Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moncrief & Luck

TKnight24

On 5/31/2017 at 6:48 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I think they do.  Or at least, they should.  There's over 40 games worth of film on him.  I think Moncrief has the physical tools of a WR1.  It's just a matter of utilizing him properly, drawing up plays designed to get him the ball, etc.

Moncrief needs to play a little "tougher", imo.

at times i think he gets manhandled and looks a little " Fleenor-esque."

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Dude, my dude, I don't mean to blow up your spot, but please name/show an example of Moncrief resembling Fleener.  Links would be appreciated.

Unless you prove me wrong, I'm going to say that Moncrief is our best Red-Zone threat.

:dunno:

36 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

He does not get manhandled so I really don't get where you are coming up with that. I have watched a lot of tape on him and the only problem I see with him is his lack of being used correctly.

Part of the problem is Luck hasn't really had the time to go through his progressions and force feeds Hilton. Then he uses Doyle as his dump off safety net.

Maybe if you looked at some tape of him you would notice something different?

42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He does not get manhandled so I really don't get where you are coming up with that. I have watched a lot of tape on him and the only problem I see with him is his lack of being used correctly.

Part of the problem is Luck hasn't really had the time to go through his progressions and force feeds Hilton. Then he uses Doyle as his dump off safety net.

Maybe if you looked at some tape of him you would notice something different?

I don't know (but I think I know) about you @crazycolt1 but I really like Moncrief as the Red-Zone option.

If anyone has a complaint about Moncrief in the Red-Zone, please direct your complaints to @Lucky Colts Fan

I will gladly address your complaints in the most civil of ways.  Or not.  Let the era of ODB as a WR commence.

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Dude, my dude, I don't mean to blow up your spot, but please name/show an example of Moncrief resembling Fleener.  Links would be appreciated.

Unless you prove me wrong, I'm going to say that Moncrief is our best Red-Zone threat.

:dunno:

One-trick , manhandled then.

ha

I have to laugh when people complain that Moncrief is a red zone threat and that is not good enough?????  Would you rather have 3 points or 6(most likely 7)???????????  I just don't get it?  Would you rather have a WR that has 1,000 yards and scores 5 tds or one that has 700 and 10 tds?  Give me the second guy every time, as last time I looked, the team with the most points wins.

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't recall ever seeing Moncrief get manhandled

Hmm. I swear i remember him getting bumped off routes, etc.

perhaps manhandled was a bit strong.

i just dont remember good separation.  And i watch most games 2 or 3 times.

i actually hope i'm wrrong. 

I do hope Rogers gets more touches tho.

29 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I have to laugh when people complain that Moncrief is a red zone threat and that is not good enough?????  Would you rather have 3 points or 6(most likely 7)???????????  I just don't get it?  Would you rather have a WR that has 1,000 yards and scores 5 tds or one that has 700 and 10 tds?  Give me the second guy every time, as last time I looked, the team with the most points wins.

I think most just are surprised he isnt more effective outside of the red zone.  But i agree, nothing wrong with his red zone production.  I'm sure some of it has to do with the rest of the vertically challenged receivers.  If i'm not mistaken, our new receiver from the ravens had success in red sone too.

we cant blame it all on moncrief. Luck and chud are involved too.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think most just are surprised he isnt more effective outside of the red zone.  But i agree, nothing wrong with his red zone production.  I'm sure some of it has to do with the rest of the vertically challenged receivers.  If i'm not mistaken, our new receiver from the ravens had success in red sone too.

I completely agree...he runs a nice "out" route towards the sideline.  It should be used more to keep the chains moving.

36 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yeah, I can't argue with that point at all. I think we're all just a tad bit frustrated that our division dominance of past seasons isn't as frequent as it once was, which puts Colt fans on edge. We will return soon. 

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I can't argue with that point at all. I think we're all just a tad bit frustrated that our division dominance of past seasons isn't as frequent as it once was, which puts Colt fans on edge. We will return soon. 

I still think the main problem is the offensive game plan. However, that doesn't absolve Andrew for his poor play at times. He's got to improve with his reads and throws in order to reach his full potential

• 2 weeks later...