Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, HOZER said:

What has happened to Q, my my my.

Yeah 3-0 already. Not sure what is going on with Q. The Mets have been jumping out in front all series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game is over already lol.

6-0

 

wierd stuff going on. Schwarber attempts a bunt on third strike nobody on was really odd. Q is not on his game at all. Everyone seems to be in a funk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

6-0

 

wierd stuff going on. Schwarber attempts a bunt on third strike nobody on was really odd. Q is not on his game at all. Everyone seems to be in a funk.

One of those stinkers I guess haha . Cubs have had these from time to time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, this might be first game I shut off this season. Disgusting garbage effort today.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOZER said:

Yep, this might be first game I shut off this season. Disgusting garbage effort today.

Yeah imagine going/buying a ticket to this haha . That would be real bad lmao 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How we are in 1st place in the Central is a miracle actually. I still think we are good but the Brewers and Cards both have laid as many stinkers as we have luckily lmao 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here comes the comeback. Who is pitching for the Mets?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PrincetonTiger

Have you seen the Evansville Otters? I was talking with my sister-in-law's mother. She said her cousin's son just got signed by the Otters. His name is Chris Panzarella. I met his mother at my brother's wedding 6 years ago. Hope he does well for you Evansville. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards a game back and I expected the Top 3 to battle all season , but look where the Reds are I think they may be a bit short but don't count them out. Dog days of August will probably tell the story in this division. Who knows the moves that will be made at the trade deadline. This is one tough division from top to bottom.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL  I have not got a good read on the Mets , one second they look like world beaters the next oh well . Someone needs to reel in the Braves over there . I believe the Mets still can make a move . The Phillies are not as good as some thought they would be . Still a lot of season left , things may change totally .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@PrincetonTiger

Have you seen the Evansville Otters? I was talking with my sister-in-law's mother. She said her cousin's son just got signed by the Otters. His name is Chris Panzarella. I met his mother at my brother's wedding 6 years ago. Hope he does well for you Evansville. 

We were in Evansville last weekend and went to an Otters game.  Great experience. The field is about a hundred years old but is pretty well kept.  We were given free tickets because they had some turned back in by people who couldn't go. Concessions are priced nicely. A 16 oz beer for 5 bucks.  They have beer battered french fries which are the best. I enjoyed it so much.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

NFL  I have not got a good read on the Mets , one second they look like world beaters the next oh well . Someone needs to reel in the Braves over there . I believe the Mets still can make a move . The Phillies are not as good as some thought they would be . Still a lot of season left , things may change totally .

What is up Jay?

 

Remember I picked the Braves to win that division at the beginning of the season, it is still early though. In regards to the NL Central, the whole division is good and every team is spurty. Cubs are only up .5 over the Brewers and 1 over the Cards. Reds and Pirates even have had their moments so far this year. Hard to believe we are almost halfway through the season already but still away to go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading into June 23rd. The NL playoff teams would be:

Dodgers 53-25 (NL West leader, 1st spot)

Braves 45-32 (NL East leader, 2nd spot)

Cubs 41-35 (NL Central leader 3rd spot)

Brewers 41-36 (4th spot, WC)

Cards and Rockies both 40-36 tied for the final, 5th spot, WC)

 

-I still will stick with 3 teams making the playoffs in the NL Central = Cubs, Brewers, and Cards. I still have the Braves winning the East. Dodgers was the easiest pick of all of them in the West.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

We were in Evansville last weekend and went to an Otters game.  Great experience. The field is about a hundred years old but is pretty well kept.  We were given free tickets because they had some turned back in by people who couldn't go. Concessions are priced nicely. A 16 oz beer for 5 bucks.  They have beer battered french fries which are the best. I enjoyed it so much.

 

Thanks for sharing. That is good to know. If I ever visit that part of Indiana, I will have to go to a game there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

NFL  I have not got a good read on the Mets , one second they look like world beaters the next oh well . Someone needs to reel in the Braves over there . I believe the Mets still can make a move . The Phillies are not as good as some thought they would be . Still a lot of season left , things may change totally .

 

I don't know what to make of the Mets either. Their defense and their bullpen need to be greatly improved for them to be true contenders.

 

We still have half a season left and there is more than a month before the trade deadline. So, maybe they can upgrade in those areas before the season is lost. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I don't know what to make of the Mets either. Their defense and their bullpen need to be greatly improved for them to be true contenders.

 

We still have half a season left and there is more than a month before the trade deadline. So, maybe they can upgrade in those areas before the season is lost. 

Still a ways to go. Mets are still definitely in the WC hunt. I do like the Braves in that division. I was never sold on the Phillies, still not. They paid way too much for Harper. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still a ways to go. Mets are still definitely in the WC hunt. I do like the Braves in that division. I was never sold on the Phillies, still not. They paid way too much for Harper. 

