Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

43 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Just seen something last night about him saying he wants to re-sign with Houston.

The FA list is going to shrink dramatically before players even become available. 

True, but they all say that.  The FA list will shrink but we will still have our chance to add a few impact FA. 

9 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Man I'm just hoping for one. We've never got a good young player from FA in the Grigson era. There was a lot last year. 

I think Grigson will pretty much be forced to sign some good players out of free agency this year. We will probably have 60+ million in cap space, I'm assuming a few players will be cut or not brought back. We should have enough to sign some good ones, after this past season Grigsons probably a bit in panic mode and knows he has to hit homeruns this offseason.

45 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

He's my no.1 priority in FA right now. Along with Melvin Ingram maybe..

I was talking to a chargers fan today, and he said that Melvin wanted to go to miami.. so we'll see how that pans out.

34 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Grigson will pretty much be forced to sign some good players out of free agency this year. We will probably have 60+ million in cap space, I'm assuming a few players will be cut or not brought back. We should have enough to sign some good ones, after this past season Grigsons probably a bit in panic mode and knows he has to hit homeruns this offseason.

This is exactly how I think about it too.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Maybe the opposite will happen. Maybe since Jim clearly has waning confidence in this regime, he will dictate to not go out and blow money that will just put their inevitable 2018 replacements in the hole. I know,  I kinda feel it will be more like they way you put it, but im just playing devil's advocate. It's hard to be excited entering free agency given Grigsons poor track record.

I can't see Houston letting this kid hit the market. You don't see too many up and coming 25 year olds hit the market. Teams will do everything possible to keep talent like that in house and would be much more willing to cut other guys to save this kid. Much better chance of Johnson, Gillmore, Kirkpatrick, Claiborne hitting the market then this kid.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I can't see Houston letting this kid hit the market. You don't see too many up and coming 25 year olds hit the market. Teams will do everything possible to keep talent like that in house and would be much more willing to cut other guys to save this kid. Much better chance of Johnson, Gillmore, Kirkpatrick, Claiborne hitting the market then this kid.

Claiborne has been real good this year.

5 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

This is the first year Clairborne really started playing well, and he was injured quite a bit. Gilmore didn't play as well this year without the rush. Aj would be the best but we would have to pay a lot to get him.

I would consider pursue all of them and get the one that comes cheaper.