Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts work out Clemson LB BJ Goodson

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Well what do you know, I see in the body of the article another workout of Reggie Ragland.

I think that is referencing when he came in on March 15th, about a week after we checked him out at the Bama pro day...and maybe that is what you meant, just wanted to point out that it wasn't anything recent.

15 hours ago, krunk said:

Well what do you know, I see in the body of the article another workout of Reggie Ragland.

Do you think he gets past the Raiders? I have as hard time believing he does. One scenario is for Jack to fall, clear the medical for the Raiders, and then I could see a slight chance for Ragland to be there for us.

7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Do you think he gets past the Raiders? I have as hard time believing he does. One scenario is for Jack to fall, clear the medical for the Raiders, and then I could see a slight chance for Ragland to be there for us.

I think they will go D line or cornerback maybe. Not sure if Ragland is their style of backer.

I think this colts draft will be mostly linebackers. It wont surprise me if we see 3 of them drafted. The rest will be OL and a safety unless we have an A plus athlete on the board at another position and can't pass it up. Also we may add a RB.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think this colts draft will be mostly linebackers. It wont surprise me if we see 3 of them drafted. The rest will be OL and a safety unless we have an A plus athlete on the board at another position and can't pass it up. Also we may add a RB.

But, BPA at 18 could easily be a DT like A'Shawn Robinson....

4 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

But, BPA at 18 could easily be a DT like A'Shawn Robinson....

That's why at the end I said "unless we have an A plus athlete on the board at another position and can't pass it up". Could be any round, my apologies I should have been more clear. 

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

That's why at the end I said "unless we have an A plus athlete on the board at another position and can't pass it up". Could be any round.

Agreed...and I know you are a BPA guy - wasn't busting your chops.  Every time I look at who is likely to be there at 18, the list of high ceiling low floor pros is probably the longest at DT

30 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Agreed...and I know you are a BPA guy - wasn't busting your chops.  Every time I look at who is likely to be there at 18, the list of high ceiling low floor pros is probably the longest at DT

Plenty of A plus athletes at that position this year and you are most likely correct.  For offensive line I'd be cool with Conklin at that spot also, but as you say BPA has a good likelihood of being a DT.  I'm not real clear on what we'll do about pass rushers because it's not real attractive.  Especially in the first round.  I think Leonard Floyd has the speed, size and flexibility to be a good pass rusher but there's a lot of other stuff missing from his game to me.  Plus I think he is very lacking in the strength department. I can't think of anyone else outside of Correa and I don't think he's a first round guy.  I like him though.  Of course I love my guy Shaq Lawson, but I think he'll be gone by 18 the way it's been looking so far.  He or Kevin Dodd would be acceptable for me.

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

Plenty of A plus athletes at that position this year and you are most likely correct.  For offensive line I'd be cool with Conklin at that spot also, but as you say BPA has a good likelihood of being a DT.  I'm not real clear on what we'll do about pass rushers because it's not real attractive.  Especially in the first round.  I think Leonard Floyd has the speed, size and flexibility to be a good pass rusher but there's a lot of other stuff missing from his game to me.  Plus I think he is very lacking in the strength department. I can't think of anyone else outside of Correa and I don't think he's a first round guy.  I like him though.  Of course I love my guy Shaq Lawson, but I think he'll be gone by 18 the way it's been looking so far.  He or Kevin Dodd would be acceptable for me.

Yep, Conklin is the guy I'd want if Robinson and Lawson are gone.  I'm fine with Floyd, because I'm sure that he can be taught to play, but every time I watch him, I see exactly what you describe plus a lack of instincts.  Plenty of guys like him have become studs, but the floor is also pretty low.

Correa...I don't see anything special other than the way he tests and looks.  Probably worth a second round pick, but I think there will be much better OL and DL prospects available at that pick.

Dodd is very intriguing, especially if Monachino is flexible enough with his scheme.