Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

30% drop in TV ratings for the Colts

deedub75

I think ratings are down because the NFL let a few *ic players politicize the game, and they have lost some of the casual fans. Remember, a lot of the demographics is Joe or Jane Six Pack, and many were turned off by the kneeling antics, and the NFL doing nothing about it. 

As far as local Indy ratings and empty seats, it's simular to what I see in Baltimore. Both teams 8-8, not making the playoffs for a second year. Both fan

bases have been used to a better standard of football, and the disappointment will sometimes show in the stands, or ratings. I think both organizations have troubles, but both are close to making the playoffs with some good moves.  

I think if attendance and rating keep dropping for this team I think Indy could lose it's team forever. I don't agree with not supporting my team just because they have had a few bad seasons. Am I happy with the current state of the team not at all I think some change is needed but to say I won't support this team like many poster are saying is ridiculous and just proves how spoiled Colts fans have been for years now. Well see how fans feel when the trucks show up to take away our team. 

3 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

I think if attendance and rating keep dropping for this team I think Indy could lose it's team forever. I don't agree with not supporting my team just because they have had a few bad seasons. Am I happy with the current state of the team not at all I think some change is needed but to say I won't support this team like many poster are saying is ridiculous and just proves how spoiled Colts fans have been for years now. Well see how fans feel when the trucks show up to take away our team. 

They can't move,  The lease is through 2035

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They can't move,  The lease is through 2035

Ya I get that my point was more I'm just so sick and tired of all the spoiled fans complaining and saying they're not going to support the team anymore. I haven't missed a games since 2008 and this will continue for the rest of my life since I am a die hard fan. Sorry for the rant guys just tired of those fair weather fans. 

37 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Ya I get that my point was more I'm just so sick and tired of all the spoiled fans complaining and saying they're not going to support the team anymore. I haven't missed a games since 2008 and this will continue for the rest of my life since I am a die hard fan. Sorry for the rant guys just tired of those fair weather fans. 

I agree. Of course everything is better when they win. You're going to get told "we just expect more, don't want to be content like the Browns" 

But at the end of the day win lose or tie, the Colts are what I root for. I've spent so many hours, $$$, and even emotions invested in this team. I just can't imagine the people who just stop watching because an AVERAGE season.

6 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

I agree. Of course everything is better when they win. You're going to get told "we just expect more, don't want to be content like the Browns" 

But at the end of the day win lose or tie, the Colts are what I root for. I've spent so many hours, $$$, and even emotions invested in this team. I just can't imagine the people who just stop watching because an AVERAGE season.

I'm sure there are lots of fans out there like ourselves we just see more the negative side of the fan base here. I've been a season ticket holder since 2012 and I live 13 hours from Indianapolis. I don't go to every game though of course and most season I've been able to sell the games I don't go to to Colts fans at cost but after this season I'm not sure I will be able to continue since fan support has dropped so low. 

25 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

I'm sure there are lots of fans out there like ourselves we just see more the negative side of the fan base here. I've been a season ticket holder since 2012 and I live 13 hours from Indianapolis. I don't go to every game though of course and most season I've been able to sell the games I don't go to to Colts fans at cost but after this season I'm not sure I will be able to continue since fan support has dropped so low. 

You will be able to sell them

Just now, jvan1973 said:

You will be able to sell them

This year was a struggle tickets were going for under 20 bucks to a lot of games. Lost a lot of money this year. Love being a season ticket holder so will do everything in my power to make it work but can't keep take huge loses on the games I can't attend. 

11 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

This year was a struggle tickets were going for under 20 bucks to a lot of games. Lost a lot of money this year. Love being a season ticket holder so will do everything in my power to make it work but can't keep take huge loses on the games I can't attend. 

Pm me next year if you having trouble selling them.   Where are your seats?

On 1/3/2017 at 10:55 AM, deedub75 said:

I just heard that number on the local radio station. 

Is this an anomaly, or are the fans really fed up with this regime?

It appears the guys you were listening to were wrong.  Surprise

This is an article from October .

http://www.ibj.com/articles/60920-local-ratings-for-colts-games-increase-as-viewership-for-nfl-drops

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

It appears the guys you were listening to were wrong.  Surprise

This is an article from October .

http://www.ibj.com/articles/60920-local-ratings-for-colts-games-increase-as-viewership-for-nfl-drops

Was about to comment about this. Why would viewership go drastically down for a team that has been in a division race and competing in "must win" games for most of the season? Especially given how much more watchable the team is vs 2015.

Illegal streaming.

It's the big pink fire snorting elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowledge.

More and more people are getting rid of the (ridiculously expensive) cable/satellite bill in favor of devices that allow the free streaming of every channel known to man.

The media won't acknowledge it because it's their main competitor and they have no way of stopping it. It wouldn't help their case to tell their customers "hey, you could pay a 1 time fee of less than $150 and get every channel on the planet today, or you can keep paying us $100+ a month and get whatever we decide to give you."