Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Cousins might be a bit of a jerk, but hes a jerk that can score AND rebound. We in the worst way need a rebounder.

Cousins is a jerk but I do think that has something to do with the Kings organization at all. They are one of the worst run franchises in the NBA. They're not the worst but they're pretty bad. The worst is by far the hapless Knicks

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Cousins is a jerk but I do think that has something to do with the Kings organization at all. They are one of the worst run franchises in the NBA. They're not the worst but they're pretty bad. The worst is by far the hapless Knicks

I can't even blame Cousins. It has to be miserable to be on such a laughable franchise. 

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I can't even blame Cousins. It has to be miserable to be on such a laughable franchise. 

There are just certain organizations that can't get out of their own way. Sacramento Kings are one of them. They've made so many bad decisions since those great teams in the early 2000s. Can't win consistently if you don't have good team management

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

There are just certain organizations that can't get out of their own way. Sacramento Kings are one of them. They've made so many bad decisions since those great teams in the early 2000s. Can't win consistently if you don't have good team management

Their fans are just as bad as they really think the 2002 WCFinals was rigged haha. Lakers won Game 7 on their home court. If the Kings were really the better team they would've ran the Lakers off the floor if they felt like the got cheated in Game 6. Kobe and Shaq took care of them lmao. Anyways, Cousins is wasting his career with that dump of a franchise. Pair him up with PG and Teague it would be pretty lethal IMO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their fans are just as bad as they really think the 2002 WCFinals was rigged haha. Lakers won Game 7 on their home court. If the Kings were really the better team they would've ran the Lakers off the floor if they felt like the got cheated in Game 6. Kobe and Shaq took care of them lmao. Anyways, Cousins is wasting his career with that dump of a franchise. Pair him up with PG and Teague it would be pretty lethal IMO.

A former referee did come out and say that series was rigged. But you knew once the Lakers won game 6, they would win game 7 as well. And yes pairing DeMarcus Cousins with Jeff Teague and Paul George could win a lot of basketball games. I would be all for Boogie

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

A former referee did come out and say that series was rigged. But you knew once the Lakers won game 6, they would win game 7 as well. And yes pairing DeMarcus Cousins with Jeff Teague and Paul George could win a lot of basketball games. I would be all for Boogie

I remember that Game 7 because the Kings shot 2-20 from 3 and 15-33 from the Foul line. Reason I remember those stats because everyone was complaining the series was rigged. Kings actually choked in Game 7 and beat themselves IMO. If we traded for Cousins I would be on cloud 9, I love Turner but Cousins is so much stronger and awesome on the Boards. He is just a lot stronger.

Really cant wait for the Warriors at Thunder game. Seeing Durant return will be interesting. That is one rowdy crowd in OKC. I still think what LeBron did was worse by leaving the Cavs to go to the Heat. Reason being LeBron was being compared to the next Jordan, nobody has ever compared Durant to Jordan. LeBron was supposed to be the best ever but joins Wade and Bosh, that is worse IMO. People want to say Durant left the team that lost to the Warriors in 7 so that makes it worse. Yet LeBron's Cavs went 66-16 and lost in the Conference Finals in 2009, then in 2010 the Cavs went 61-21 and lost to the Celtics in the Playoffs. Celtics went to the Finals that season by the way. Cavs had a Good team but he still left. I don't like that either one of them left but what LeBron is worse to sum it up. He is just getting a pass now because he returned to the Cavs and they won it all, otherwise people in Cleveland would hate him had he stayed in Miami. Players that never left their team in their prime = Magic, Bird, Jordan, and Kobe. Jordan played for the Wizards but that was after his prime. Those 4 guys should be put on a pedestal for staying with the same franchise. Reggie Miller staying with the Pacers for 18 seasons is impressive as well. Reggie could've left and joined a team like the Knicks or Jazz. Those teams were each 1 player away of winning to get an easy Ring but Reggie chose to stay and try in Indy.

On 2017-02-10 at 7:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Turner's game but Cousins is on another level. Ok, he has an attitude problem but I would still love him on my team.

