Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The season is not as hard as you think...

bap1331

Most of the teams we face are organizations that are a mess and have no desire to change (except a couple of teams in our schedule).

Week 1: Rams-Goff is their Quarterback. PERIOD. Just containing Gurley is our problem.

Week 2: Cardinals are on our turf. Our fans will help us out on this one and give us the advantage. Its our season opener at home.

Week 3: Browns-No need to say more

Week 4: Seahawks-they always struggle til like week 6 when their season is on the line.

Week 5: 49ers-NEXT!

Week 6: Titans-Andrew Luck should be back in full form. I mean, he passed his physical. If he wasnt ready, doctors wouldnt have cleared him.

The tough games we do have to worry about are against the Steelers and Broncos but they are on our turf. I think our QBs will figure it out. We still have a good chance. Ballard is filling in all our positions with depth. All Colts fans think that we will be the same team with Luck carrying the whole team on his back with a bad oline and bad defense. I have confidence Ballard has balanced our team overall as a whole. Support your team! If Ballard does not believe Chuck is head coach material, then he would have fired him as soon as he came in.

In Ballard We Trust!

I like the optimism but there's another way to look at it. The Rams have a great D-Line, even without Donald. We won't have as hard of a time though, since Aaron Donald is still holding out. Cardinals have a great defense, good coach, so you won't know what happens. Agree with Browns and 49ers. The Seahawks have a really good defense, so it won't be easy. Just because they have slow starts in the past doesn't mean they will this season.

In Ballard we trust.... I think Luck will only be out until week 2 or 3 and with that said I think the rams are more than beatable even with Scott Tolzein (yuck). The Colts defense will surprise people this year by getting more takeaways and making more clutch plays. I think they'll be like some defenses of the past that were raved around the league as "gritty." 

Luck is a seasoned vet so I don't predict he'll have too hard of a time getting the swing of things...

not to mention our run game could be the best since Joesph Addai's rookie year. Frank Gore is reliable not flashy but consistent, pair him with Marlon Mack (highly optimistic about him) and Matt Jones (who is excited to watch as long as he doesn't fumble) we should be pretty good at controlling time of possession and working the ball down field.

I would agree with you OP IF Luck were fully healthy and playing.  Until that happens, there is a SIGNIFICANT drop off in QB from Luck and I don't see any team out there that can't beat us without #12.

But I agree, the overall schedule is not that daunting IMHO.

Why does everyone assume it's going to be a cake walk first couple games ...last time we played rams they had an even worse roster and Dc and demolished us with a bum at qb...last time we played The Cards we got blown out..hell the browns defense looks better than ours and if they can run the ball on us like we've been seeing from our starters in preseason even they can beat us 

Just now, will426 said:

Why does everyone assume it's going to be a cake walk first couple games ...last time we played rams they had an even worse roster and Dc and demolished us with a bum at qb...last time we played The Cards we got blown out..hell the browns defense looks better than ours and if they can run the ball on us like we've been seeing from our starters in preseason even they can beat us 

No one is assuming that. Most people think we'll suck. 

4 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Most of the teams we face are organizations that are a mess and have no desire to change (except a couple of teams in our schedule).

Week 1: Rams-Goff is their Quarterback. PERIOD. Just containing Gurley is our problem. They actually have the Wr depth and we do not have the corner. Oh and remember how our defense did against anybody VS the run. We sucked

Week 2: Cardinals are on our turf. Our fans will help us out on this one and give us the advantage. Its our season opener at home. Our fans don' t do crap but % there and complain you in their way of the view. Oh also the defense for the Cardinal are going to put pressure on who ever is on offense.  The colts need to do a lot of quick pass and three step drops but we all know that wont happen. Luck will sit in the pocket all day and Look for TY Hilton because that all he can do or will do.

Week 3: Browns-No need to say more The browns actually have a QB in Kaiser

Week 4: Seahawks-they always struggle til like week 6 when their season is on the line. Look at their defense now look at our offense, there defense is stout and have a lot of great players on there defense. Now i am look at our offense. Right now they could not even block a tissue.

Week 5: 49ers-NEXT! Might actually get our first win here.

Week 6: Titans-Andrew Luck should be back in full form. I mean, he passed his physical. If he wasnt ready, doctors wouldnt have cleared him.

The only reason Ballard has not fired Pagano is because Isray more then likely gave Pagano an ultimatum to turn this ship around or be let go by the middle of the season. If the Colts are not above .500 in the middle of the season a lot of fans are jumping ship if they don't see changes soon.

54 minutes ago, will426 said:

Because a lot of them are probably drinking the Kool Aid from Jamestown

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

We need an inside straight. 

If we can limp through the first 8 games with a 500 record and suffer no more serious injuries then we have a chance. 

10 or 11 wins should win this division. 

After that, we just need to get hot at the right time. 

The problem is we cant afford to lose. We finally have a real chance here with an easy schedule but 1-2 games makes a huge difference to get that home field advantage throughout the playoffs from the Patriots. If we can lock that in, we definitely have a better chance at home against New England. Remember that the AFC aint that hard so reaching the SB is alot easier than the NFC. Thats why New England goes every year. 

2 hours ago, will426 said:

because last time we faced the rams, we didnt have a balanced team. Ballard is bringing us a balanced team + depth. Im not saying its a cake walk and we will walk out with a win guaranteed. Im just saying we definitely have a chance now to get away with a win.

3 hours ago, bap1331 said:

The problem is we cant afford to lose. We finally have a real chance here with an easy schedule but 1-2 games makes a huge difference to get that home field advantage throughout the playoffs from the Patriots. If we can lock that in, we definitely have a better chance at home against New England. Remember that the AFC aint that hard so reaching the SB is alot easier than the NFC. Thats why New England goes every year. 

Playoffs?

636173205022185586-jim-mora-playoffs-cop

12 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Week 1: Rams-Goff is their Quarterback. PERIOD. Just containing Gurley is our problem.

Week 2: Cardinals are on our turf. Our fans will help us out on this one and give us the advantage. Its our season opener at home.

Week 3: Browns-No need to say more

Week 4: Seahawks-they always struggle til like week 6 when their season is on the line.

Week 5: 49ers-NEXT!

OR...

Week 1: Rams - TOLZIEN is our Quarterback.  PERIOD.  L

Week 2 Cardinals - Bruce Arians won't get beat by a team led by Scott Tolzien and Chuck Pagano

Week 3 Browns - Without Luck we ARE the Browns!

Week 4 Seahawks - Even with Luck, we won't win this one.

Week 5 49ers - Toss up.  We are on their level if Tolzien starts might win with Brissett.

Week 6 Titans - Assuming Luck is back by now he will be extremely rusty and the Titans will finally break their losing streak to the Colts.

That "easy" schedule won't be a cakewalk for these Luckless Colts.

6 hours ago, bap1331 said:

50 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Funny how we can make arguments for a both good season or a bad one. 

This year could go either way. 

I'd rather hope for the best until the Colts are out of it. If the Colts get and stay healthy, I like their chances of getting to the playoffs.

This is exactly where I stand.  Our pre season didn't give too many clues as we were either looking good or looking terrible.  If we can get Luck back sooner rather than later and the D can come together to become an average unit we could have a shot at winning the division.

All we can do is go into Sunday with a positive mentality and if it all goes down the toilet........then come and rant on this forum!