Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew on last play (4th & 1)

WoolMagnet

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

The play was suppose to go to Doyle.  The screen was the third read in progression.  He ran out of time.  

If the play was suppose to go to Doyle then you do not let lineman come free immediately to hit your linemen.  The Doyle comment was simply to cover up for the poor call. If you look at the defense we need 1.5 yds. The CB on our wide out on the right is 8 yds off the ball. You could send our WR up the field for 5 and then come bac 2 yds. for an easy first down but we do not seem to have that play in our playbook.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm still asking myself the question how we run for 100 plus yards on them in game one, and we turn around in this game and run Gore for 10 carries?  And the funny thing is he still ran for over 4 YPC and these Dummies still persisted on throwing the football down after down when you could see Luck was a little bit out of whack with his decision making.   Calm things down and establish a rythm with your bell cow and hit up some play action.  Why do we persist on breaking out our dunce hats in these critical moments every single time?

I think its a Pagano thing. Every OC under Pagano has done the same thing with the run game.

14 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

If the play was suppose to go to Doyle then you do not let lineman come free immediately to hit your linemen.  The Doyle comment was simply to cover up for the poor call. If you look at the defense we need 1.5 yds. The CB on our wide out on the right is 8 yds off the ball. You could send our WR up the field for 5 and then come bac 2 yds. for an easy first down but we do not seem to have that play in our playbook.

I agree. Doyel was an option on the play but i believe he was more an outlet in case of an all out blitz.  The screen was the primary call and you can tell it by the way the lineman release and are upfield.  Harrison simply didn't hold onto his block long enough before he went upfield and Luck was pressured.  Typical Pagano with the excuse that somehow there were a million options and it was some super secret great plan that they had that just didn't work out.  No, it was just a dumb playcall, again, typical of the Pagano regime.

BTW, doesn't sound like Luck is practicing today.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:43 AM, krunk said:

I couldn't understand in this game why Andrew seemed so Hesitant to take off and run? Outside of that one read option run that picked up 30 yards he just stayed in the pocket even when everything w

as covered up.

I feel like the emphasis on him "being smarter" and protecting himself, and not playing like a linebacker or whatever else the organization has brought up might hamper him.  Oh, and selfish on my part but on the read option I was looking for him to make a move on that defender and take it to the house haha.  For a minute I thought he might go all the way.  But, there's been more than a handful of times this season where he takes off running and looks so timid and like he's questioning if he should pick up another 3-5 yard or slide then and there, all while thinking about how the * above him have been telling him to play smarter.  You don't want to see your QB putting their head down fighting for yardage when "unnecessary"  (but every yard counts right?), but trying to avoid some contact that is inevitable, which it looks like he's tried to do, its sketchy..  As he goes to slide sometimes I've been like ahhhhh and it looks scary, i'd rather him get tackled.  No one is invincible, as we see that with Andrew being such a big and physically imposing man (QB or not, look at him next to most other players) and dealing with his injury issues, but I just don't like it....

I also don't like our Owner who was driving around out of his mind with oxy chopped up on a CD case in his car and the * GM/Coach having an opinion of someone needing to be smarter.

20 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

Jump on the bandwagon Chud sucks.  There is a reason he keeps getting fired.  AGAIN HE SUCKS!!!!

22 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

I don't see how the OC is supposed to know that the CB will line up 8 yards off the LOS when he sends the play to the sidelines.  The QB is the one who is supposed to see that and audible to the play that will get the 1.5 yards needed. Instead, he sticks with a dopey play.

The QB. The $100 million guy. The first pick in the draft. The most NFL ready QB coming out of college in the last 15 years. The 4 year NFL starter.  That guy is suppose to see it..

There is another aspect of that play that no one is talking about. The RB that was supposed to catch the ball was tripped up (held) by one of the Houston players who grabbed him by the foot before the ball was thrown. A penalty should have been called. Look at it again.