 

As you know, I never wanted Harper or Machado, the $300+ million dollar guys. The Phillies built this All Star roster but are not playing up to par. Someone on the Mets site said that they have been slumping ever since McCutcheon got injured. I think he is out for the season. Harper has way underachieved. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

As you know, I never wanted Harper or Machado, the $300+ million dollar guys. The Phillies built this All Star roster but are not playing up to par. Someone on the Mets site said that they have been slumping ever since McCutcheon got injured. I think he is out for the season. Harper has way underachieved. 

Harper is a very good player, some think a great one but he isn't worth that type of money. JMO. I like Jake but is an all-time great Cub. McCutcheon getting injured does hurt them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harper is a very good player, some think a great one but he isn't worth that type of money. JMO. I like Jake but is an all-time great Cub. McCutcheon getting injured does hurt them.

 

Unlike Harper, Jake has played up to his contract so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs got 3 outfielders on the All Star Team. Over the offseason I heard rumblings that Bryant wanted Harper on the team. The Cubs are better without Harper. JMO. (I think Harper is solid but overrated.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cubs got 3 outfielders on the All Star Team. Over the offseason I heard rumblings that Bryant wanted Harper on the team. The Cubs are better without Harper. JMO. (I think Harper is solid but overrated.)

Bryant and Harper are really good friends and grew up together in Vegas. So I could see Bryant wanting him in Chicago. It was never going to happen though. Just too much money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win, Cubs win. Fly the flag Hozer. Still in 1st place in the NL Central heading into June 24th. El Mago was the hero today. Much needed win.

 

Cubs now 42-35

Brewers 42-36 (.5 back), they won today

Cards 40-36 (1.5 back), they play tonight.

 

well done applause GIF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baez with a 3 run homer, and Strop finally does his job!!!!! I’ll take a split against from what I saw the last 4 games a pretty damn good team!!! Imagine if they still had that player who shall remain nameless that still gives us fits!!!!!

 

6CA6C64A-328D-4B5C-987D-E7E4340F11D5.jpeg.cbd6c74eb60f280982443327f9ad4bd1.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Baez with a 3 run homer, and Strop finally does his job!!!!! I’ll take a split against from what I saw the last 4 games a pretty damn good team!!! Imagine if they still had that player who shall remain nameless that still gives us fits!!!!!

 

6CA6C64A-328D-4B5C-987D-E7E4340F11D5.jpeg.cbd6c74eb60f280982443327f9ad4bd1.jpeg

I figured it would take a HR late from either Bryant, Rizzo, or El Mago to beat them. The Mets are actually pretty good and played great against us. 2-2 is fine with me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Baez with a 3 run homer, and Strop finally does his job!!!!! I’ll take a split against from what I saw the last 4 games a pretty damn good team!!! Imagine if they still had that player who shall remain nameless that still gives us fits!!!!!

 

6CA6C64A-328D-4B5C-987D-E7E4340F11D5.jpeg.cbd6c74eb60f280982443327f9ad4bd1.jpeg

 

Lol. We are not good. The manager is one of the worst in baseball. How does he leave Lugo in there for another inning when he had thrown nearly 40 pitches in the 7th! Also, the manager gives our best hitter McNeil the day off only to bring him in in a double switch but he never gets to hit. The manager should have had McNeil pinch hit for Cano or Gomez. The double switch made no sense. :wall:

 

Anyway, time to move on. Lol. (It is a sarcastic laugh with me shaking my head.)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. We are not good. The manager is one of the worst in baseball. How does he leave Lugo in there for another inning when he had thrown nearly 40 pitches in the 7th! Also, the manager gives our best hitter McNeil the day off only to bring him in in a double switch but he never gets to hit. The manager should have had McNeil pinch hit for Cano or Gomez. The double switch made no sense. :wall:

 

Anyway, time to move on. Lol. (It is a sarcastic laugh with me shaking my head.)

Mets have a good team. You are a little hard them IMO. Alonso just gets a piece of the ball and it is flying over houses john cena lol GIF by Kids Choice Awards 2018

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mets have a good team. You are a little hard them IMO. Alonso just gets a piece of the ball and it is flying over houses john cena lol GIF by Kids Choice Awards 2018

 

One player does not make a team. If it was not for Alonso and McNeil, many Mets fans would not pay attention this year.

 

I had no problem with Friday's loss. We had a minor leaguer pitching and the whole game was bad. The manager lost this game for us. Even with better moves, we may not have won, but give your team a chance by playing the best players. He sits two of our best players in Conforto and McNeil against Hamels. SMH

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

One player does not make a team. If it was not for Alonso and McNeil, many Mets fans would not pay attention this year.

