Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline

AmberDerrow

I don't know who would be available that could help. Short of a superstar franchise quarterback, I think the strategy should just be to scratch this year, scratch Chuck, get a high draft pick, and wait for Andrew to come back. Unless you were willing to deal TY, I don't really know if we have any chips either? I wouldn't trade any draft picks, so who is next? Castonzo?

10 hours ago, DonnieDarko1023 said:

There is not point in making a trade if the team is in rebuilding mode 

There is a point called collecting draft choices. Davis will surely leave as a free agent so even trading him for a 5th or 6th round pick is better than hanging on to him and his declining skills.

I know a lot of people would not agree with me on this, BUT I think it would be a good Idea to try and trade Moncrief, Hilton and Davis, maybe Simon and Sheared, or any other 1 year contract players to playoff and championship contending teams, try to get as many draft picks as possible to try to start rebuilding. because lets face it, whether people want to admit it or not, Ballard is going to have to rebuild. that whole offensive line needs to be redone, and the defense is in shambles. there is not one position on defense that I can even see that is being close to being fixed. 

That is just my opinion  

44 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Part of rebuilding is trading players you don't want anymore for extra draft picks.

It's tough to trade any player you don't want anymore. If they are talented you want to keep them. If they have low talent no one wants to trade for them.

4 hours ago, Deadpool said:

I know a lot of people would not agree with me on this, BUT I think it would be a good Idea to try and trade Moncrief, Hilton and Davis, maybe Simon and Sheared, or any other 1 year contract players to playoff and championship contending teams, try to get as many draft picks as possible to try to start rebuilding. because lets face it, whether people want to admit it or not, Ballard is going to have to rebuild. that whole offensive line needs to be redone, and the defense is in shambles. there is not one position on defense that I can even see that is being close to being fixed. 

That is just my opinion  

There are a few defensive players that can contribute. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Matthew Robertson said:

Hard to get something for Vontae Davis individually, but if perhaps a good package deal for Hilton and Davis in exchange for a decent player (undetermined position like Oline or Linebacker) and a high end draft pick (or multiple middle picks).

Thoughts?

Send Hilton to San Fran with Castanzo maybe get a 1st rounder in return. seeing they got Jimmy G. now at QB giving him a WR and a LT around him for the next 3 or 4 years is a good building block for them. especially since Staley and Garcon are up there in age an all.  Then maybe send Moncrief and Davis to Washington for their 1st rounder? Gore to dallas for a 3rd rounder now that zeke is suspended. 

Okay I'll bring myself back to reality and realize im not playing madden anymore lol. 

I wouldn't trade players, I would trade picks.   It's a great time to sell draft picks.

With what you can get in trade for draft picks currently, teams are missing the boat by not making trades.
Ajayi for a 4th round? San Fran gives up only a 2nd rounder for a QB they feel can be their franchise guy. From one source, there is only a 27% chance of getting a long term starter in the 2nd round.

What stats tells us about the draft by round

Of course the length of time left on a contract can play a part, but I think teams need to be confident that they can sign players to extensions.