Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alshon Jeffery Highlights

Personally im not too fond of this guy. I'd be much happier grabbing a reciever in the third or fourth and taking care of our D in the second/third if possible. However, if we do go reciever early, I'd rather see us grab Sanu out of Rutgers.

I would much rather see the 2nd rounder go towards D.

i would prefer if we focused on d through FA by getting guys like laron landry and webb. with those two are secondary is set, we have a very good group of lbers in anger,simms,wheeler, and connor. we resign mathis to play our 3-4 defense. also resign anderson and brayton so they can play de in the 3-4 and on running downs. we have pieces on defense plus if reggie leaves we have a void in wr even if we resign garcon

i would prefer if we focused on d through FA by getting guys like laron landry and webb. with those two are secondary is set, we have a very good group of lbers in anger,simms,wheeler, and connor. we resign mathis to play our 3-4 defense. also resign anderson and brayton so they can play de in the 3-4 and on running downs. we have pieces on defense plus if reggie leaves we have a void in wr even if we resign garcon

An area that needs serious address because of our 3-4 switch, is NT. I'm not sure any "big-name" NTs are hitting the market and if there are, there's most likely going to be a significant cost for him. I just don't see how we can pass on a NT if one, prominently Dontari Poe, falls to us.

I also think that Garcon can be effective in that #1 spot and Collie being the #2. I'll admit that that won't be a very strong receiving core but, then again, there is a serious amount of Wide-Outs hitting free agency as well.

An area that needs serious address because of our 3-4 switch, is NT. I'm not sure any "big-name" NTs are hitting the market and if there are, there's most likely going to be a significant cost for him. I just don't see how we can pass on a NT if one, prominently Dontari Poe, falls to us.

I also think that Garcon can be effective in that #1 spot and Collie being the #2. I'll admit that that won't be a very strong receiving core but, then again, there is a serious amount of Wide-Outs hitting free agency as well.

nevis i think can be a 3-4 NT. the guy will need to put on alittle more weight but he has the strength to anchor the middle.

I have watched a lot of Jeffery this yea, because I was a big fan of choosing him earlier in the year. After watching the games, all I saw was a guy that was good at 1 thing, Jump Balls, and that is becuase he towered over the DBs. That won't work in the NFL, he struggled to get separation, did not run good routes, and was not fast at all.

If I were to choose a couple recievers to go with in the draft, assuming Luck will be #1, I would start with Sanu, then in the 3-4 round range I would look at Marvin McNutt, Nick Toon, Joe Adams, Juron Criner.Later than that I would look at Ryan Broyles, Jarrett Boykin, tommy Streeter, BJ Cunningham.

Alshon wasn't good against Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt. http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/09/in-the-film-room-south-carolina-vs-vanderbilt.html

Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina

-Makes an absurd catch on poorly thrown ball.

-Questionable read either by QB or Jeffrey leads to interception.

-Not getting a lot of separation.

-Fights off Heyward to grab a 1st down, negated by hold.

-Nearly makes juggling catch in double coverage.

-Double-move doesn’t give him separation, but still makes fantastic jump-ball TD catch.

-TD negated, Jeffrey stepped on line coming down.

-Not a speed guy, but really doesn’t look fast.

-SC quarterback is pretty awful.

-Makes juggling jump-ball catch.

-Powerful off the line of scrimmage, gets an easy release.

-Tips ball at goal-line, ends up being picked.

-Not his best night, but still a Top 10 player.

Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

-Sticks with TE easily and deflects ball away.

-Picks off terrible pass, holding on after getting smoked by teammate.

-Perfect position on pick, fantastic ball skills.

-Looks very smooth backpedal.

-Very patient, doesn’t look intimidated by bigger Jeffrey.

-Intercepts another poor throw – good return.

-Receiver got separation, but window was too tight with sideline.

-Takes a PI penalty, over-running lofted pass and grabbing Jeffrey.

-Out-fought by Jeffrey for 1st down.

-Good fundamentals in run-support.

-Got a bit turned around in coverage, lays big hit after catch by TE.

-Great 1-1 coverage with Jeffrey – doesn’t seem to have to run full-speed to keep up with him.

-Very impressive night for Hayward. Top 100 prospect at this point.

No way Alshon Jeffery falls to us unless we draft him #1 overall (Which isn't happening.)

I dont know man, in the mock drafts he isnt even projected to go in the first round as they have Blackmon,Floyd, Kendal Wright, and Mohamed Sanu going in the first round as a WR. there is a very good chance he could fall to the colts. alot of teams are projected to take defensive players in the first round. so getting jeffery can happen.