Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+8) at Pittsburgh (10-8-17)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST.....Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon on CBS

Over-under at 42 ....................Low 70s with a chance of rain at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh

Rare meting of two teams that nobody wants to see play each other anyway.

The Jax revival hit a brick wall last week losing to the Jets but QB Blake Bortles (66 of 121, 732 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs) can make it all right if he can upset the Men of Steel.

College superback Leonard Fournette has 285 yards on 81 carries so far..for the Jaguars .but he's facing the 'New Steel Curtain' backed up by LB Ryan Shazier

The highly-touted Jacksonville defense has 18 QB sacks and they'll need to stomp on Big Ben Rothlisberger (87 of 140, 957 yards, 6 TDs and 2 INTs) before he gets the ball to Antonio "Big Baby" Brown (30 catches 388 yards), whose been whining about not getting enough passes.

The Steelers running star LaVeon (I don't need training camp) Bell (87 carries, 324 yards) may have to go to church on Sunday in the form of Jacksonville leading tackler and strong safety Barry Church.

This looks like a great matchup of the Steeler's offense vs. The Jax defense. How come the spread is 8 points (its 9 in some places).

Because Blake Bortles is the second most unpopular player (behind that poor boy who tries to kick field goals for Tampa) in the NFL.

Don't you see Bortles having a big game and riddling the Steeler defense? 

Me neither.  Take the Steelers and give the points.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant see Jax winning this, then again who knows. I say Pitt 27-20, giving 8 points is too scary, 6.5 should be the spread IMO. I still owe my friend a St Elmo dinner because I took 14 and the Colts last week so I am hit and miss on these predictions.

He'll eat well......ask for the "Manning room' ..its in the basement with the TV screens

How can anyone call this game? Who are the Jags? Steelers lead the league in sacks and are the #1 defense according to the pregame talk. I watched the Dolphins picked to beat the Titans today. I must be missing something because the Dolphins do not have a quarterback instead, they have Cutler.

18 minutes ago, King Colt said:

How can anyone call this game? Who are the Jags? Steelers lead the league in sacks and are the #1 defense according to the pregame talk. I watched the Dolphins picked to beat the Titans today. I must be missing something because the Dolphins do not have a quarterback instead, they have Cutler.

Neither do the Titans. Marcus is not playing.

If the Jags defense drags them to a win which looks very probable after the 2nd pick 6 across 2 straight drives, which isn't even the defense's biggest story (that'd be their insane pursuit all game), they will carried their team to a win even more than the Bears defense did against the Cardinals in the infamous game.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think it's over for him.

I hope not, maybe he can push through for one more year or two. Well at least for this season he will push unless he gets hurt.

He seems to be seriously thinking of wanting to retire though going back to the end of last season, so one foot might be out the door. Hate to see all these big names be almost done though. Sigh.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I hope not, maybe he can push through for one more year or two. Well at least for this season he will push unless he gets hurt.

He seems to be seriously thinking of wanting to retire though going back to the end of last season, so one foot might be out the door. Hate to see all these big names be almost done though. Sigh.

Yeah it was always fun watching Tom battle Peyton and Ben being the mix too. Eli and Flacco too but they look done too.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was always fun watching Tom battle Peyton and Ben being the mix too. Eli and Flacco too but they look done too.

I have not watched any Ravens this year yet, but Eli........-omg-

Only Rodgers looks the sharpest IMO of the elite top group. He's still a bit younger then the rest of them though.

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Steelers are pouting and crying and moping. That's what's really going on here. They have been ever since their little stunt that's against rules around here to discuss. They made this bed now they have to lay in it.

You aren't wrong. I noticed this too, the Steelers have not been the same since "it". Shhhh. It started with the OT loss to the Bears of all teams.

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

95 yards.. and a pick.. blew out a "supposed" good Steelers team on the road.. yeah.. could you image our recent QB's doing that?

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

95 yards.. and a pick.. blew out a "supposed" good Steelers team on the road.. yeah.. could you image our recent QB's doing that?

I am out of LIKES

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Its the truth.. not as terrible as bortles, but comparison to someones early years of winning compared to our dude..

I remember we had a thread making fun of Lenord Fournettes comments after his first preseason game... well I guess the jokes on us

Just pray the jags don't get a top 15 qb. 

The quotes above are just "Drama Ben"...he is always in a walking boot after bye weeks, he is always limping around, he says he is going to retire after every season, he says he is gonna learnt how to rode bike...this is just how he is...in the Pittsburgh sports world, this is affectionately referred to as Drama Ben...not a big deal...