got creamed Sunday and hasn't had near the career Luck has had. Ben has 2 Rings but he gets creamed by the Pats in the Playoffs as well. Those were my main points actually. More power to the Pats, they are just better than everyone and have been for years. Really only the Manning's have been able to beat them and the Ravens on occasion on the big stage.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:36 PM, Jules said:

LOL LOL I turned on this game for a minute and see the Raiders fumble in the red zone. :lol:

Done for now, yay so exciting. Patriots getting Patriots style breaks.......even in Mexico.

Lots of love for the Pats in Mexico.  Sounded like a home game.