Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Ghost

csmopar

18 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Well if Luck would have been there, you would obviously hope for far better results.  Better accuracy and touch on passes can go a long way.  Plus, Luck can read a D better and has the ability to check out of plays and knows the playbook well enough to select other options and audibles.  Can't compare the two honestly.

Well, in your scenario, Luck is 100% healthy. My scenario, Luck is in the condition he is now, practicing to get ready to play, but still not ready yet. So he wouldn't be much better than Brissett as of now. You can't just make Luck 100% when he isn't, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion and he would of played.

IMOP It does not matter who has a bad game it is about execution and play calling, To many mistakes that should not happen from some of this players. You have 2 RB that could of been the savior of the Monday night game but instead the coaches decided to start throwing in the second half makes no sense. First game I watched all year but have been reading the forum this year to get a good Feedback. The Colts QB is raw and has only been here a few weeks and does not know all the plays so he is limited to what he can do. The Defense could be good but play way to much zone and have put enough pressure on the opposing QB, cannot stop the run and sorry the ILB are not good at all Pagano should of tried to fix this by now.  But then again if the offense is not on the field in the second half of the game what do u expect from the defense. The offensive line was the best I have seen all year but the Coaches did not take advantage of this. Yes their are a lot of young players but at some point you need to start using them to your advantage. I was on the Chuck wagon But the 2nd half breakdowns in every game this year fall on the entire coaching staff. 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, in your scenario, Luck is 100% healthy. My scenario, Luck is in the condition he is now, practicing to get ready to play, but still not ready yet. So he wouldn't be much better than Brissett as of now. You can't just make Luck 100% when he isn't, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion and he would of played.

In my example Luck is playing...never mentioned 100% per say.  And Luck isn't ready to play at all so both examples mean nothing to this conversation.  You can't just assume he can't make plays. 

Regardless Luck is an immediate impact for us in all the better ways.  Not that JB has not done great in little time.  But to my point Luck would still know how to read the D and audible...correct?  The throws we will see but that was my assumption and I'll give you that.

Like I said in another thread, TY at LOS is The Ghost and TY anywhere else is A Ghost.  A bit more data to back that up:

TY.PNG

Sorry its so small but says no catch % past 50% in our three away fixtures (including 25% Monday) and YPT is very low, especially last two games (5 and 4.75).  Stats only tell you so much but this is frustrating to see.  We need TY to play well when we don't have Luck.

You guys need to stop every reciever in the NFL other than Antonio Brown hasn't gone off every game this year and if you're talking ppl hiltons size there's No one...Antonio brown gets triple teamed but the Steelers MOVE him around constantly and force feed him the ball.. look at what chud runs for Hilton it's not to get him open there's no motioning Hilton..no Slants..crossing routes..bunch formations..if anything Hilton feasts on the deep ball but have we seen him sent on those routes during a playaction pass? No  if you can lock up all other Wr on the colts you simply bracket Hilton and roll someone in zone to his side thus the QB won't even dare throw to him unless it's Luck..now If he's getting open dropping passes fumbling then yeah you can discredit him but as of now talk about his supporting cast who don't show up at all

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Hmmm.  So Doyle fumbles once so he has a bad game?  I thought he had a touchdown and a couple of first down receptions.  One drop I remember was a horrible throw, and the other was a good play by the DB who had a hand on it when he caught it.

BTW, I wouldn't say Moncrief had a bad game because he dropped a TD.  It happens.

As far as TY, he runs hot and cold.  Never quite good enough to beat a double team regularly.  Not easy to do, but doesn't seem to ever be able to do it.

i do think he had a bad game

doyle got paid because he was mister reliable.  hes not a burner, he doesnt make people miss, nor does he break many tackles.

he had a total of 50 yards in a game where we needed more from him, and his fumble pretty much sealed the loss

14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i do think he had a bad game

doyle got paid because he was mister reliable.  hes not a burner, he doesnt make people miss, nor does he break many tackles.

he had a total of 50 yards in a game where we needed more from him, and his fumble pretty much sealed the loss

Sealed the loss? The defense held them to a FG and we were still in the lead. 

I think TY's disappearance and Brissett's poorer play as the game wore on (a bit of a pattern here) had more to do with the loss.  (as well as the typical coaching issues).  I wouldn't blame the offense's inability to move the ball on Doyle's fumble or Moncrief's dropped TD.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sealed the loss? The defense held them to a FG and we were still in the lead. 

I think TY's disappearance and Brissett's poorer play as the game wore on (a bit of a pattern here) had more to do with the loss.  (as well as the typical coaching issues).  I wouldn't blame the offense's inability to move the ball on Doyle's fumble or Moncrief's dropped TD.

Had nothing to do with Hilton as the qb played smart and didn't force it to him knowing he was bracketed how can you fault him for not getting the ball...that's like how the falcons have been with Julio jones they haven't given him the ball but you don't hear people whining saying it's his fault they're losing? And if you want to compare Hiltons had a better season than him so far so does that mean Julio  is bad too or does it mean neither are gettin the ball like we're used to seeing?

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I wouldn't blame the offense's inability to move the ball on Doyle's fumble or Moncrief's dropped TD.

thats cool, but i do blame them though.  we needed to move the ball there and score, but instead it was a turnover 

so you are blaming ty who was doubled teamed much of the game, while  doyle wasnt.  guys that are not doubled need to step up, especially after they get paid to do so

what is your deal with brissett?  he played well, he got the ball to doyle late and he fumbled

some people have unrealistic expectations of brisett

not many teams are going to ask a 23 year old to come in as the season starts, and then to put games on his shoulders in his second week with the team

he is doing pretty well all things considered.  people like doyle and moncrief need to step up and help him