Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Williams at rb

WoolMagnet

Williams has impressed me a lot more than Ferguson up to this point. He looks fluid out there, and like you said, almost Bradshaw like, on that last TD run. Get him some more reps with the ones next game. See what he can do. The team may not have that one superstar running back, but there's a ton of talented backs, who each have their own different skill set that I think can help the offense a ton this season.

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Williams has impressed me a lot more than Ferguson up to this point. He looks fluid out there, and like you said, almost Bradshaw like, on that last TD run. Get him some more reps with the ones next game. See what he can do. The team may not have that one superstar running back, but there's a ton of talented backs, who each have their own different skill set that I think can help the offense a ton this season.

As in the past, we may not see the 1s in the final preseason game.

i'm not gonna knock Ferguson just yet.  He's been seeing tougher defenses than Williams I feel.  Turbin looked adequate.  He's not afraid to deliver a hit and showed some shiftiness and speed tonight.

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

As in the past, we may not see the 1s in the final preseason game.

i'm not gonna knock Ferguson just yet.  He's been seeing tougher defenses than Williams I feel.  Turbin looked adequate.  He's not afraid to deliver a hit and showed some shiftiness and speed tonight.

Turbin is great in pass protection and runs with power. A solid 2RB. And I haven't given up on Ferg yet either, just stating that Tre has made more plays. But you are correct that Ferg has seen tougher Defenses. Also important to keep in mind that the Bills, Ravens and Eagles all boast above average run defenses. Hopefully the team gives Josh more screens and pitches. His best play was on a screen. I believe he picked up 16 yards

From everything I've seen talent wise I think Trey is the better and more explosive talent than Ferguson.  They really need to give the kid and extended look with the ones or two instead of where they've been playing him.  Williams can make something out of nothing and so far that's what they've been giving him.  Take this plate of crap and make something out of it kid.  And he does.

21 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Turbin is great in pass protection and runs with power. A solid 2RB. And I haven't given up on Ferg yet either, just stating that Tre has made more plays. But you are correct that Ferg has seen tougher Defenses. Also important to keep in mind that the Bills, Ravens and Eagles all boast above average run defenses. Hopefully the team gives Josh more screens and pitches. His best play was on a screen. I believe he picked up 16 yards

Ferguson had a nice play on the screen pass, but I think if that was given to Trey he'd have done more on that play than Josh.  Wiliams clearly has more speed and acceleration than Ferg. More ability to make guys miss and he's electric.

Man, I really wanted to see something from Ferguson. Fact is, he hasn't shown he can actually run the ball. What's his YPC right now for the preseason? Under 2.0? Under 1.0? He's not having luck running up the gut or bouncing outside. Had the one good reception tonight, but we NEED a rushing threat - not just a 4th receiver out of the backfield.

54 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ferguson had a nice play on the screen pass, but I think if that was given to Trey he'd have done more on that play than Josh.  Wiliams clearly has more speed and acceleration than Ferg. More ability to make guys miss and he's electric.

Trey has the tools. Let's see if he can make use of them against top competition.

yes, i like Trey over Josh right now, but remember it is not just the level of competition these backs are going against.  Trey was drafted by the Skins LAST year, so he's had more time to get up to speed in the NFL, and set himself.  Ferg has a chance, even though he's not produced yet, I do see the potention in him.  It is possible one of these guys makes the team and the other goes to the PS.