 

I had no problem with Friday's loss. We had a minor leaguer pitching and the whole game was bad. The manager lost this game for us. Even with better moves, we may not have won, but give your team a chance by playing the best players. He sits two of our best players in Conforto and McNeil against Hamels. SMH

And one manager doesn’t make a team either. I agree that those probably weren’t the smartest moves, but I saw a lot of heads up plays and great baseball played by the Mets the last 4 games. All managers make boneheaded decisions, trust me Maddens had his moments. LOL, I got yelled at by some parents yesterday for some decisions(and mistakes,lol) I made while coaching my sons little league team in the second round of our season ending tournament, that we unfortunately lost! I’m by no means on a MLB managers level, but went with my gut and did what I thought was best for our team. It was a tough after game speech I’ll tell ya......but I tell my boys all the time, some days it just wasn’t meant to be, C’este la vie!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

I'm telling you. This game was different. The normally calm and collected Mickey Callaway is feeling the heat. He realizes just as all the Mets fans on the site that he lost this for us. 

 

I normally don't get upset following baseball games. This one really upset me. All the Mets fans feel the same way. 

 

This particular sports journalist reportedly told the manager in a sarcastic tone, "See you tomorrow, Mickey", implying he may be fired. That is what got the manager enraged. If he felt secure in his job, that may not have bothered him. This game was bad. All the fans on the Mets sites, even normally level-headed ones, want him fired. It may come. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I'm telling you. This game was different. The normally calm and collected Mickey Callaway is feeling the heat. He realizes just as all the Mets fans on the site that he lost this for us. 

 

I normally don't get upset following baseball games. This one really upset me. All the Mets fans feel the same way. 

 

This particular sports journalist reportedly told the manager in a sarcastic tone, "See you tomorrow, Mickey", implying he may be fired. That is what got the manager enraged. If he felt secure in his job, that may not have bothered him. This game was bad. All the fans on the Mets sites, even normally level-headed ones, want him fired. It may come. 

I don't follow the Mets, he must make a lot of bad decisions, although I find it interesting that Vargas stuck up for him and fiercely went after the reporter. I also find it interesting that a lot of people act like it would have been a guaranteed win if he had left Conforto and McNeil in the lineup? Yes the Cubs played poorly the last couple of games but are dangerous at any moment. I know you said it would at least give them a chance against Hamels, so not singling you out. The Mets were doing fine and it looked like another win until El Mago got ahold of one!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I don't follow the Mets, he must make a lot of bad decisions, although I find it interesting that Vargas stuck up for him and fiercely went after the reporter. I also find it interesting that a lot of people act like it would have been a guaranteed win if he had left Conforto and McNeil in the lineup? Yes the Cubs played poorly the last couple of games but are dangerous at any moment. I know you said it would at least give them a chance against Hamels, so not singling you out. The Mets were doing fine and it looked like another win until El Mago got ahold of one!!!!

Baseball comes down to a lot of luck at times to whether a team a wins 85 or 95 games. Some of these teams are pretty even.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOZER said:

I don't follow the Mets, he must make a lot of bad decisions, although I find it interesting that Vargas stuck up for him and fiercely went after the reporter

 

The player may support him but that does not mean the manager makes good decisions. In the last few weeks, Syndergaard and deGrom displayed their displeasure with the manager. Someone said Thor called the manager a name that this site is blocking (5 letter word that starts with M and ends with N). I find that hard to believe. I'll have to check. 

 

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

I also find it interesting that a lot of people act like it would have been a guaranteed win if he had left Conforto and McNeil in the lineup?

 

You don't think that having had McNeil and Conforto in the lineup would have given the Mets a better chance to score more runs?

 

I never said the Cubs were not a very good team. Actually, I thought there was a good chance the Mets might get swept.

 

Anyhow, it is how we lost rather than the loss that bothers me. Play your best players. Also, it does not make sense to send Lugo out having just had a 30+ pitches inning, especially when you have the closer Diaz who has thrown only 12 pitches in the past 7 days.

 

Anyway, something will happen. There is a news conference scheduled for tomorrow to address what happened in the locker room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

The player may support him but that does not mean the manager makes good decisions. In the last few weeks, Syndergaard and deGrom displayed their displeasure with the manager. Someone said Thor called the manager a "*". I find that hard to believe. I'll have to check. 

 

 

You don't think that having had McNeil and Conforto in the lineup would have given the Mets a better chance to score more runs?

 

I never said the Cubs were not a very good team. Actually, I thought there was a good chance the Mets might get swept.

 

Anyhow, it is how we lost rather than the loss that bothers me. Play your best players. It does not make sense to send Lugo out having just had a 30+ pitches inning, especially when you have the closer Diaz who has thrown only 12 pitches in the past 7 days.

 

Anyway, something will happen. There is a news conference scheduled for tomorrow to address what happened in the locker room. 

I have never seen you take a loss like this. Enthusiasm is always nice sad homer simpson GIFupset homer simpson GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...