Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which LB

So the question I bring up here is; which free agent LB would you rather us sign? Zach Brown or Dont'a Hightower. Both would help this team in its weakest area but in different ways.

Brown is a WILL. He is good in coverage and will rack up the tackles.

Hightower is a MIKE. Not to great in coverage but demands respect in the run game and is a good blitzer. 

Personally I would rather have Hightower. With Jackson gone that leaves us really weak against the run and lacking a leader for our defense. I know he wasn't the greatest but he did help our run D tremendously. When he went out at the end of the season teams began running all over us like the Pats did. Hightower can come in and solidify that spot for us and be the leader the defense needs. I know most want a LB that can cover but defending the run comes first to me. If we bring him in then drafting someone like Anthony Walker for the WILL spot could make our starting LB core strong. Not world breaking but not a weakness either. 

Let me know what yall think the better choice would be, or if there is someone else we should consider bringing in.

Hightower can cover. He's no Kuechly but he's no 2 down LB either. Or if he can't there are very few LBs in the NFL who can actually cover. JMO.

I think he either re-signs or gets the tag though. He'd be my #1 target but I highly doubt Pats will let him get away with all the cap space they have. He already has had some injury issues too but I think I'd be wiliing to make him among the highest paid ILBs in the NFL,

Brown is my #1 realistic target but that will depend on the money. Not sure I'd sign him to a bigger deak than what Trevathan got. He's only had one really good year and no one in the NFL wanted him last year, no one saw how well he could play.

After those guys, LBs look pretty weak. Hodges, Riley and Minter have had some good years in the past, I think.

Brown. Better all around ILB. Hightower is very good against the run but not great in coverage. Brown is good in coverage and is also good against the run.

I'd also like to look at Mychal Kendricks in a trade if Philly want to move on.

A good MIKE is easier to find than a good WILL. I'd also like to look at Anthony Walker Jr from Northwestern. Mid to early round guy and has the skills to be a good WILL.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Some interesting

http://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/02/18/colts-could-consider-these-top-7-under-the-radar-free-agents/

Some interesting guys here. Could definitely see some of them on Ballard's buy list.

I would like Pazstor and Micah Hyde.  Green Bay is not letting Hyde leave though IMO.  He is a solid player all around and I would love to have him though.

11 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Just wondering, did you check out the entire list of this years top pass rushers from the JPP piece?

I have looked at it yes...My comment was in regards to the list you posted about the under the radar guys.  

As to the list you are referring to, I personally would not want anything to do with JPP.  Plus the closer we get to the start of FA the more likely I see both Ingram and Perry staying with their current teams.  There are some good FA's out there that if the hit the market I would love to have.  Pazstor or Kelvin Beachum are good young RT's that could come in day 1 and make an impact.  Tony Jefferson would be a nice addition, Zach Brown as well.  And so on and so on.....

This is actually a hard one IMO. But give me High. We can get a good coverage LB in the 2nd or 3rd. Cunningham, Davis in the 2nd, McMillian in the 3rd. Look at the ILB's who have went in the 2nd and 3rd the last 2 years. Hicks, Kendricks, Jones off the top of my head. There's a handful of guys I wouldn't mind in the 2nd-3rd range, and a couple in the 4th. Anzalone will be a stud IMO. Hope he falls to the 4th. Then I like Anthony Walker too. But Jalen Reeves Maybin is going to be the steal of this draft is he's healthy. So I think its possible we could come out with both starting ILB's in this draft. IMO. JRM is going to be this years Deion Jones.