Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianaplis (_ 2 1/2) 'at' Jacksonville (10-2-16)

oldunclemark

Greg Gumbel, Trent Green and Jamir Erdhal on CBS

9:30 AM (EST) at Wembely Stadium - London

Mid 50s and partly cloudy (big surprise for London, right?)  over-under 49

Jax QB Blake Bortles (79 of 127, 843 yards, 5 Tds, 6 INTs) has more interceptions than TDs, always bad

But he gets some help here are new RB Chris Ivory, who sat out the first 2 games and oft-injured TE Julius Thomas (11 catches, 148 yards),  will play in the UK

The Jax defense was not bad last week at Baltimore in a 19-17 loss but the Jaguars have committed 30 penalties in 3 games (what's up with that?)

We'll know early if the Colts can do anything about the 'Allen Challenge"  of last years 1,000-yard receivers WR Allen Robinson (16 catches, 183 yards) and Allen Hurns (13 catches, 179 yards) I'd be shocked if Jacksonville wastes their time trying to establish the run. Would you?

Jax has to win or the season is over....Like the Colts, they have all 6 division games still to play staring Sunday. But if they fall 2 down to the Colts (and maybe 3 down to Houston), they're dog food.

Andrew Luck (76 of 124, 913 yards, 6 Tds, 2 INTs) will be looking for TY Hilton (18 carries, 294 yards) and 'Irish'  Jack Doyle (13 catches, 137 yards, 2 TDs).

RB Frank Gore (48 carries, 185 yards) may like the natural grass at Wembely Stadium...100 yards thus week? Maybe
Colts have to blitz the QB.....only 4 sacks in 3 games...they cant let Bortles just stand there..

Jacksonville is the home team but it should sound like the Colts are..I think Andrew is kinda popular in London

Real chance for the Colts to go from worst to first with an October burst....next 2 games are the Bears (0-3) and Houston..

Last week was the first week a Colts game did not go 'over' Two missed conversion kept the total at 48...

I still like the 'over' here....Bot teams are lacking a good pass rush..both have young strong QBs and plenty of receivers...

I like the Colts to win..probably on a fourth quarter, last minute drive.

But the best bet is again the 'over'

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

The 4 game win streak continues this week

SD 

JAX 

CHI 

HOU 

Win those 4 and we're in great shape 

Have us finishing 10-6 on the year en route to Super Bowl 51 Victory

Yeah, the next 3 games are huge. I'm a little concerned about playing a London game, then turning around and playing again on Sunday. After that, it's a road game against Houston.

On paper, we can definitely win all of these games and we should win the first two, but there is always the chance that we come out flat in London and/or at LOS against Chicago. 

I have always thought that we would win this division. With Watt out, it should be easier, but these next couple are trap games against a team that beat us 51-16 last time we played (and always gives us their best) and an unprecedented game after London instead of a bye. 

Jax is garbage again (as always), but they have looked more respectable in their losses this season. The Bears are a dumpster fire (as always) but our guys might be jet-lagged for that one.

I think that we will win both and set up a big game at Houston. If we can rattle off three more in a row, It will be very difficult for Houston to catch up because 3 of our last 4 division games are at LOS and their remaining non-division schedule is as tough as ours.

18 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Why is the game at 9:30am!? Argh, I wake up early for work, not for this!

I prefer it.  Im up about 6:30-7:30 on weekends wether I like it or not and I don't have to work but all I have to do is suffer for 2 hours for football instead of 6-7 hours

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I really don't know what to expect.  I was feeling reasonably good about our chances.  Then, I see most of the "experts" are picking the Jags.

hmmm.  Am I that blindly optimistic?

We are a 2-3 point favorite... We're one defensive stop from being 2-1...

Jacksonville could say they are 2 from being 2-1...I guess..

I just like our offense....27 points a game..only four turnovers all year..

We're  a little healthier and I just like how Andrew looks

9 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Why is the game at 9:30am!? Argh, I wake up early for work, not for this!

Ha ha! If you live in Australia you get all your live NFL in the early hours of the morning.

I like this one. It comes on our TV at 12 midnight Sunday night.

I'm looking forward to this one. It's the 1st Colts game I get to see live on TV this season.

Go COLTS!

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I really don't know what to expect.  I was feeling reasonably good about our chances.  Then, I see most of the "experts" are picking the Jags.

hmmm.  Am I that blindly optimistic?

I wonder, does it have anything to do maybe with London preferring Jacksonville as their favorite team, so it's kinda like a pseudo-home game for Jacksonville? The NFL has actively pushed to have Jacksonville play the London games, and there's talk if Jacksonville were to move, it would be to London, since attendance for their games is apparently abysmal by NFL standards.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I wonder, does it have anything to do maybe with London preferring Jacksonville as their favorite team, so it's kinda like a pseudo-home game for Jacksonville? The NFL has actively pushed to have Jacksonville play the London games, and there's talk if Jacksonville were to move, it would be to London, since attendance for their games is apparently abysmal by NFL standards.

Before the new owner, during the "tarp" days, i too thought the Jags would be the obvious choice.  I think the Jags were more than willing (more than most teams) to go to try to build a fanbase.  I'm sure their repeat visits have built fans.  I think the Jags have created a new excitement in jaxonville about the team so i dont see them my ving now.

i think the have a HUGE advantage having ng played there so many times.  Right down to food, accomodations, field conditions.and dealing with the time change.