Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hockey fans?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Buckner got Covid though. Technically not an injury but an illness. Honestly something that's causing a lot of players to be out when they shouldn't. So it's really frustrating from a fans and team perspective because it adds extra players that are out when they normally wouldn't be.
    • My thoughts and prayers with Riggo... Get well kid!
    • When Philip Rivers & the Chargers “mutually agreed to part ways”, Rivers stated that he only wanted to play an additional 2 years, and this is the 1st of them. He's already been hired as the Head Coach of an Alabama High School, so if he returns it's only for next season. Still a good opportunity to move on from Jacoby, and have Eason as the #2 and maybe some inexpensive, veteran journeyman as the #3 and emergency quarterback.
    • TEN was down their starting Clowney (PFF grade 74.9 and has played 54% of their snaps)...and Jayon Brown (PFF grade 65.7 and has played 84% of their snaps). They were missing their Pro Bowl LT...as well as their reliable slot WR.   Compare that to losing Autry (PFF grade 55.2 and has played 56% of snaps) and Okereke (40.5 PFF grade and has played 73% of snaps)...and losing Kelly and AC (for most of the game)...and having Taylor out.   Buckner is definitely the best player that was out for both teams...and it put the Colts at a disadvantage. But like you said...injuries happen...and that wouldn't/shouldn't explain how badly they got beat in this game.
    • Most teams have a couple of WR who play most downs and several other guys who play in different sets.   I don't recall Pittman ever running a downfield route though now that you mention it.  I'm sure he has I just don't recall it.  He was lost Sunday.  He was no reading well, but I think he's going to be good.   AJ Brown is really good.  He's worthy of a top 5 pick, but no one expected that before the draft or he would have went much higher.  He is definitely a stud.  But Davis is a mediocre JAG and a huge overdraft (he was the 5th pick just a few years ago.  If you switched those two picks you have a wash.       JT doesn't have the cutting ability to run a wheel route in all likelihood.  He will be a behind the line pass catcher, not a route runner IMO.  That is just who he is.  He has shown he won't drop a screen or a dump off, but that is different tha downfield routes.   He's a track star, but track guys run in a straight line.  That's my biggest issue with JT.  He would be bad at jet sweep in the slot for mutiple reasons 1.  If he's in the slot, he's probably not going to catch a pass down the field because he does't cut well enough to run downfield routes  2.  He doesn't run well laterally so the cut up on the sweep is not his forte.  3.  Every LB in the world woud know the jet sweep was coming as soon as JTs motion started.   He needs to be an I back.  IMO the only time he looked like a guy that might be a decent runner was against GB downfield from under center.   I hated the JT pick so high for an RB with so many other needs, and he has been far from encouraging as a runner to me, UNTIL those few flashes of being a one cut guy that might get going.  JT is a very limited player IMO, and is definitely a guy who is limited in what he can do.  
  • Members

• J@son

J@son 7,465

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 14,241

• Coltpwr

Coltpwr 0

Rookie
    • Flash7

Flash7 2,713

• Old Colt

Old Colt 367