Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey Colt fans

Arodgers12

Greatest victory.  2006(played in jan 07) AFC championship game vs the Cheat-riots   The come from behind win to go to the Superbowl, no greater game. Game on the line between arguably the two greatest QBs of all time.  I was there working security for that game.  the atmosphere was unlike any other game I've ever been too.  Electric is an understatement.

Worst lost. December 2006 Jags game where MJD ran for over 300 yards on them.

8 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

Worst loss for me was the game against the Squeelers in the playoffs, when Bettis fumbled, Bethea(I think) recovered and was shoe stringed by Roethlesburger. Vander-slice was wide right on the kick. I vowed never to watch the Colts again but that didn't last long. :Cry:

It was Nick Harper. Who coincidentally, was stabbed in the leg by his wife the night before the game. Literally any other player would have taken it to the house.

Victory will be almost unanimous with that AFCCG win over the Pats.  My biggest loss would be the 20-3 playoff loss at the Pats.  Don't remember the year.  It was so odd b/c no one had slowed the offense all year.  Of course, we now know that the Pats certainly cheated to do that...so it makes sense.

Best win ever 06 afccg.

Worst ones ever: SB loss, Pitt playoff loss.

Honorable mention of greats Tampa MNF, Miami with having the ball only 15 minutes, Denver snow game, Denver beatdown at RCA in PO's.

I still think my favorite of the luck era was the Detroit game his rookie year. Him taking complete control of the game taking it to the red zone and then gearing up ready to throw a block for Garçon as he reached the end zone really made me realize how special luck js

Been a fan since 1984 so I have a long history here.

My 5 best victories

1. It should be beating the Pats in the 2006 Title Game (the real SB) but if we don't win the SB it wouldn't of matter so beating the Bears in the 2006 SB is #1.

2. Beating the Pats in the 2006 Title Game of course

3. Beating Denver in 2014 at MileHigh in the Divisional Round, Andrew's best win. They were 8 point favorites and we beat Peyton and Von Miller on their home turf.

4. Beating the Jets in the 2009 Title Game, gave us our 2nd Conference Title.

5. Beating the Chiefs in 1995 at KC in the Divisional Round, Harbaugh's best win.

5b - Beating the Ravens at Baltimore in the 2006 Divisional Round. Winning there where fans hate us and taking down Ray Lewis was huge, that set the Playoff Championship tone in 2006!

My 5 worse losses

1. Losing to the Saints in the 2009 SB. Onside Kick, Freeney injured, Peyton pick! Losing the SB sucks! I didn't watch anything Football related for a month after that.

2. Losing to the Steelers in the 2005 Divisional Round. We had the best team in Football that season and lost!

3. Losing to the Patriots in the 2003 Title Game at New England

4. Losing to the Patriots in the 2004 Divisional Round at New England

5. Houston beating us at home last season without JJ Watt, that was very disappointing and basically ended our season. Losing to Brock at home is pretty embarrassing and it cost us the Division and a Playoff spot in probability. That was a stinging loss and we had no business losing to Brock freakin OZ at home and a JJ wattless team.

33 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Agree with most that the 2006 playoffs were the best wins. 

The KC playoff win was a big one from more recent history. 

Steelers in '05 was a roller coaster... But ultimately a real heart breaker. 

I didn't include Regular Season wins but there were a lot of those too. 2009 vs the Pats (4th and 2), 2003 at Tampa (Peyton down 21 with 4 minutes left/no problem), 2012 vs GB (Chuck strong + Luck to Wayne), 2013 vs KC - 28 point comeback, that was a Playoff game though.

Eric Dickerson on Halloween night in 1988, trick or treat! We made Elway and Denver look silly!

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't include Regular Season wins but there were a lot of those too. 2009 vs the Pats (4th and 2), 2003 at Tampa (Peyton down 21 with 4 minutes left/no problem), 2012 vs GB (Chuck strong + Luck to Wayne), 2013 vs KC - 28 point comeback, that was a Playoff game though.

Eric Dickerson on Halloween night in 1988, trick or treat! We made Elway and Denver look silly!

I just happened to be in Denver that Halloween night watching the game in 1988.  I was a long haul driver and was watching the game at the Union 76 truck stop in Denver. Me and my wife were the only Colt fans in the room and it was excellent needless to say.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just happened to be in Denver that Halloween night watching the game in 1988.  I was a long haul driver and was watching the game at the Union 76 truck stop in Denver. Me and my wife were the only Colt fans in the room and it was excellent needless to say.

That was just Dickerson being Dickerson, he destroyed those fools single handedly. Before that game Elway was talking trash about Colts Football and Dickerson got wind of it. Maybe that is why what took place. All I know is, that was the greatest 1st Half performance by any RB I have ever seen.