Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas (+4) @ Green Bay (10-16-16)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST......Thom Brennaman, Troy Aikiman and Erin Andrews (the 'A' team)

Mid 60s and sunny ....over-under 47

Marquee matchup of two of the NFL's showcase franchises with the No. 1 rushing attack in the NFL (Dallas) against the No,.1 run defense (GB)

Dallas rookie Dak Prescott (107 of 155, 1,239 yards() had just 4 TD passes but zero interceptions

..but he'll go without top WR Dez Bryant, who will miss a 3rd game in a row

Slot receiver Cole Beasley (27 catches, 332 yards) is surprisingly good....so is RB Ezekiel (Zeke) Elliott has 546 yards (No,1 in the NFL) on 107 carries......

Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers (78 of 139, 9 TDs, 3 INTs) gets the 'Andrew Luck' treatment....

..Packer fans are whining about his completion percentage (56.1%) a stat that's always been more important than TDs and victories

..Rodgers has the 'power of 3' back in full in WRs Jordy Nelson (21 catches, 244 yards, 5 TDs), Randall Cobb (21 catches, 240 yards) and Devontae Adams( 13 catches 184 yards) .  RB Eddie Lacy (54 runs, 295 yards) may be out but James Starks is just as good.and the Packers run yards isn't what you worry about

Packers have 14 quarterback sacks. ..but CB Sam Shields may still be out ..

I think the over-under is too high........If Dallas wins.it will be because they can run the ball and keep Rodgers off the field..If GB wins, it will be because they can shut down Dak

....something like 23-17 or 27-17 ......the 'under' seems best here

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

4:25 EST......Thom Brennaman, Troy Aikiman and Erin Andrews (the 'A' team)

Mid 60s and sunny ....over-under 47

Marquee matchup of two of the NFL's showcase franchises with the No. 1 rushing attack in the NFL (Dallas) against the No,.1 run defense (GB)

Dallas rookie Dak Prescott (107 of 155, 1,239 yards() had just 4 TD passes but zero interceptions

..but he'll go without top WR Dez Bryant, who will miss a 3rd game in a row

Slot receiver Cole Beasley (27 catches, 332 yards) is surprisingly good....so is RB Ezekiel (Zeke) Elliott has 546 yards (No,1 in the NFL) on 107 carries......

Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers (78 of 139, 9 TDs, 3 INTs) gets the 'Andrew Luck' treatment....

..Packer fans are whining about his completion percentage (56.1%) a stat that's always been more important than TDs and victories

..Rodgers has the 'power of 3' back in full in WRs Jordy Nelson (21 catches, 244 yards, 5 TDs), Randall Cobb (21 catches, 240 yards) and Devontae Adams( 13 catches 184 yards) .  RB Eddie Lacy (54 runs, 295 yards) may be out but James Starks is just as good.and the Packers run yards isn't what you worry about

Packers have 14 quarterback sacks. ..but CB Sam Shields may still be out ..

I think the over-under is too high........If Dallas wins.it will be because they can run the ball and keep Rodgers off the field..If GB wins, it will be because they can shut down Dak

....something like 23-17 or 27-17 ......the 'under' seems best here

There was always a method to that madness. It was their justification for him being the greatest after every 1 and done, big game goose egg etc. Now that he has the lowest % in the league (it's true...look it up, and in fewer games!) the fans will get interesting. 

14 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

There was always a method to that madness. It was their justification for him being the greatest after every 1 and done, big game goose egg etc. Now that he has the lowest % in the league (it's true...look it up, and in fewer games!) the fans will get interesting. 

completion percentage is not a key stat...sometimes you throw the ball away intentionally..

..sometimes receivers drop the ball.

If you dink and dunk...you can be the king of completion percentage

Brian Hoyer leads the NFL in completion percentage...think about it

Green Bay has owned Dallas in the Rodgers/Romo era. The Cowboys even blew it the year Rodgers was out after they were up by 24 or whatever it was. Then there was The Reversal. If they knock off the Packers at home whether the Packers are frauds or not it's a pretty big deal.

