Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Pagano stays... Do Colts hire his brother?

1959Colts

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hire him for what? Theres no openings on defense.

I don't want him to, or even think he will. But, they can always make a position kind of like Chud had before he became OC if they really wanted to. ... they could create a position like Associate HC/Assistant DC or something along those lines. 

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hire him for what? Theres no openings on defense.

...No openings yet.

Last year, when Manusky was fired and the search began for a new DC, some expected the Colts to pursue John Pagano. But John was retained by the Chargers and unavailable for the Colts.

So then, either Chuck (and/or) Ryan Grigson decided (or settled for?) on hiring Ted Monachino.

The defense was absolutely terrible under Monachino this past season. And finished nearly last in the league in many categories. Hardly any ringing endorsement.

It would not shock me, if Irsay and the new GM are committed to giving Chuck Pagano their full support...

That, if Chuck wanted his brother to join the coaching staff, that the management would oblige, and allow him to hire his brother John.

9 hours ago, Green_Ranger said:

I don't even want the Pagano that we have and you want us to hire another???

I never said I want them to hire John.

My opinion is, in order for the team to succeed going forward, Chuck needs be replaced.

And I certainly don't want John Pagano hired.

I simply started this post to point out how:

John Pagano is now available and looking for a job. And an obvious spot for him to land is Indianapolis. 

Well, John Pagano will not be hired by the Redskins.

Josh Wilson Retweeted Mike Garafolo

Good for Greg Manusky.

Josh Wilson added,

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo Redskins to promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet. This will be his fourth stint as a DC.

I will say No because Irsay had his fill of Nepotism with the Polian situation (in my humble opinion) it was what brought down the mighty Billy P. so doing it with a coach that is teetering on a 1 and done deal  for the last (3) years if you include this "Pagano is our coach for 2017" campaign as the 3rd.