Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Call me crazy...

Archer

10 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I think he starts week 3 but thats just me....which means nothing lol

Up until this past weekend, that was my hope, but knew it was possible it would be a missed target. Now I'm nearly certain he will miss at least one game, maybe 3.

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

"officially" practice.  Wonder if luck, TY, etc could be secretly practicing on their own time somewhere.  There's no rule against that

Not only not allowed, medically foolish.  Luck doing that before finishing his rehab could jeopardize his recovery, and potentially cause re injury that is career threatening or ending.  Luck won't go against the Dr. / Therapists directions. My chances of this clandestine practicing happening? Zero.

10 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Luck to IR.  Write it down.

In a really bad case, the Colts can keep Luck on the Reserve/PUP for 11 weeks, well into the season without having to have him count against the 53 man roster, or place him on IR.

If Luck gets activated by 3:59 pm Saturday?  I think he plays game 4.  If not, end of October at the earliest.

{Sigh}

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only clear evidence besides blind hope that suggests that Luck will play week 1 at this time is that we haven't signed a veteran, stopgap QB, and that Ballard basically gave his word that Luck would be ready. Neither guarantees it though, and we'll just have to find out in a few days.

No.    Ballard did not give his word or even a guarantee that Luck would be ready.

In fact,  quite the opposite.    It was Ballard who started the campaign of not rushing Luck back before he's ready.   And that they would not establish a timeline or make any predictions.     Luck would be ready whenever he was ready --- period.

The only person who spoke authoritatively about Luck being ready for the start of the season was Irsay,  and that was during the summer.     Even Irsay abandoned that in July before camp opened.

Your memory is playing tricks with you.     And if you don't believe me,  check out Superman's post earlier in this thread.

It's funny how some people think he'll be back week 1 while others are thinking late October or even (heaven forbid) he goes on IR. There's literally no way of knowing, which is why I'm not gonna have any expectations anymore regarding the recovery.

I'm hoping Luck comes back soon but am also fully prepared to support Scott Tolzien as the temporary QB for the next little while.

11 hours ago, Archer said:

I don't think the team knows exactly what to expect when Luck comes off PUP later this week and starts to practice with the team.  However, I think Luck physically at 75% is probably better than Tolzien or Morris who have less than 50% of Luck's mental command of the game.  Not to slur the backups, but Luck has a Manning-like understanding of the game and ability to process things...

That may all be well & good. However, going up against Rams DC Wade Philips straight out of the regular season recovery gate makes me nervous Archer. Let the backups take the piñata beating not Luck. 

Rust + Aaron Donald = A bad combination. It's not a question of Andrew's reads just that he hasn't been sacked yet & knocked around yet. 

16 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Not unless they get caught.....  League office does not allow anything close to this.....  we aren't the Patriots either!

It's only illegal if you get caught.... (this is sarcasm BTW)

Also, the league cannot stipulate who you spend your time with outside of the team facility. If luck and his receivers wanted to go down to a local park and throw a few balls around outside of practice, who are they to say no?

Personal time is personal time. It's not technically practising.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

That may all be well & good. However, going up against Rams DC Wade Philips straight out of the regular season recovery gate makes me nervous Archer. Let the backups take the piñata beating not Luck. 

Rust + Aaron Donald = A bad combination. It's not a question of Andrew's reads just that he hasn't been sacked yet & knocked around yet. 

I believe Aaron Donald is still holding out and not expected back by game 1...

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

As of right now they have said that he is highly likely to miss game 1 and fully prepared to miss the season.  I see another Bosa situation and a week 4 return.  New FO knows he is talented but might let him go a little before he breaks down.

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

As of right now they have said that he is highly likely to miss game 1 and fully prepared to miss the season.  I see another Bosa situation and a week 4 return.  New FO knows he is talented but might let him go a little before he breaks down.

Finally a LITTLE bit of good news for them Colts!

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

If I'm not mistaken, their FO stayed the same, the coaching staff got changes. Same GM at least.

I doubt he's willing to miss the full season so he can get one accrued season that would count towards UFA status but we probably won't see him play in game 1. As a football fan, it actually makes me sad because I love watching him.

3 minutes ago, Finball said:

If I'm not mistaken, their FO stayed the same, the coaching staff got changes. Same GM at least.

I doubt he's willing to miss the full season so he can get one accrued season that would count towards UFA status but we probably won't see him play in game 1. As a football fan, it actually makes me sad because I love watching him.

I agree, somewhere, somehow, Donald will get 6 games in and played under full pay status during this year to collect another accrued season. When?  Who knows.

10 minutes ago, Finball said:

Correct Snead is still there...my mistake.  I agree and hope he does not miss any game but week 1.  Players will always say they are prepared to miss the whole year but realistically this will not happen.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:23 AM, Archer said:

...but I think Luck will start Game 1.  I think the staff knew that his shoulder would probably be structurally fine by Week 1, and the plan all along was to activate him at the time of final cuts and start whoever gives us the best chance of beating the Rams.  I'm projecting that will be Luck...

:nutz:  yeah, well, I'm crazy too, cause I suggested this exact scenario to my husband last week.  I hope were right. :)

9 hours ago, Archer said:

I will admit that makes me feel a little better Archer. Whatever happens with Luck's return, I'll learn to live with it. 

"Let er roll, let er roll, let er roll" as Andrew would say. Thanks for the update on Donald BTW.