Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Interview

Hoosier

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - personal
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - personal

I've never met a person on a forum who is as depressed and lives such a horrible life that they have to take their frustrations out on strangers over the Internet. You lack the ability to have a conversation without personal shots which says a lot about the person you really are. If you didn't have such a selective memory and didn't twist words to your liking you would know I'm all for manning coming back or going. I love pm he is a great player,one of the best ever. So to answer your immature,childish question no I won't cry because its a win win situation to me.

You should count yourself lucky he's replying to you. Most of the time when people call him out for being an utter imbecile, he sticks his fingers in his ears and screams nonsensical "facts" like Andrew Luck having a one in 33 million chance of winning a Super Bowl.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, but the peripheral nervous system has a far better track record of healing than the CNS, so be glad it's his triceps.

I don't have bad days. Other people just sometimes have much better days.

Why are you annoyed by that? Can they be annoyed at those who only joined this site when Luck became the front-runner? Why does it matter if they express their opinion in opposition to yours? You shouldn't feel the need to rush to Luck's defense every time someone does NOT worship him on here.

I doubt anybody joined this site because of luck that's just ignorant. Second u have a real problem with reading only what u want to see. Luck/rg3 isn't just luck it's luck or rg3. And u shouldn't feel the urge to try and attack someone every time they mention luck or rg3. Are u going to cry,pout or stop posting here when they draft one of those TWO qbs??

I hate to say this but my first impression was how old he looked to me. He must have been in a lot of pain in a year.......and the twins. :)

I still don't have a good feeling about all this though. And I get the feeling Peyton wants this over and done with if he is released.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - unnecessary
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - unnecessary

You should count yourself lucky he's replying to you. Most of the time when people call him out for being an utter imbecile, he sticks his fingers in his ears and screams nonsensical "facts" like Andrew Luck having a one in 33 million chance of winning a Super Bowl.

Oh he ignores me a lot. I've dm him several times and no response. I feel sorry for the guy.

Yes...Doogan the QB mathematical expert.

This folks is why we should NOT draft Luck.

We stand a better chance of winning more Super Bowls in the next 3 years with Manning than we would likely even sniff in 15 total years with Luck at the helm. That's mathematical fact.
no college QB is ever projected, mathematically, to reach a Super Bowl (roughly 1:33,000,000). That gives Luck a less than 0.001% chance of ever doing it with any team, let alone this one.

As you see taking a rookie QB means we will have a 0.001% chance to reach the SB so the wisest thing would be to not draft a QB at all. Whatsoever...you know since they mathematically only have a .001% chance of getting there. We should never take a rookie QB again. We should have probably not drafted Manning being it would have been 1 to 33 million odds. Irsay must have got real lucky!

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - more in the exchange
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - more in the exchange

No, I ignore the people who nerd rage when someone disagrees with them, or who don't know what they are talking about. In this case, I'm making an exception for you. No one called out anything, by the way, they are just pee-pee hurt when someone disagrees with their "Luck is the best QB of all-time" crusade. Also, I typed that from a phone, didn't get to finish, and it wasn't supposed to be 33,000,000, but thanks to autocorrect, that's what we got.

I'm working on the thread explaining the formula of championship probability among #1 overall prospects as we speak. It's long, and I'm permitted to divulge as much information as my employer permits. Seeing as how some of the information comes from a company who distributes to various odds-makers and all, and I value my job...

For the record, and in preview, I didn't say Manning guarantees us trips to the Super Bowl, only that mathematically he provides a better chance over the next 3 years than Luck does in 15. That, contrary to whatever it is you're spouting, is a fact. Sorry to say, but health permitting, it's a fact. Kyle Orton currently has a better chance than does Andrew Luck, because Andrew Luck only has collegiate numbers and passes the eye test.

You and MP can hug in your "we hate smart people" treehouse some more while I enjoy the positivity brought on by Peyton's interview.

@MP: I asked you a serious question. Why can't people disagree with you without you getting annoyed? I could care less that you disagree with me, and find it rather odd that it's so easy to get negativity from you. All anyone has to do is mention the word Luck and you flame up the boards in a heartbeat. Seriously, though...why get annoyed?

Yes...Doogan the QB mathematical expert.

This folks is why we should NOT draft Luck.

As you see taking a rookie QB means we will have a 0.001% chance to reach the SB so the wisest thing would be to not draft a QB at all. Whatsoever...you know since they mathematically only have a .001% chance of getting there.

