Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defjamz 2017 Mock 2.0

The season is almost over and it doesn't look like the Colts are in line to make the playoffs again. But they are in line for a top 10 pick. Maybe 10-15 depending on how some other teams do.

1. Charles Harris, Edge Missouri 

2. Raekwon McMillan, LB OSU

3. Demarcus Walker, Edge FSU

4. Cameron Sutton, CB Tenn.

4. Jamal Williams, RB BYU

5. Bucky Hodges, TE/WR Ole Miss

6. BPA

7. BPA

Theres so many pass rushers but I feel like Grigson will like Harris since he apparently liked Shane Ray.

. Love Charles Harris, and yes he is Shane Ray 2.0. Dude never stops. This guy is probably my pick pre combine in the 1st.

. McMillan is a solid pick as well. Takes his place net to DQ. I do question whether he'll be there at this point. The guy is a serious contender to rise post combine and sounds like hes going to be a strong character guy.

. Lawrence is interesting, I'm not sure if he'll be there at this point, although some teams may see him as a bit of a  tweener. He is a great pass rusher and would immediately contribute on passing downs, but I don't know enough about his game to give him a starting role just yet.

. Sutton is awesome. Love this kid. For me, I can see him going anywhere from mid round 2 to mid round 3. He'll rise post combine. Thus is unlikely to be there in the 4th.

. Williams is a solid back. Although he was 'redshirted' for an undisclosed violation of rules and sat out the 2015 season because of it. And was also arrested in 2014 for underage drinking. I think in the 4th there will be better runners with less red flags. I'm looking at Elijah Hood from North Carolina in the early 4th/late 3rd. 

. Bucky Hodges is solid, but sounds like one of those athletic tight ends that are all the rage right now. I think he gets overdrafted once he tests well.

Solid draft. Can't really fault the positions you've picked. We'll get a better idea post combine I think.

Good effort :thmup:

1 minute ago, UKColt13 said:

. Love Charles Harris, and yes he is Shane Ray 2.0. Dude never stops. This guy is probably my pick pre combine in the 1st.

. McMillan is a solid pick as well. Takes his place net to DQ. I do question whether he'll be there at this point. The guy is a serious contender to rise after post combine and sounds like hes going to be a strong character guy.

. Lawrence is interesting, I'm not sure if he'll be there at this point, although some teams may see him as a bit of a  tweener. He is a great pass rusher and would immediately contribute on passing downs, but I don't know enough about his game to give him a starting role just yet.

. Sutton is awesome. Love this kid. For me, I can see him going anywhere from mid round 2 to mid round 3. He'll rise post combine.

. Williams is a solid back. Although he was 'redshirted' for an undisclosed violation of rules and sat out the 2015 season because of it. And was also arrested in 2014 for underage drinking. I think in the 4th there will be better runners with less red flags. I'm looking at Elijah Hood from North Carolina in the early 4th/late 3rd. 

. Bucky Hodges is solid, but sounds like one of those athletic tight ends that are all the rage right now. I think he gets overdrafted once he tests well.

Solid draft. C. ant really fault the positions you've picked. We'll get a better idea post combine I think.

Good effort :thmup:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have McMillan there because I feel like Foster and Cunningham have risen above him. Early round 2 is where I like him.

And Walker I like a lot. Saw him absolutely take over the game against the Gators during rivalry week.

And you could be right about the RBs. It's a deep class. I also like James Connor there. Barkley from Penn State is another I like.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have McMillan there because I feel like Foster and Cunningham have risen above him. Early round 2 is where I like him.

And Walker I like a lot. Saw him absolutely take over the game against the Gators during rivalry week.

And you could be right about the RBs. It's a deep class. I also like James Connor there. Barkley from Penn State is another I like.

Always happy to give feedback!

Urban Meyer loves Raekwon. He raves about him. I can see him going in the 30-40 range so we might just miss the boat on him unfortunately.

Not sure why but I got Demarcus Walker mixed up with Demarcus Lawrence haha. Yeah I agree, I watched that game as well.

James Connor is a little too big for me if I'm honest. I'll reserve judgement on him until after I see how he tests. I don't know Barkley though, I'll keep an eye out for him.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The season is almost over and it doesn't look like the Colts are in line to make the playoffs again. But they are in line for a top 10 pick. Maybe 10-15 depending on how some other teams do.

6. BPA

7. BPA

Theres so many pass rushers but I feel like Grigson will like Harris since he apparently liked Shane Ray.

I think some of these guys who will go higher than you're expecting.

We'll start with Bucky Hodges who should not get past the 3rd round and may go even higher...

17 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

6. BPA

7. BPA

Nice one. I'm not sure Bucky Hodges will be there in the fifth. A lot of mocks project him going in the top 100. He's a lanky dude and seems to have good hands. If he fell to the 5th I'd love for us to take him.

I'm not too high on McMillan. I think I like Cunningham, Foster and Davis all better. I wonder if all of them would be picked by our pick in round 2?

Jamal Williams has been personal favourite of mine so I can't fault you for that one :)

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think some of these guys who will go higher than you're expecting.

We'll start with Bucky Hodges who should not get past the 3rd round and may go even higher...

Possibly. But I've been finding that it's better to mock guys lower because more guys that are mocked high are likely to fall.

Reggie Ragland, Mackenzie Alexander, and A'Shawn Robinson are 3 good examples from last draft. Guys projected to go super high by most analysts but fell on draft day.

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Possibly. But I've been finding that it's better to mock guys lower because more guys that are mocked high are likely to fall.

Reggie Ragland, Mackenzie Alexander, and A'Shawn Robinson are 3 good examples from last draft. Guys projected to go super high by most analysts but fell on draft day.

Yes,  and all those guys were gone by the middle of the 2nd round.      Roughly pick 50.     You've got Hodges falling to the 5th round.     Roughly pick 155.      Unless he's hurt, or has other red flag issues,  that's not happening.

I'm only saying this so that you understand why all the sexy names are gone before the Colts pick.

That's all......

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes,  and all those guys were gone by the middle of the 2nd round.      Roughly pick 50.     You've got Hodges falling to the 5th round.     Roughly pick 155.      Unless he's hurt, or has other red flag issues,  that's not happening.

I'm only saying this so that you understand why all the sexy names are gone before the Colts pick.

That's all......

True. But I figured that the lack of TE depth and the fact that he's viewed as a hybrid might push him down. I think Jake Butt is the top TE in this class and he might not go till the 3rd round. Maybe he goes higher though. I just haven't seen him mocked that high personally. But you could be right.

On 12/17/2016 at 4:52 AM, Defjamz26 said:

6. BPA

7. BPA

If we did this I'd.be very happy. I don't think Hodges is there in the 5th but I like what you did everywhere else I'm looking at many of the same guys. I think Edge ILB and CB have to be addressed. You did that.

I am not sure Harris is the best we can do in 1st depends on where we pick but if he is I take him.

I'm not locked on an Edge in the 1st I want the best defensive player we can get there. It may be Harris 

We may be able to do better than Williams or take him later than the 4th. 

On 12/19/2016 at 6:20 AM, akcolt said:

If we did this I'd.be very happy. I don't think Hodges is there in the 5th but I like what you did everywhere else I'm looking at many of the same guys. I think Edge ILB and CB have to be addressed. You did that.

I am not sure Harris is the best we can do in 1st depends on where we pick but if he is I take him.

I'm not locked on an Edge in the 1st I want the best defensive player we can get there. It may be Harris 

We may be able to do better than Williams or take him later than the 4th. 

The way I have it, I don't see any CBS being rated that high. There's still no idea of who the consensus top CB is. There's some notable ILBs like Foster and Cunningham but they say you don't take an ILB in the top 15 unless he's the next Ray Lewis, and I don't see that. Peppers should be long gone by our pick so that rules out safeties. I think it's more likely that the best defensive player will be an edge rusher at our pick. However if Malik McDowell is there that'll be an interesting conversation.

Had a bit of fun on break today. I did four different mocks FWIW. Different big boards and what not and here are the results all drafts had us at 14. (I'm guessing we be 15,16,17.)
A.
1.Foster

2.McKinley
3.Anderson

4.Hood

4.Fields

B.

1.Foster

2.McKinley

3.Anderson

4.Bollough

4.Conner

C.

1.Foster

2.Cunningham

3.Hood

4.Hall

4.Milano

D.

1.Foster

2.Walker

3.Hood

4.Fields

4.Conner

All had Foster there so i took him. Not being well versed in College ball and seeing we are still in the reg season can any of you more veteran draft guru's see any of these happening or think any of these are worthwhile picks? 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The way I have it, I don't see any CBS being rated that high. There's still no idea of who the consensus top CB is. There's some notable ILBs like Foster and Cunningham but they say you don't take an ILB in the top 15 unless he's the next Ray Lewis, and I don't see that. Peppers should be long gone by our pick so that rules out safeties. I think it's more likely that the best defensive player will be an edge rusher at our pick. However if Malik McDowell is there that'll be an interesting conversation.

What Edge are you looking at around the 14th pick? Garrett Allen and Barnett I think will be gone. The next guys that I see are Williams's, Harris and McKinley. I agree it's difficult to name the top CB as there are about a dozen who go  in the first 2 rounds. I'm not calling for a CB or any position in the 1st round. We need help all over the D. 

I think we should take the best defensive player on the board. Jones and sadly Langford both IR'd. They are both likely done. DL an area we need to consider. We lack speed all over the field no where is more evident than ILB. Walden is pretty much alone at OLB. The front 7 could use help any and everywhere. 

Our CB situation is the same as always we have Vontae. The change he will be 29

at the start of next year and a FA at the end of it. Melvin played well for a guy we signed off waivers. Robinson showed what some suspected he is a slot guy nothing more. After that we are looking at Butler who isn't under contract and some UDFA's Milton and a pair of 5'9 guys Williams and James finally Morris. CB is an area of need. If Peppers falls or Adams is there S has to be considered too. 

I think a guy like Foster or Cunningham added to the middle of the D makes us drastically better immediately. I also think that is the safest pick. I would not be upset if we played it safe and took one of the ILB's.

I would be happy with one of the CB's I like Jones and King now mainly because I'm most fimilar with them. Harris or Williams would certainly help. The thing about the CB's and Edge's right now I don't see a lot difference in what we can get in the 1st compared to the 2nd. The same isn't true at ILB. 

I'm interested in what you see. I think we really need to get an Edge, ILB, CB in this draft. DL would be welcomed too. We do have better depth there. McGill should get more time. 

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

What Edge are you looking at around the 14th pick? Garrett Allen and Barnett I think will be gone. The next guys that I see are Williams's, Harris and McKinley. I agree it's difficult to name the top CB as there are about a dozen who go  in the first 2 rounds. I'm not calling for a CB or any position in the 1st round. We need help all over the D. 

I think we should take the best defensive player on the board. Jones and sadly Langford both IR'd. They are both likely done. DL an area we need to consider. We lack speed all over the field no where is more evident than ILB. Walden is pretty much alone at OLB. The front 7 could use help any and everywhere. 

Our CB situation is the same as always we have Vontae. The change he will be 29

at the start of next year and a FA at the end of it. Melvin played well for a guy we signed off waivers. Robinson showed what some suspected he is a slot guy nothing more. After that we are looking at Butler who isn't under contract and some UDFA's Milton and a pair of 5'9 guys Williams and James finally Morris. CB is an area of need. If Peppers falls or Adams is there S has to be considered too. 

I think a guy like Foster or Cunningham added to the middle of the D makes us drastically better immediately. I also think that is the safest pick. I would not be upset if we played it safe and took one of the ILB's.

I would be happy with one of the CB's I like Jones and King now mainly because I'm most fimilar with them. Harris or Williams would certainly help. The thing about the CB's and Edge's right now I don't see a lot difference in what we can get in the 1st compared to the 2nd. The same isn't true at ILB. 

I'm interested in what you see. I think we really need to get an Edge, ILB, CB in this draft. DL would be welcomed too. We do have better depth there. McGill should get more time. 

At the 14th pick I have Charles Harris, Tim Williams, Takkarist McKinley, and a guy some forget, DJ Smoot. All seem to be first round edge rushers.

And I think Foster might be similar to his teammate Ragland, where he'll take a fall on draft day. Either low first or high second. Cunningham is good but I don't know if he's top 15 good. Maybe I need to watch more tape though. But I agree that an athletic LB with instincts could really make us better.

And outside of McDowell I don't see any D-Lineman that are 1st round worthy. There isn't a Leonard Williams, Nkemdiche, Aaron Donald, Rankins, etc...

The best defensive player at our pick has a vey high chance of being an edge. Here's how I see it all playing out.

-Colts pick about 14th

-Garett, Peppers, Barnett, and Fournette are gone plus at least 1 QB

-At least 1 WR will be gone (Davis or Williams)

-Someone reaches on a QB like Teez Tabor

-Jamal Adams gets snatched if he declares

-The one OT who may be 1st round worthy gets taken

So the Colts have the following to choose from:

Charles Harris 

Takkarist McKinley 

Tim Williams 

DJ Smoot

Dalvin Cook

Reuben Foster 

Zach Cunningham 

Carl Lawson

Just to name a few. In that scenario I like one of the edge rushers. Tim Williams will won't be on Grigson's board though because of character issues. I like Harris the most because he's athletic and flexible.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

At the 14th pick I have Charles Harris, Tim Williams, Takkarist McKinley, and a guy some forget, DJ Smoot. All seem to be first round edge rushers.

And I think Foster might be similar to his teammate Ragland, where he'll take a fall on draft day. Either low first or high second. Cunningham is good but I don't know if he's top 15 good. Maybe I need to watch more tape though. But I agree that an athletic LB with instincts could really make us better.

And outside of McDowell I don't see any D-Lineman that are 1st round worthy. There isn't a Leonard Williams, Nkemdiche, Aaron Donald, Rankins, etc...

The best defensive player at our pick has a vey high chance of being an edge. Here's how I see it all playing out.

-Colts pick about 14th

Charles Harris 

Takkarist McKinley 

Tim Williams 

DJ Smoot

Dalvin Cook

Reuben Foster 

Zach Cunningham 

Carl Lawson

Just to name a few. In that scenario I like one of the edge rushers. Tim Williams will won't be on Grigson's board though because of character issues. I like Harris the most because he's athletic and flexible.

Unless we take Cook I would go with Harris or Foster.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Colts pick about 14th

Charles Harris 

Takkarist McKinley 

Tim Williams 

DJ Smoot

Dalvin Cook

Reuben Foster 

Zach Cunningham 

Carl Lawson

I like the breakdown and with those options I would like Harris but honestly I could see Grigson going with Cook.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Colts pick about 14th

Charles Harris 

Takkarist McKinley 

Tim Williams 

DJ Smoot

Dalvin Cook

Reuben Foster 

Zach Cunningham 

Carl Lawson

There is always a chance a guy falls but I think that's who we are looking at too. I think you might be undervaluing the CB class a little. Wilson Humphrey could go early.

i would take Foster or Cunningham in that scenario. I don't think any of those other guys could have the kind of impact either of those 2 would on the D.  I am leaning toward Foster's all around game. If he puts up numbers at the combine he may be gone  when we hit the clock. Cunningham's length and athleticism would be a great consolation prize. 

Ragland doesn't compare to either of these guys. The reason he fell in the draft is the reason these 2 will be sought after. Coverage Ragland can't and both Foster and Cunningham can. They are faster more agile and do any and everything you want an ILB to do. Maybe they aren't Ray Ray but who is? 

I think Smoot might be there in the 2nd really Harris had a down year Lawson's injury history lots of questions Who is 4-7 at Edge? The only question in my mind about Foster and Cunningham is who ends up the better pro.