Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam's Stupendously Early Mock

Our Colts have underperformed up to this point and shown that we have many holes on both sides of the ball. I'm ready to take the next step and build a championship caliber football team. To do that we must draft players that will be studs. Can't afford to whiff on draft picks anymore. 

Here's what I've come up with so far. Keep in mind this is likely to change as the season continues. 

Round 1: Reuben Foster-ILB- sideline to sideline guy and powerful hitter. Very instinctive and good in coverage. I really like Foster and I believe he has the talent to be one of the premier linebackers in the league some day. 

Round 2: Devonte Fields-OLB- pass rusher with speed to burn. Has great production and potential but needs to be stronger against the run and has off the field issues in the past. 

Round 3: Wayne Gallman-RB- shifty, elusive back with enough power to finish plays. Has good hands as well. May need to add weight in the NFL. 

Round 4: Chidobe Awuzie-CB- played very well last year but was overlooked because he plays for Colorado. Great size and potential. 

Round 4: Cooper Kupp-WR- bigger receiver with excellent hands. Has played very well in big games. May not have the speed to play outside in the NFL. Would make a great slot receiver and first down machine. 

Like you said. Its still way to early. Guys will rise, and guys will fall. Fields may be a top 20 pick or go in the 3rd. We don't know yet. But what I want to see with all the cap space we'll have is 2-3 major impact players brought in via free agency. One of Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram. One of Stephon Gilmore or Trumaine Johnson. Then we need to have a really sexy draft. If we signed 2 of those guys I mentioned in FA, then I'd like to see us get a stud ILB, RB, and another EDGE rusher in the first 3 rounds. We CAN drastically improve our team in one offseason contrary to what some on here might say. But when you have a franchise QB, and a few other solid pieces (Davis, Green, Geathers, Anderson, Langford, TY, Moncrief, Dorsett, Allen, etc.) 2-3 impact FA signings, and a heck of a draft would make us a top tier team. Plus. The OL is looking like its going to be ok. I still think AC will be fine, and Haeg IMO will be a very good RG or RT. I personally like him better at RG.

19 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Would much rather have OLB Charles Harris round 1, then ILB Anthony Walker Jr. round 2. I just think OLB is a bigger need and having a dominant pass rusher is so vital to a defense.

We need 2 dominant pass rushers and another really good one to rotate in and out. That's why I say sign a big time guy, then draft 2 early. We can also get a really good ILB in the 2nd or 3rd who could come in and ball out week 1 on. It happens every year. Kwon Alexander, and Jordan Hicks last year, and Kiko Alonso his rookie year off the top of my head. So I agree with you on a guy like Walker in the 2nd. This isn't a draft strategy, but just what we're lacking....We need in order....

EDGE

CB

ILB

EDGE

RB

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Would much rather have OLB Charles Harris round 1, then ILB Anthony Walker Jr. round 2. I just think OLB is a bigger need and having a dominant pass rusher is so vital to a defense.

Walker Jr. is a beast and highly underrated. He would be a great pick in the 2nd. I agree with you, I think we need to focus in on our pass rush in round 1 with ILB being a day 2 pick along with CB.

7 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Like you said. Its still way to early. Guys will rise, and guys will fall. Fields may be a top 20 pick or go in the 3rd. We don't know yet. But what I want to see with all the cap space we'll have is 2-3 major impact players brought in via free agency. One of Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram. One of Stephon Gilmore or Trumaine Johnson. Then we need to have a really sexy draft. If we signed 2 of those guys I mentioned in FA, then I'd like to see us get a stud ILB, RB, and another EDGE rusher in the first 3 rounds. We CAN drastically improve our team in one offseason contrary to what some on here might say. But when you have a franchise QB, and a few other solid pieces (Davis, Green, Geathers, Anderson, Langford, TY, Moncrief, Dorsett, Allen, etc.) 2-3 impact FA signings, and a heck of a draft would make us a top tier team. Plus. The OL is looking like its going to be ok. I still think AC will be fine, and Haeg IMO will be a very good RG or RT. I personally like him better at RG.

I agree with all of this. I really want Gilmore and Ingram. Two former Gamecocks that could make big contributions to our Colts. 

I want a dominant pass rusher as much as anyone but I love Fosters game and think he'd be a difference maker for our defense. Maybe grab a guy like Fields or Anderson later if we can. 

I actually agree with going for an ILB in the first. This draft is deep in the pass rush department so really they can wait a round, but ILB is not as deep and a coverage one is needed since free agency dosnt look that great as well. I think the same way about cb and if we should go for Humphreys in the first.

On October 6, 2016 at 0:16 AM, SDakColts said:

Walker Jr. is a beast and highly underrated. He would be a great pick in the 2nd. I agree with you, I think we need to focus in on our pass rush in round 1 with ILB being a day 2 pick along with CB.

I just watched the game film of Walker vs Nebraska and was really unimpressed. Any games of his I should watch?