I was lurking here last year around the draft. It might have doogan who claimed no way Polian would take an OT with the first pick and how if we did it would set us back and Peyton's shot to win another title.

Honestly, too many experts online at times.

I still am not sure I feel the sudden surge of optimism from today. I think people are searching. I still don't feel good about all this with Manning.

I said luck/rg3 and big deal that I think the colts shouldn't put all that money in one position and have a #1 overall pick ride the bench. We r starting over and Irsay will draft luck/rg3 it's really that simple.

Then why don't you just say you want Manning gone and be done with it? Sorry but that is the way I'm reading it. As far as money why don't you let the organization (Irsay) decide about the money issue and many times he has said it's not a money issue. JMO of course.

Not sure it's as simple as you keep saying and if it is give Irsay the simple answer he would probably like your imput.

I hate to say this but my first impression was how old he looked to me. He must have been in a lot of pain in a year.......and the twins. :)

I still don't have a good feeling about all this though. And I get the feeling Peyton wants this over and done with if he is released.

And this ^ is the type of observation women are better at than men in many instances.

Manning did say, "the sooner the better" when talking about concluding this matter. I could be wrong but I still don't believe there will be enough medical certainty and/or performance progression in five weeks to trigger the 28M bonus. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a healthy Manning back, just looking at this at face value. Saw an Irsay video interview where he said (paraphrasing) "I'll leave emotions out of it when making the decision on Peyton." We'll see.

And this ^ is the type of observation women are better at than men in many instances.

Manning did say, "the sooner the better" when talking about concluding this matter. I could be wrong but I still don't believe there will be enough medical certainty and/or performance progression in five weeks to trigger the 28M bonus. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a healthy Manning back, just looking at this at face value. Saw an Irsay video interview where he said (paraphrasing) "I'll leave emotions out of it when making the decision on Peyton." We'll see.

LOL because he looks old? Like people don't age. Get real.

First of all, Irsay IMO is going to draft Luck. I might be alone here, but I feel you have to choose. You take Luck or roll the dice with Peyton.

I just don't love the idea of two starting QBs on the roster.

I know I know. Favre and Rodgers. I spend time talking to Packers fans and many hated it. Did it work out? Yes. They have a yearly MVP caliber QB on their roster now following having a former one. But, the drama and the lost early years of Aaron still bug some. And the fact that no established QB wants to play mentor is also a factor.

Also with Favre, many told me he was irritated that they spent the first pick on a QB who sat on the bench instead of someone to help them win now.

And also if you bring back Peyton/he stays healthy (big if) you are talking about spending the first pick in the entire draft on a guy who won't help right away.

1. No, I ignore the people who nerd rage when someone disagrees with them, or who don't know what they are talking about. In this case, I'm making an exception for you. No one called out anything, by the way, they are just pee-pee hurt when someone disagrees with their 2. "Luck is the best QB of all-time" crusade. Also, I typed that from a phone, didn't get to finish, and it wasn't supposed to be 33,000,000, but thanks to autocorrect, that's what we got.

3. I'm working on the thread explaining the formula of championship probability among #1 overall prospects as we speak. It's long, and I'm permitted to divulge as much information as my employer permits. Seeing as how some of the information comes from a company who distributes to various odds-makers and all, and I value my job...

For the record, and in preview, I didn't say Manning guarantees us trips to the Super Bowl, 4. only that mathematically he provides a better chance over the next 3 years than Luck does in 15. That, contrary to whatever it is you're spouting, is a fact. Sorry to say, but health permitting, it's a fact. 5. Kyle Orton currently has a better chance than does Andrew Luck, because Andrew Luck only has collegiate numbers and passes the eye test.

6. You and MP can hug in your "we hate smart people" treehouse some more while I enjoy the positivity brought on by Peyton's interview.

I still can't work out if you're for real!! I genuinely hope you're on the wind up. Still, I managed to pick out a few choice comments in this post, six of the best...

1. It's not getting angry when someone disagrees, it's getting dumbfounded when somebody posts ridiculously ignorant nonsense. If you're so confident in your opinion (though I have no idea why you would be), then defend it more often.

2. Nobody has said Luck is the best QB of all time. Stop making things up to try to make yourself look better.

3. You're wasting your (clearly precious) time. Each prospect is different, each played for teams of varying skill so to use a stat like that is wasting your time. Give up.

4. But when "mathematical facts" like that are so ridiculous there's no point mentioning them? More people injured from a vending machine falling on them than get attacked by sharks, so by your logic, might as well swim up to a shark and hump it in the eye. Mathematically, I've less chance of dying than getting a can of coke from a machine.

