Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

9 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

This is a very true statement.  As a Bulls fan I want Butler to stay because he's an all star building block.  On the flip side, the Bulls front office is horrid and I think Jimmy deserves better.  If he got traded, I'd like for him to go to Boston or Toronto so they can hopefully bounce the Cavs in the playoffs.  I don't think the Bulls will trade Butler unless the Celtics give them their 2017 first round pick(could be the number 1 pick), 2018 first round pick and 2-3 players with matching salaries. 

Bulls are not trading Jimmy Butler........for picks..they just arent

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we can do is get healthy and rested over the all-star break and see what happens. Maybe we can do the opposite of 2013-2014 and finish strong down the stretch.

Right now though there is nothing I can point to that tells me we would have a chance against Boston or Washington no matter where we end up. Though, if we did win, I'd rather be in 5th or 7th than 6th to avoid the Cavs in the second round. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it happens every game. It's almost comical to the point where I think going into every game teams will automatically just shoot 3's and they will go in.

Especially out of the corners, and we are leaving them wide open almost every stinkin time. I am not impressed with McMillian at all. 

1. Watching Nate's press conference he made it feel like the Pacers players didn't care enough about losing. Just like the Bulls problems they dealt with this year. Also he said everyone on the team is quiet (shot at Paul George's leadership?). Wonder if we can get something at the trade deadline to improve the pick and roll, 3 point shooting, and/or perimeter defense.

2. Our loss and the Bulls win brings them to one game behind us for the sixth spot. Can't afford to keep losing after the all-star break.

3. We have the Grizzlies after the all-star break which is a team we have historically not matched up well against. Schedule is not any easier directly after the break (Grizzlies, Heat, Rockets, Spurs, Hawks)

49 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think we gotta put a fork in this year's team.  They're 1-3 against the Wizards this year, 0-2 against the Celtics, 1-2 against the Cavaliers, 1-3 against the Raptors, and 0-1 against the Hawks.  That gives them a total 3-11 record against teams ranked higher than them in the East.

You are probably right. I cant see how we can beat any of those teams in a series.

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Bulls are not trading Jimmy Butler........for picks..they just arent

Rumors going around that the Bulls front office would trade him for 2 first round picks and 2-3 players to match salaries.  Should they do this? No but we are talking about the Bulls front office here, arguably one of the worst and dumbest in sports. 

6 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think we gotta put a fork in this year's team.  They're 1-3 against the Wizards this year, 0-2 against the Celtics, 1-2 against the Cavaliers, 1-3 against the Raptors, and 0-1 against the Hawks.  That gives them a total 3-11 record against teams ranked higher than them in the East.

We haven't played the Raptors yet and the playoffs are a different story especially if we can get healthy so I'm not going to say we are done. I didn't think last year we would take the Raptors to 7 games.

But it isn't looking good right now.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

We haven't played the Raptors yet and the playoffs are a different story especially if we can get healthy so I'm not going to say we are done. I didn't think last year we would take the Raptors to 7 games.

But it isn't looking good right now.

Oops, thanks for catching my mistake about the Raps.  That makes it a 2-8 record against teams ranked higher than them in the East.  Still pretty bad.  As you said, playoffs are different and Paul George has shown a tendency to elevate his play in the playoffs

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693626-paul-george-wont-commit-to-new-pacers-contract-wants-to-play-on-winning-team

These comments aren't that great, in my opinion.  At the end of the day, I do think George re-signs with Indy because of how much money Indy can offer him over other teams.  Not only that, but we aren't the Kings.  Larry Bird makes moves to improve the roster.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693626-paul-george-wont-commit-to-new-pacers-contract-wants-to-play-on-winning-team

These comments aren't that great, in my opinion.  At the end of the day, I do think George re-signs with Indy because of how much money Indy can offer him over other teams.  Not only that, but we aren't the Kings.  Larry Bird makes moves to improve the roster.

Indiana is a winning team as they are above .500. :hat:

Joking aside, I think he'll stay too with the exact same reason you mentioned. 

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

If PG said that he wants to play for a team that can compete for championships, I see that as him saying he cares more about winning than money. I definitely can see him leaving. Though, he did say he wants to be the first to bring a championship to Indiana.

I just don't think he has what it takes to be the best player on a championship team. He's not enough of a playmaker. He may need to join up with another star or we need to find someone that fits the bill.

32 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its the all-star break...obviously the season isn't over ..

....we need a perimiter shooter and defender..but we have a strong group.....even though we didn't get it done against the Wizards and Cleveland

17 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

If PG said that he wants to play for a team that can compete for championships, I see that as him saying he cares more about winning than money. I definitely can see him leaving. Though, he did say he wants to be the first to bring a championship to Indiana.

I just don't think he has what it takes to be the best player on a championship team. He's not enough of a playmaker. He may need to join up with another star or we need to find someone that fits the bill.

Yeah, I think he's currently a bit too inconsistent to be considered an elite player.  He's very good, but he's not in the top tier group.  Of course, he can always elevate his play to that elite level.  He has the talent to do it.  I do think we need a better coach too

17 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

He's been the best player on the Pacers since the 2012 Season and we took LeBron James 7 games in the Conference Finals. I think he definitely can be the best player on a Championship team. I agree he needs another All-Star type player to help him but I don't think he needs a loaded team to get it done in the future. It's unfortunate right now for every team in the league other than the Warriors and Cavs because they are loaded with SuperStars. Everyone puts Leonard on a pedestal but he wouldn't have any Championships had he not played with Duncan and Parker being Coached by Pop. Duncan still had game back in 2014 when they won. Put Leonard on this Pacers team and we have the same record IMO. I would take PG over every SF in the league other than LeBron and Durant. I think he's just as good as Leonard and better than Butler. Butler made the All-Star team but we have a better record than they do, makes little sense. Melo is another that plays that position and I would take PG over him too because he is much younger.