You could even make the case that he doesn't have an attitude problem.  He's in his 7th year in the NBA and hasn't made the playoffs.  Absolutely inept management has kept that team in the gutter for years, so it's no surprise he's frustrated.  When you put him on a good team, like when he plays for Team USA, he never butts heads with anyone or has any outbursts.  I think he's just frustrated at having to carry the franchise for so long and he doesn't really care to control himself as much because his outbursts are inconsequential.  It's not like the team is fighting for a playoff spot (they're currently 2.5 games back of 8th place, sitting in 10th place in the conference), so him missing a game isn't a big deal.  If he were on the Pacers, for example, he'd know he's on a playoff team, so he doesn't want to mess things up.  I fully agree with you though, I'd love to have Cousins

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

You could even make the case that he doesn't have an attitude problem.  He's in his 7th year in the NBA and hasn't made the playoffs.  Absolutely inept management has kept that team in the gutter for years, so it's no surprise he's frustrated.  When you put him on a good team, like when he plays for Team USA, he never butts heads with anyone or has any outbursts.  I think he's just frustrated at having to carry the franchise for so long and he doesn't really care to control himself as much because his outbursts are inconsequential.  It's not like the team is fighting for a playoff spot (they're currently 2.5 games back of 8th place, sitting in 10th place in the conference), so him missing a game isn't a big deal.  If he were on the Pacers, for example, he'd know he's on a playoff team, so he doesn't want to mess things up.  I fully agree with you though, I'd love to have Cousins

He is so much better than Turner, Turner is Good but not on Cousins level. Imagine if we had him to go with PG and Teague for a Big3. Then bench players like Big Al and Seraphin for tough big's as well. I would definitely trade Turner and Monta for Cousins if I had the chance and if the Kings would do it.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is so much better than Turner, Turner is Good but not on Cousins level. Imagine if we had him to go with PG and Teague for a Big3. Then bench players like Big Al and Seraphin for tough big's as well. I would definitely trade Turner and Monta for Cousins if I had the chance and if the Kings would do it.

True, but I really like Turner.  I don't want to give him up.  I'd rather go with a big three of Turner, Cousins, and PG.  I like Teague, but I think what those other three guys bring to the table is bigger than what Teague brings.  I really like Teague's play (he's currently sitting 6th in the league in assists per game), but I think we'd have to give him away, in addition to many other pieces, to get Cousins.  With the big three of Cousins, Turner (good luck trying to score in the post) and PG, we'd need a pass-first point guard (Rondo?  Rubio?) and the team would be solid.  A starting five of Rubio/Miles/George/Turner/Cousins could challenge for the NBA crown, in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

True, but I really like Turner.  I don't want to give him up.  I'd rather go with a big three of Turner, Cousins, and PG.  I like Teague, but I think what those other three guys bring to the table is bigger than what Teague brings.  I really like Teague's play (he's currently sitting 6th in the league in assists per game), but I think we'd have to give him away, in addition to many other pieces, to get Cousins.  With the big three of Cousins, Turner (good luck trying to score in the post) and PG, we'd need a pass-first point guard (Rondo?  Rubio?) and the team would be solid.  A starting five of Rubio/Miles/George/Turner/Cousins could challenge for the NBA crown, in my opinion.

Great point, if we traded Teague instead and kept Turner I would be ok with it but Teague is playing solid right now. I do agree with Cousins and Turner on the Post we would be similar to the Grizz with Gasol and ZBo but we have PG as well so we would be the Grizz on steroids basically. Would still need a passing Point Guard as you said though if we traded Teague. Rubio would be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

No way do you trade Jeff Teague. That would be like suicide. But Bucks-Pacers coming up now. Can't lose this game too. Have to beat the Bucks at home

I wouldn't trade him but if Cousins is in the deal along with another Point Guard than it would have to be considered. I would love a team with Cousins, PG, and Teague as my Big 3 because we also have BIG's like Thad, Al and Seraphin as well.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't trade him but if Cousins is in the deal along with another Point Guard than it would have to be considered. I would love a team with Cousins, PG, and Teague as my Big 3 because we also have BIG's like Thad, Al and Seraphin as well.

I just wouldn't trade Jeff Teague at all. Yes Cousins is really good but I'm not trading a star PG