5. Don't be stupid.

6. Don't be arrogant. You're not "smart", you just think you are.

Yes, we are an important part of the world. ;) We see things men don't.

Yes Peyton wants this taken care of the sooner the better he basically implied. Which means following the SB this thing is going to become more hard core then ever IMO.

If Peyton is going to play next year whether it's with the Colts or another team I believe he wants to know where he may be headed sooner then later.

That's not critical thinking; that's reading too much into it, and drawing a conclusion based on a personal bias. He would have said he has tried to get better, but he didn't. He said "I have" when speaking of getting better. His entire interview was positive, and delivered with confidence. The doctors said he's on pace to make the recovery. He's at no greater risk of injury now than someone playing this week. Why try to stretch what was said to make it appear gloomy when the tone of the interview was dramatically opposite of that?

No. I read it critically, and in context.

He said "I really feel good. I continue to make progress every day," he said. "Everything that the doctors have told me has been on point, which is encouraging to me. I just had a great day today with rehab, just got back from the facility, and that's what we continue to do. Just keep trying to get better. So far I have. That's the plan from here on out."

1) He was vague about what kind of progress he was continuing to make every day....is it throwing progress? or is it feeling good? From the context, I interpret it as continuing to make progress about feeling good every day. He must have been depressed lately.

2) He said he is encouraged that everything the docs told him has been on point. Without knowing what the docs told him, I cannot know if this is positive or not.

3) He has just got back from the facility where he had a good day of rehab, and he continues to go to the facility to rehab.

4) He is just trying to get better. I do not interpret that as he is necessarily getting better. I interpret that as he is trying, and he has been trying.

5) And he plans to keep on trying from here on out.

Tell me how you interpret it, sentence by sentence, and then we can see who is being biased in their interpretation.

Then why don't you just say you want Manning gone and be done with it? Sorry but that is the way I'm reading it. As far as money why don't you let the organization (Irsay) decide about the money issue and many times he has said it's not a money issue. JMO of course.

Not sure it's as simple as you keep saying and if it is give Irsay the simple answer he would probably like your imput.

I wish Manning didn't have to go, but how many times do you hear, "it's not about the money" and believe it? I'm of the opinion that it's always about the money. If the NFL wasnt a capped game it probably wouldn't be an issue but it is.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - No reason given

I still can't work out if you're for real!! I genuinely hope you're on the wind up. Still, I managed to pick out a few choice comments in this post, six of the best...

1. It's not getting angry when someone disagrees, it's getting dumbfounded when somebody posts ridiculously ignorant nonsense. If you're so confident in your opinion (though I have no idea why you would be), then defend it more often.

2. Nobody has said Luck is the best QB of all time. Stop making things up to try to make yourself look better.

3. You're wasting your (clearly precious) time. Each prospect is different, each played for teams of varying skill so to use a stat like that is wasting your time. Give up.

4. But when "mathematical facts" like that are so ridiculous there's no point mentioning them? More people injured from a vending machine falling on them than get attacked by sharks, so by your logic, might as well swim up to a shark and hump it in the eye. Mathematically, I've less chance of dying than getting a can of coke from a machine.

5. Don't be stupid.

Buddy, I've got a decade of helping seat juries and the like that says the complete opposite of what your mis-informed and mis-shaped opinion says. Fact.

Thats dandy and all if we are deciding a court case LOL. Please stop.

I trust Manning words when he says hes on schedule to complete his recovery. Not you, sorry.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Peytongirl, February 1, 2012 - No reason given

5. Don't be stupid.

hahaha I laughed so hard at this one, hahaaaaa

I wish Manning didn't have to go, but how many times do you hear, "it's not about the money" and believe it? I'm of the opinion that it's always about the money. If the NFL wasnt a capped game it probably wouldn't be an issue but it is.

I can agree with you but then Irsay it's not about the money so if he doesn't want to pay Peyton then be man enough and say I'm not forking out this much money and let everyone know that it is the money. Know what I mean? I'm getting tired of all the double talk and I'm betting we have an answer earlier than the 8th.

I also see a restructing of a contract in the picture.

You don't have a clue. End of file. There were 100s of instances where females were polled, specifically, on things exactly as described here and it's very interesting. You're in over your head. This exchange is over.

And what is being described here? Because he looks old to a woman on this forum (WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING). that plays into him not coming back from neck surgery to play football? LOL this is too good.

