Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enjoying The Playoffs More Than Normal

shakedownstreet

most years i am so bummed after the colts get beat that i barely want to watch the rest of it. it's refreshing to be able to sit back, relax & enjoy the spectacle.

there is also the fact the big game is here in indianapolis. my civic pride has heightened my interest

my only dog in the fight (intentional vick reference) is hoping the pats lose, but it's not like i am desparate for it. i can be hateful, but not that hateful. i know some patriots fans will read this and take offense to my comments. they are all snipey & on edge because they are worried about sunday, which is exactly my point

the only people who want the patriots to win are patriot fans. face it, everyone hates you. that's the price of success and having a coach that resemle the dark overlord

most years i am so bummed after the colts get beat that i barely want to watch the rest of it. it's refreshing to be able to sit back, relax & enjoy the spectacle.

there is also the fact the big game is here in indianapolis. my civic pride has heightened my interest

my only dog in the fight (intentional vick reference) is hoping the pats lose, but it's not like i am desparate for it. i can be hateful, but not that hateful. i know some patriots fans will read this and take offense to my comments. they are all snipey & on edge because they are worried about sunday, which is exactly my point

the only people who want the patriots to win are patriot fans. face it, everyone hates you. that's the price of success and having a coach that resemle the dark overlord

Wow!How many people have seen that movie(HOWARD THE DUCK)?!That's where you got that "dark overlord" thing from,right?In many ways 'BB' is similiar to howard...well,at least stature wise he is.

Wow!How many people have seen that movie(HOWARD THE DUCK)?!That's where you got that "dark overlord" thing from,right?In many ways 'BB' is similiar to howard...well,at least stature wise he is.

I watched that movie about 50 times. Not because it was good. Because of that all-to-short scene with Lea Thompson in her undies.........oh man! I gotta go comb my hair....brb.

I watched that movie about 50 times. Not because it was good. Because of that all-to-short scene with Lea Thompson in her undies.........oh man! I gotta go comb my hair....brb.

I was thinking the same thing!lol!But i was afraid to post it,because of my current VILLIAN status.I especially love the schene where she's going through his wallet:"Ohhhhhhhh hhhhhooowwaarrddd".HAHAHA!I wish that i lived with that band in a tiny studio apartment!>>>>>(^____*)!!!

I was thinking about this the other day...from a little different perspective as you guys of course , but still a similar thought. I was saying that if the Pats were to lose Sunday...at least I dont have a strong rooting interest in the remaining teams vying for the title. Its just as stressful rooting AGAINST a team as it is rooting FOR one...so should the Pats not make it at least ill be able to kick back and enjoy the Superbowl.

That said...Im hoping for a stressful last few weeks of the season ;)

No doubt. But that's really not any different from any other team in any sport that's had a prolonged run of success. And the Patriots are the first NFL team in the modern information era (Internet, message boards, etc) to have that kind of run. So it's only natural.

The "tuck rule" game was 10 years ago yesterday. To show the kind of consistency that the Patriots have shown over an entire decade is only appealing to the fans of said team.

Personally, it used to bother me a little, but not anymore. People don't like it when someone is at or near the top of the heap for so long. Someday it'll all end and the Patriots will return to mediocrity, or worse. So I'm ignoring the haters and just trying to enjoy it while it lasts!

It has been the farthest from enjoyment for me. My stress level at work for a new year has been the highest in about 4 years. Even if I solve an issue with client A, I am thinking too much about client B or C and am having a hard time this year putting aside work issues while being at home. It has literally ruined my January. I can only hope I get out of my rut and enjoy my weekends and leave work alone.

I normally don't consume alcohol on weekdays but maybe I should, to chill me down :).

On a light note, I think the city of Indianapolis will be primarily rooting for the NFC rep in the SB, that is probably a safe thing to say :)