Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

National media NOT feeling the retainment of Chuck

bluephantom87

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2017 at 4:04 PM, Coltfreak said:

There is more talent on this yrs squad that there was the r we went to the AFCCG

It's very difficult to assess the talent level of the Colts players. The performance and execution isn't there, usually, but it's hard to correlate that with the talent of the players. Sometimes, they do play well as a team but they can be very inconsistent. Can you explain that? I can't.

53 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

It's very difficult to assess the talent level of the Colts players. The performance and execution isn't there, usually, but it's hard to correlate that with the talent of the players. Sometimes, they do play well as a team but they can be very inconsistent. Can you explain that? I can't.

Has to fall back to preparation, and scheme.... 

8 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Must have been Pep Hamilton then 

So Pep is good for 3 wins and 2 playoff wins? He must be the best coordinator in football, shame we lost him. In all seriousness, our defense has never been good during the Luck era but that defense was certainly better than the one we have now. Offenses seem more or less even, slightly better O-Line now.

The debate about candidates being skeptical has been pretty extensively covered here so to keep it short, even with Grigson and his toxic culture gone, there are still a lot of questions. Candidates will want those answers and they could not like them.

It's good that no requests have been denied though, it means candidates are at least intrigued.

17 hours ago, Superman said:

I see that as being the opposite. Arians gameplans when Pagano was sick were maddening, IMO. When Pagano came back for that Texans game, everything was shorter concepts, and Luck only got sacked once. He had been sacked 12 times in the previous three games, and that Chiefs game the previous week was particularly ugly for the offense.

As for Chud, if he were with a good offensive head coach, I think the gameplans and adjustments would be better. 

I like both coaches. I will start with that, I think Chuck should stay as coach, HOWEVER it's very difficult to compare offenses as Andrew was a rookie QB at the time. I would say Andrew is more prone to forcing the issue back then, compared to where he is now. He made great strides in decision making this season. 

Comparing a few games in a rookie season is difficult to do, rookie QB's are incredibly inconsistent. 

28 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

I like both coaches. I will start with that, I think Chuck should stay as coach, HOWEVER it's very difficult to compare offenses as Andrew was a rookie QB at the time. I would say Andrew is more prone to forcing the issue back then, compared to where he is now. He made great strides in decision making this season. 

Comparing a few games in a rookie season is difficult to do, rookie QB's are incredibly inconsistent. 

I'm talking about the play calling and the passing concepts. The stuff I've been complaining about with Chud is the same stuff I was complaining about with Arians. I've never liked Arians' play calling, going back to Pittsburgh. 

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The debate about candidates being skeptical has been pretty extensively covered here so to keep it short, even with Grigson and his toxic culture gone, there are still a lot of questions. Candidates will want those answers and they could not like them.

It's good that no requests have been denied though, it means candidates are at least intrigued.

Yeah I was pretty excited to see Chris Ballard accept the interview request. I figured Paton and the Seattle guys would but wasn't sure about Ballard.

I think too much is being made about keeping Pagano for 2017. It appears Irsay has looked around and it is only a matter of time before Pagano is replaced. Plus, it seems likely if they did replace Pagano at this point that it would be with a first-time Head Coach. I think it makes some sense to let your new GM, who will likely be a first-time GM, get a year under hist belt before making the coaching hire. 

I think the issue with hiring a new GM will be the Peyton Manning rumors.