1 hour ago, snkdy said:

It's like Rodgers wants to get benched.

He is off..I'm buying into it more now.

But what does 'off' mean?

He still makes great throws..just not as any as he did.

Probably just a cold streak..I think a, QBs go throguh them

But they had a lot of chances to rally today and they just couldn't make plays

I like to believe in that 'magic' that certain QBs have...that they can make the plays when they need to...

....its such a fluid thing....remember the miracle plays that Aaron Rogders made last year..

I remember when Peyton threw 11 interceptions in 4 games..but it came back for him

I don't think AR is  hurt...got to believe he'll get it back...

Packers are just average when Rodgers is average...he is their offense

Rodgers looked like this last year. His downward spiral has been going on for a pretty long time. 

He is no way a top 3 quarterback (to be honest, take his SB away, and he hasn't done much besides put up pretty stats), but people will still put him over Brady and Brees. 

And the irony that this happens in a game where they honor Brett Favre...sorry for all the Favre bashers, but Rodgers is never going to be close to the QB that the gunslinger was in his prime. All those "Rodgers is so much better than Favre" arguments, look pretty silly in 2016...

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Rodgers looked like this last year. His downward spiral has been going on for a pretty long time. 

He is no way a top 3 quarterback (to be honest, take his SB away, and he hasn't done much besides put up pretty stats), but people will still put him over Brady and Brees. 

And the irony that this happens in a game where they honor Brett Favre...sorry for all the Favre bashers, but Rodgers is never going to be close to the QB that the gunslinger was in his prime. All those "Rodgers is so much better than Favre" arguments, look pretty silly in 2016...

That's been my gripe for 8 dang years. Aaron Rodgers is a good quarterback, even on a bad day, but the Favre bashers were ready to build him a statue outside of Lambeau and burn their Favre jerseys after he beat the Vikings in his very first game. And they actually did 1 of those things lol! And it's not a stretch, people were saying he was better than Favre and they just wouldn't drop it. Not long after that he was better than Brady, better than Brees etc and was going to go down in history as the greatest football player ever. No loss was ever his fault, no bad throw, no nothing...so sick of it. It's not like he wasn't exposed before this. It wasn't in such heavy doses but the fact remains that he was destroyed by Favre twice before Favre was a crippled up ghost, didn't show up for so many big night games over the years, and 1 and done every year but 4 and nobody ever remembers that those games were because of things like the Joe Webb incident and The Reversal. Imagine if Peyton Manning got a free pass like those...Holy Lord he'd be crucified by atleast a certain portion of the general fanbase and media. 

It sucks for the guy. Take him off the team and they don't make it to the epic Joe Webb showdown, that much you can't deny. I don't hate him, I hate the freaking people who are bigger apologists for him than anybody ever was for Favre (who dang sure had them in the mid 2000s). The Favre talk you speak of looked just as silly during his best year as it does in 2016 to anybody without an agenda.

On 10/16/2016 at 7:00 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unbelievable as Mr Troy Aikman just said. Man what is wrong with Rodgers and the Packers? Cowboys look awesome.

They started to decline last year. I found this on the Vikings site that I follow. I have to say that I was surprised. 

Quotes (Posted on Twitter by Krauserrific, 10/17/16):

Point differentials over their last 16 regular season games:
Vikings +113
Lions +7
Packers -10
Bears -45

In their last 16 regular season games:

Viking 13-3

Lions 9-7

Packers 8-8

Bears 5-11

@BloodyChamp and @Bogie, anyone that says Rodgers is better than Favre all-time needs their head checked LOL. Favre is a Top 10 QB of all-time and I don't even think that is debatable. He has the TD's, Yards, and has a Ring. I would have him in my Top 5 all-time if it wasn't for some of the bad INT's he had in the Playoffs but that's what gunslingers do sometimes, throw picks. Andrew has done it a lot in the Playoffs as well. Anyway I have Favre Top 10, Rodgers is probably Top 20 but Favre is better.