I can sit here and tell you that Peyton looks older now at 36 then he did at 21.

And what is being described here? Because he looks old to a woman on this forum (WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING). that plays into him not coming back from neck surgery to play football? LOL this is too good.

Like I said, you're clueless. I'm not gonna waste another breath on a rank amateur (at best) that doesn't have an idea & trying to make the tail wag the dog. One more try.....have a nice day.

I think he may play next year. Not sure where though. I think he may be too much a competitor to hang it up. I do think Irsay has been hoping Peyton would retire though to make this easier.

Can we end this Friday with a couple of heavy duty helicopters setting two containers on the front steps of Lucas Oil stadium? One contains Peyton's Statue, and the other contains one of those cool acrylic crates full of hundred dollar bills totalling 28 million dollars, and Irsay dressed as Willy wonka again at the podium saying ">>> you guys, we're keeping Manning AND drafting Luck!" ??? Please?

I can agree with you but then Irsay it's not about the money so if he doesn't want to pay Peyton then be man enough and say I'm not forking out this much money and let everyone know that it is the money. Know what I mean? I'm getting tired of all the double talk and I'm betting we have an answer earlier than the 8th.

Your the mod, you have to read all this stuff! Your going to see our collective chain yanked 100 different directions before the 8th. Any utterance from pretty much anyone in the media about Peyton is going to set pandemonium to the currently unholy alliance between the Manning and Colts fan camps around here. You can't get tired yet..how many days till March 8th?

I think everyone agrees that eventually the Manning era is to be over. Does it have to be now? do we have to deal in absolutes? Manning or LUCK? the fact that were even saying Lucks name in the same sentence as Manning baffles the mind. I sure minds with alot more insite are working on these decisions as I am also sure that these same minds need to be taking "all" of PM into this decison ie Everything hes done here. All this contingent upon the physical. Lord be with PM and hoping that he returns to the colts as QB or some other capacity. Regardless, those of u Luck, Luck, Luckers, don't be so quick to Railroad PM out. U may get ur wish and Luck "may" be a bust. would ya be posting then?

I think everyone agrees that eventually the Manning era is to be over. Does it have to be now? do we have to deal in absolutes? Manning or LUCK? the fact that were even saying Lucks name in the same sentence as Manning baffles the mind. I sure minds with alot more insite are working on these decisions as I am also sure that these same minds need to be taking "all" of PM into this decison ie Everything hes done here. All this contingent upon the physical. Lord be with PM and hoping that he returns to the colts as QB or some other capacity. Regardless, those of u Luck, Luck, Luckers, don't be so quick to Railroad PM out. U may get ur wish and Luck "may" be a bust. would ya be posting then?

I have no idea how good Luck may be but he is a talented and intelligent young man. If he is the future I will support him 100%. I won't be like one of the old Favre supporters who booed Rodgers at camp and sent him nasty letters since he "stole" their dream man's job.

Your the mod, you have to read all this stuff! Your going to see our collective chain yanked 100 different directions before the 8th. Any utterance from pretty much anyone in the media about Peyton is going to set pandemonium to the currently unholy alliance between the Manning and Colts fan camps around here. You can't get tired yet..how many days till March 8th?

All I can say is thank god I'm only a Chat Mod and don't have to keep things in order on the forum. :lol:

The chat is a lot easier than this. haha

You and MP can hug in your "we hate smart people" treehouse

I really hate to sound like a Doogan but ur the most ignorant person I've encountered in a long time. "we hate smart people" lmao was that ur immature attempt at an insult to my intelligence? It failed considering your obviously not one

And that dope with the Luck jersey.. come on over here and wave that jersey in my face.. id more than happy to stick that up and around your corner..
He's a dope for having a Colts Luck jersey?? But why? Luck is going to be on the Colts roster whether Peyton is playing here or not. That won't be the only Luck jersey you see so might as well get over it!

Like I said, you're clueless. I'm not gonna waste another breath on a rank amateur (at best) that doesn't have an idea & trying to make the tail wag the dog. One more try.....have a nice day.

lol just stop posting. The person's point you were even trying to prove completely switched their view. LOLATU

So I'm not even sure who is fighting with who over what anymore in this thread.

haha....

Well, me & Adam N. can prolly be alright after today....

DQ prolly ain't exchanging Christmas cards with MP in 2012....

and pretty much everyone wants Peyton to come back while most are slowly rekoning with the reality he probaby won't

go Colts :blueshoe: