Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+5.5) @ Houston (12-18-16)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST Andrew Catalon (who?) and Steve Beuerlein on CBS

over-under 39.5

Jacksonville has lost EIGHT in a row..but the last six losses have been by 10 points or less.

Blake Bortles (305 of 520, 3,187 yards, 21 TDs) leads the NFL with 15 interceptions and it might be because he's thrown the ball 38 times a game.

I dont think Jax is as bad as their record but I'm probably wrong about that.

They were lucky to hold on and beat the Colts 30-27 and they beat the Bears 17-16. Jacksonville is five points away from being 0-13.

Jacksonville is 2nd in the league in penalties with 105 for 997 yards (Nobody's going to catch the Raiders who have 122 penalties) Bortles has completed 30 or more passes to 5 different receivers but he's also been sacked 28 time sand fumbled four times.

Texan QB Brock Osweiler (274 of 459, 2,656 yards, 14 TDs, 14 INTs) faces a Jax defense that has 3 pass interceptions all year but he may rely on RB Lamar Miller (246 carries, 1.010 yards) and a conservative game plan.

Houston only has 22 QB sacks but their fast defense has allowed more than 23 points just 2 times in 13 games. All they ned is for Brock not to turn  the ball over.

Houston (7-6) wins the AFC South if they win their final 3 games....and even if they lose to Jax (2-11) or Cincinnati (5-7-1), Houston wins the AFC South by winning at Tennessee (7-6) on New Year's Day..   A Houston loss to Jacksonville keeps the Colts alive for the playoffs. A Houston win and a Colts loss at Minnesota eliminates the Colts

Colts stay alive if they win at Minnesota no matter what Houston does to the last place Jaguars

When you need a shocking upset (and we do), you could ride with worse teams than Jacksonville.

But the Texans defense has ben solid even in games they've lost. I would say that Bortles is having a bad year but he threw for 18 interceptions (he threw 600 times) last year.

I would take Jax if I could get 6 or 7 points....but I don't know how hard they're even going to be trying to win

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

If the Texans lose are the Colts back where they were last week atleast? 

No.  we would be tied with Houston and they have 2 wins over us now.  They would also need to lose to the Titans and we have to win out.  We wont win out with the stupid play calling on offense that we are accustomed to  this year

Well if the Texans lose and the Colts win then it would be a mere formality because the Titans would beat them next and the Colts would beat the Jags. I'm not betting on the Jags though. I actually think the Colts can take the Raiders if Carr still can't throw a football but if his finger is back forget it lol! 

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

I expect Jacksonville to put up a good fight in all three of these games, and be in it late in the game. Whether or not they can execute well enough to win is another story. 

You're right. They stay in almost every game....they just find a way to lose..

Houston has a wide open path to the division.,....but

If the Texans don't bury them early, maybe Jax can give us what we need

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

Agreed...I'm not betting against the Jags because I'm thinking blowout, 2-12, etc. I'm thinking they'll just find a way to lose...like be ahead late in the 3rd then lose by 14.

The Packers/Bears is a whole other animal lol!

Bears have a real chance there because Aaron Rodgers is going to be playing on one leg

8 degrees in Chicago an hour before the kick

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Texans struggling again early..down 3-0 in the 2nd Q

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jalen Ramsey picks off Brock....good scoring chance for Jax

Brock is his old self  6 for 11 , 48 yards , 2 IT's now Jax up 13-0 

& Titans losing to KC

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Bears are not to be outdone.

They didn't ice the comeback and the game winner was a bigger disaster than the 2014 play. Single coverage on the only WR going deep, up the middle no less.

The right guard false started as plain as day but the Bears didn't deserve it anyway.

you'r e right.

Rodgers did it to 'em again..

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Bortles didn't even get a pass off......Houston wins 21-20....miracle

1. Houston (8-6)

2. Tennessee (8-6)

3. Colts (7-7)

...we're stiill alive but now Houston has to lose out to Cincy and Tennessee and the Titans now have to lose at Jacksonville (unlikely)

It's over my friend. Crazy up and down season that will end after week 17. Last week was just inexcusable. Horrible game plan backed up by uninspired crappy play from the offense , defense and special teams.