Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

These Names Mean Little To Me

oldunclemark

with all due respect to our New Head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coorditanor...

their names and recent job history mean little to me.

What someone did with Pittsburgh or Baltimore's talent has no bearing on what they will do with Indy's talent......

We have names and faces but we have little else...

until someone talks with our new coaches (and they answer) about exactly what they plan to do...player-wise

Certainly its being discussed and there's plenty of time before the draft....but I dont want to be 2-14 again

because we 'started from scratch'...

We have little idea of what these new men will do...

Its easy to tear things apart......

The hard part is putting them back together

with all due respect to our New Head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coorditanor...

What someone did with Pittsburgh or Baltimore's talent has no bearing on what they will do with Indy's talent......

until someone talks with our new coaches (and they answer) about exactly what they plan to do...player-wise

Certainly its being discussed and there's plenty of time before the draft....but I dont want to be 2-14 again

Names are names show me results.....Peyton did

The names? How u expect them to show results? when the real season has not started yet- Why not check back a year from now, some fans here eating 2 much fruity loops.

Yea cause the coaches can show results in the offseason....c'mon man...really... That's what were talking about, u got it....please

The names? How u expect them to show results? when the real season has not started yet- Why not check back a year from now, some fans here eating 2 much fruity loops.

Didnt say anything like 'show results'

I want to know their plans..as I'm sure you do........

I know they have them./.I'd like to hear them..

Wouldn't this be true of any coaches they brought in? I mean c'mon already, if the Colts could have reserected Vince Lombardi himself, he would still have to prove he could do something with the Colts.

Wouldn't this be true of any coaches they brought in? I mean c'mon already, if the Colts could have reserected Vince Lombardi himself, he would still have to prove he could do something with the Colts.

True, but speaking of boring offenses......................... :P

Didnt say anything like 'show results'

I want to know their plans..as I'm sure you do........

I know they have them./.I'd like to hear them..

They haven't even signed their contracts yet. In fact the hirings are just well founded rumors at this point. Inferring things from their past performance is all we have to entertain ourselves with while waiting for more information. Will there even be press conferences for OC and DC? No idea. But considering Pagano's very clear comments about the defense at HIS press conference, and the recent history of his new DC, I think that we have plenty to go on on that side of the ball. As to details, they probably won't be able to tell us more until they evaluate the roster.

Definetly...obviously....but all these major changes were not forced on us..

It was our choice to blow up the entire management and coaching structure..

This is voluntary surgery

..and now we've got to stitch the whole thing together and make it better..

I hope Mr. Irasy knows what he's doing...because nobody's being specific yet.

Like having surgery..You hope it makes you better but during recovery..you never really know..

As things progress during the off-season, sure we'll here about the plans after team makeover with draft, free agents, cuts, etc.

I hate looking at FA for players. If they are proven guys, we have to pay a proven price. Historically it's a gamble( as it is with draft picks). I just like fresh talent. Develop them how we want them to play. Just my thoughts.

This organization has to play their cards close to their chest at this point in time. You don't want to tip other teams off to our plans because then they can take advantage of our loose lips. Like Pagano said it's all about building trust right now between everyone in the organization.

Exactly right! :manning:

Lets not throw out the old war horse before we know the new Colt can carry us to the front

We won't, if he's healthy. The media is just talking. They have no sources, no inside info on the subject, and Irsay has been dispelling them at every turn.

Right, but I think the point is we shouldn't all be excited, or expecting success based on a guy's name. Some people on here wanted guys like Gruden because he accidentally won a Super Bowl with someone else's team and yelled at his players. They wanted celebrity names but had no credible reason for wanting said coach. Now they are happy because these coaches worked for "defensive" teams, thus they assume our defense will automatically get better. (And no, "it can't get any worse!" isn't a valid argument.)

We can't be singing the praises of these new coaches until they prove something. Same goes for college players who haven't done anything yet.

Wow unclemark the season is not even over yet and when have the colts ever laid out everything their planning to do. I mean irsay prove by his reaction to peyton's comments that hatred of the media goes all the way to the top. The colts will continue to keep everything "in house" no matter what you, every other colts fan, and the media wants. So don't expect a blue print for the direction of the team this off season.

Wow unclemark the season is not even over yet and when have the colts ever laid out everything their planning to do. I mean irsay prove by his reaction to peyton's comments that hatred of the media goes all the way to the top. The colts will continue to keep everything "in house" no matter what you, every other colts fan, and the media wants. So don't expect a blue print for the direction of the team this off season.

I do expect a blue print..RB 77....

...These are all experinced men and I know they have an idea of what they want to do with our offense and defense.

I have no opinion of them because I'd never heard of any of them except for Ryan Grigson

There's a lot of very loyal Colts fans....and I dont think its too much to ask about what they want to do...

I'd like to hear it..I'm sure the newspaper will get something..