CB Milton 

S Hightower 

WR Howard 

G Redmond 

G Vujnovich 

QB Walker 

OLB Sickels  

Notes

- Martin makes the team for safety depth.  Even though Green can "technically" play S, I'd rather have 4 full-time safeties on the roster until Geathers is back.

- I think Natson could make the team, but I think (likes Darell Daniels) he will be on the PS until an injury keeps a WR out for an extended period of time.  If Rogers will be hurt for the next couple weeks, Natson makes the team.  But for now he's on the PS.

- Pagano mentioned Culliver as a potential Davis replacement, so he makes the team over White.  

- 10 linebackers is probably too many, but I think it's good to have that kind of depth for this defense.  They could use all the men they can get.  

- Bond is probably going to start until Kelly comes back.  Kelly could be on IR Designated for Return so Vujnovich or Redmond would make the team.

- Not sure who starts at ILB, I'm going with Bostic and Morrison.  

•  

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I still think Pope makes this team barring serious injury. He's looked pretty solid. And we've kept 4 RB's every year Andrew has been here, doubt that changes now. Especially with Gore getting older by the minute 

Except this year we have to keep 3 QBs and maybe an extra CB or S due to injuries.   Do we know if they're going to designate Kelly?  That's another roster spot. 

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Except this year we have to keep 3 QBs and maybe an extra CB or S due to injuries.   Do we know if they're going to designate Kelly?  That's another roster spot. 

I'd imagine Kelly is headed to IR DTR, and either Morris or Tolzien will get the axe the moment Luck is ready for game time 

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

we dont have to keep 3 QBs.... IF luck is cleared and on the active roster, I could see us letting either Morris or Tolzien go...

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

we dont have to keep 3 QBs.... IF luck is cleared and on the active roster, I could see us letting either Morris or Tolzien go...

You're assuming Luck can play game 1?   I agree that as soon as he can play we cut one QB. 

The discussion was about keeping 4 RBs.  I think that's a luxury until we get healthier.   4th RB is probably inactive game day.  We'll already have Luck, Kelly, Vontae, maybe Rogers and Spence all inactive (major assumptions!).  

1 hour ago, Caleb3502 said:

Bold - Starter 

Italics - Rookie 

* - Injured Starter 

Offense (23)

QB: Luck*, Tolzien, Morris 

HB: Gore, Mack, Turbin 

WR: Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Aiken, Rogers

TE: Doyle, Swoope, Williams 

T: Castonzo, Clark, Banner  

G: Mewhort, Haeg, Good, Schwenke 

C: Kelly*, Bond   

Defense (27)

DE: AndersonRidgeway, McGill, Hunt  

DT: Hankins, Stewart, Woods 

OLB: Sheard, Simon, Ayers, Basham, Mingo 

ILB: Bostic, Morrison, Jackson, Spence, Walker 

CB: Davis*, MelvinWilson, Hairston, Culliver, Green 

S: Butler, Hooker, Farley, Martin  

Special Teams (3)

K: Vinatieri 

P: Sanchez 

LS: Rhodes 

PUP List (1)

S Geathers 

Practice Squad (10)

TE Daniels 

WR Natson 

ILB George 

CB Milton 

S Hightower 

WR Howard 

G Redmond 

G Vujnovich 

QB Walker 

OLB Sickels  

Notes

- Martin makes the team for safety depth.  Even though Green can "technically" play S, I'd rather have 4 full-time safeties on the roster until Geathers is back.

- I think Natson could make the team, but I think (likes Darell Daniels) he will be on the PS until an injury keeps a WR out for an extended period of time.  If Rogers will be hurt for the next couple weeks, Natson makes the team.  But for now he's on the PS.

- Pagano mentioned Culliver as a potential Davis replacement, so he makes the team over White.  

- 10 linebackers is probably too many, but I think it's good to have that kind of depth for this defense.  They could use all the men they can get.  

- Bond is probably going to start until Kelly comes back.  Kelly could be on IR Designated for Return so Vujnovich or Redmond would make the team.

- Not sure who starts at ILB, I'm going with Bostic and Morrison.  

•  

You've got the Colts' starting RT in Vujnovich on the practice squad.  That won't happen.

21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You're assuming Luck can play game 1?   I agree that as soon as he can play we cut one QB. 

The discussion was about keeping 4 RBs.  I think that's a luxury until we get healthier.   4th RB is probably inactive game day.  We'll already have Luck, Kelly, Vontae, maybe Rogers and Spence all inactive (major assumptions!).  

Having the 4th HB or even a 6th WR is not a luxury because they would be your KR/PR and ST guy.

45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

no.... that why i said "IF LUCK IS CLEARED AND ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER".  If Luck is able to go week 1, this lets us cut one of the 2 QBs, thus allowing us to keep the 4 RBs in question.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

no.... that why i said "IF LUCK IS CLEARED AND ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER".  If Luck is able to go week 1, this lets us cut one of the 2 QBs, thus allowing us to keep the 4 RBs in question.

We're agreeing with a gigantic IF.  Miracles happen, but outside of that...

50 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

none of the 5 WR can return really, and only 3 RB's......  with only 8 RB/WR, do you really want to risk injury on ST's anyway? . no DB Returners either.....  I think Natson or Bray has to make it, likely JoJo

Chester Rogers definitely can return. Jojo making the roster may coincide with just how bad Rogers injury is and if he can make it to week 1.

36 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Chester Rogers definitely can return. Jojo making the roster may coincide with just how bad Rogers injury is and if he can make it to week 1.

Have we heard anything about why Chester is out?  A friend of mine was in his dad's barber shop last weekend but didn't ask him about it.  Not sure he would have given the scoop anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Have we heard anything about why Chester is out?  A friend of mine was in his dad's barber shop last weekend but didn't ask him about it.  Not sure he would have given the scoop anyway. 

I think he had some sort of leg injury at the first practice after the 2nd preseason game and has been out since. No updates on when he will be back yet.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

who is your PR/KR if Natson is on PS OP?

If Rogers is ready to go Week 1 then I think we would be the PR and the KR would be someone like Mack.  I'd really like Natson to make the team but I see them wanting to put him on the PS for now.  Natson has a good chance to be our PR/KR Week 1, this was just my guess as to what our team would look like Week 1.  I could see the Colts cutting either Hunt or Spence to make room for Natson.  I do think if Rogers will be injured for Week 1 that Natson is on the active roster.  

With the injuries I think we keep Daniels as a 4th TE and JoJo as a 6th WR for return duties. Vujonovich has been starting at RT I think he makes it. 

That's 3 spots so Kelly to the IR to return  Bond to the PS or if Schwenke can't beat out an UDFA then cut him. Spence is gone giving us 3 slots. 

The PS Howard Milton George Redmond and Bond are the only guys from that list I think we keep.