Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shanahans

gnet550

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

94 Brown's. Vinny Testeverde

I think they might have won a playoff game too.  But overall BB hasn't done much without Brady.....that doesn't mean he isn't a great coach. Not that you need this explained.

17 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Because?  Miss the playoffs with Matt Cassell?

he went 9-7 that year though and he went 3-1 with back ups and then back ups to the back ups this year. The rub here has been that without Brady, BB system would still get this team to a high competition level and probably still win the division in it's current state. Who knows but what I will say is that until Denver got the RB with his elite QB, that team underachieved. Griese and Plummer had their own skill sets that helped the team. They weren't an elite status qb but they were skilled qb's nonetheless.

At any rate, I don't want old man Mike Shannahan running this show in Indy. His son could be another story but I wouldn't want him to have complete control having never been a head coach yet nor would I want his dad running it.

10 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

he went 9-7 that year though and he went 3-1 with back ups and then back ups to the back ups this year. The rub here has been that without Brady, BB system would still get this team to a high competition level and probably still win the division in it's current state. Who knows but what I will say is that until Denver got the RB with his elite QB, that team underachieved. Griese and Plummer had their own skill sets that helped the team. They weren't an elite status qb but they were skilled qb's nonetheless.

At any rate, I don't want old man Mike Shannahan running this show in Indy. His son could be another story but I wouldn't want him to have complete control having never been a head coach yet nor would I want his dad running it.

Sounds like you just don't like Shanahan. You give credit to BB for missing the playoffs with Cassell, yet overlook the fact the Shanahan made it to the AFCCG with Jake plummer.....beating BB and Brady along the way (I think).

greise was a jag 

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

Sounds like you just don't like Shanahan. You give credit to BB for missing the playoffs with Cassell, yet overlook the fact the Shanahan made it to the AFCCG with Jake plummer.....beating BB and Brady along the way (I think).

greise was a jag 

I don't have any dislike personally toward Shannahan but I think he is an outdated coach and doesn't fit anymore in today's NFL. As for BB, if you think BB isn't the best HC in the league today, I don't know what to tell you. I hate the pats and wished he would just retire to see if someone else could duplicate his success but that's a whole other story. 

Im not a fan of recycling these old coaches because they once had success years ago and people want that big splash name. I'd rather go for a newer breed of coach with either one time head coaching or a really nice résumé on his record. It's really that simple to me. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I don't have any dislike personally toward Shannahan but I think he is an outdated coach and doesn't fit anymore in today's NFL. As for BB, if you think BB isn't the best HC in the league today, I don't know what to tell you. I hate the pats and wished he would just retire to see if someone else could duplicate his success but that's a whole other story. 

Im not a fan of recycling these old coaches because they once had success years ago and people want that big splash name. I'd rather go for a newer breed of coach with either one time head coaching or a really nice résumé on his record. It's really that simple to me. 

BB is the best coach in the NFL....I never said otherwise.

look around pro and college sports and who see the best coaches are....old guys lol.

1 hour ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

I wouldn't be excited about signing Mike Shanahan (plus it would cost a bunch of money and we'd be better off using that to attract a defensive coordinator). Now Kyle Shanahan? Absolutely. 

Why does anyone other than irsay care about how much the coach makes?? 

12 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

An interesting idea could be to put Mike as GM and Kyle as HC. Mike has great scouting ability. He had the foresight to draft Kirk Cousins and has stated that he was high on Andrew Luck since day 1. Snyder wanted RGIII and the Shannahan's were some how able to get a playoff birth out of a terrible QB. Plus Mike is responsible for Sharp, Davis, and Morris. Not my top choice but I wouldn't mind him as GM.

The reason you don't want to do that is when Mike had control of the draft in Denver --- during the Cutler years --- he did poorly.      It was written that Mike the GM didn't serve Mike the HC very well.

As a coach,  he's very good,  but I think his best days are behind him.

As a GM.....   well.....     not so much.     Keep him away from personnel decisions.

I think Kyle is the Shannahan that the Colts want.

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why does anyone other than irsay care about how much the coach makes?? 

People are obsessed with how much sports persons make but could care less how much actors and actresses make, which is far more for less work. Doesn't make any sense. They aren't paying it. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The reason you don't want to do that is when Mike had control of the draft in Denver --- during the Cutler years --- he did poorly.      It was written that Mike the GM didn't serve Mike the HC very well.

As a coach,  he's very good,  but I think his best days are behind him.

As a GM.....   well.....     not so much.     Keep him away from personnel decisions.

I think Kyle is the Shannahan that the Colts want.

Well, they better get on it before he takes the SF job. 

7 hours ago, BOTT said:

BB is the best coach in the NFL....I never said otherwise.

look around pro and college sports and who see the best coaches are....old guys lol.

In college that may be true, but how many of those old guys ever cross over into the NFL? BB is either the brightest coach in the league or he has some secretive cheating mechanism to steal the other teams plans and/or overhear their communications, neither would shock me but he certainly has provided a good product for new England fans to see for too long now.

As for old guys being the best thing, you may have some validity to the argument however, being out of the game for too long ( Shanahan has not met that threshold yet IMO) is not a good thing. I just wasn't as impressed with how Shanny operated his teams, and probably more so in Washington. Doesn't really matter as I don't see Shanny coaching again.

What has Mike Shanahan done since the late 90s??? Washington was a joke with him at the helm. I would rather keep pagano than Mike Shanahan. We need a coach that will build a monster and keep building that ruthless attitude.

Sent from my SM-G935P *

14 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

People are obsessed with how much sports persons make but could care less how much actors and actresses make, which is far more for less work. Doesn't make any sense. They aren't paying it. 

I only care what I make really when all comes down to it. As for athletes making $$$. The only thing that matter here is that they fit a team under the cap and spend wisely but other than that, I don't care.