Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Should Come Back

PrincetonTiger

People are making a big deal about Belichick being ahead of the NFL and doing something that's never been done before. This two tight end offense was pioneered by Tom Moore and Peyton Manning a long time ago.

Yep, too bad that Tamme and Clark weren't given a chance "yet" to carry on the tradition. I agree though that Belly boy didn't invent it nor was I implying it, nor really care either way...lol! I would like to see a healthy Clark and Tamme try it. btw, there is a rumor Belly and brady invented the forward pass...don't let it upset you ;)

Yep, too bad that Tamme and Clark weren't given a chance "yet" to carry on the tradition. I agree though that Belly boy didn't invent it nor was I implying it, nor really care either way...lol! I would like to see a healthy Clark and Tamme try it. btw, there is a rumor Belly and brady invented the forward pass...don't let it upset you ;)

Just looking out for my Indy guys. Of course, neither Dilger nor Pollard (and not even Clark) did what Gronkowski is doing right now.

Just looking out for my Indy guys. Of course, neither Dilger nor Pollard (and not even Clark) did what Gronkowski is doing right now.

I was just goofing man :)...though I do agree with you! Pollard was an ex basketball player turned NFL TE...now that's the rage! Moore was an innovater!

Mathis, Tamme, Reggie or Garcon with a good wide out drafted if one is gone. One guy I'd like to see back is Bob Sanders at around the vet minimum with insentives for playing for playing in a certain amount of games. He could bring some leadership and experience. And if he can stay healthy he could be an impact player and give good depth and be used in a situation/rotational capacity. And if he does get injured again then we didnt lose much on the cap. I would just love to have Bob back and see him retire as a Colt

Anderson & Brayton-- two bright spots on a dismal year. Liked thier effort and you can't have too much good depth on the DL If I had to choose, Anderson.

Mathis- what D coach would not want to have him? Sure that he will get offers though and not sure we will have the $ to match

Wayne/Garcon- Wayne may be getting a little older, but still think he is one of the best WR's out there- regardless of who is playing QB, we will need to give them some help. Outside of Wayne and Garcon, well there is Collie and not a lot else that could give our O a boost. Will probably have to settle for one or the other though b/c I don't think we have the cap space to pay two top 10 WR salaries- probably Garcon if they have to choose

Tamme- Great team player, one of the few good Special teams players that we have

Wheeler- like Hagler, may keep coming around, but don't feel any special need to have him here

Saturday- if he wants to play, no doubt want him here

I too would like Tamme back and actually used in a two TE set (if Dallas is retained and can bounce back?) like The Pat's do.

Garcon

Mathis

Anderson

Wheeler

Brayton if cheap?

I add Sims to that list, he's a very athletic LB who can hit... hopefully the colts can get Conyer Fleener in the draft... its time to put away the tiny hybrid TEs because that does not help in the run at all so i wouldn't mind if tamme was not retained