Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers expected to clean house

RockThatBlue

Just now, snkdy said:

I saw the rumors that Brian Kelly wants out, but I doubt it happens.

Wants out?? It's a crime he is still there and hasn't been fired yet..Chip Kelly is an elite college coach, he would bring Notre Dame back pretty quickly...Oregon has went downhill bad without him..

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Wants out?? It's a crime he is still there and hasn't been fired yet..Chip Kelly is an elite college coach, he would bring Notre Dame back pretty quickly...Oregon has went downhill bad without him..

I see your point, I just don't think they'll fire him this season.

Lol, I bet Oregon wishes they had waited a little while longer before selecting Taggart.

1 hour ago, snkdy said:

I see your point, I just don't think they'll fire him this season.

Lol, I bet Oregon wishes they had waited a little while longer before selecting Taggart.

I'd be surprised if the Duck care. 

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Chip Kelly's not the kind of guy for ND, I would not think

I agree. He left the Ducks under NCAA investigation for use of a recruiting service. They were hit with 3 years probation and lost scholarships I believe. 

It will be interesting to see what Chip does.

It was suggested that he could leave San Fransico for the LSU job but I read that he isn't interested in going back to coaching college. That may or may not be true and can always change.

It's difficult to get a third chance as a head coach in the NFL. It seems likely that he will have to be a coordinator if he wants to stay in the NFL.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Chip Kelly interviewed for the Jaguars Offensive Coordinator position...Didn't think he would take a demotion.. Not sure if I would want them to hire him or not...Could be good for us or bad..

With Bortles...that would be a lot of quick three and outs....that would be good. With a better qb...yeah COULD be scary but I just don't see a guy like Chip working with Tom Coughlin but who knows...they are both well known hard @ss's.

As for the ND thing...it isn't like Brian Kelly has had a clean run organization there during his time. Can't remember so many academic and off the field issues as he has had. With Harbaugh and Meyer taking OSU and Michigan to prominence I'm sure ND wants to get back in the title hunt. They will continue to lose recruits to those schools now that they are back to relevance.